What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

Re: '10 CA LB Chris Martin

So Kennard choosing USC makes the race for Martin wide open. He has no issues with leaving the state either. Hoping Cabral can work some magic here.

you think so? When I first started following recruiting (albeit not as much as you), SC was emerging as a powerhouse again. I kept thinking that if this kid commits to SC, then that other highly recruited kid CAN'T commit too...right? And then year after year, Carrol would pull in more highly regarded recruits playing the same or similar positions. I have to respectfully disagree with you - Kennard choosing SC will not deter Martin from going to SC as well...CU staff will have to fight hard for Martin.

you think so? When I first started following recruiting (albeit not as much as you), SC was emerging as a powerhouse again. I kept thinking that if this kid commits to SC, then that other highly recruited kid CAN'T commit too...right? And then year after year, Carrol would pull in more highly regarded recruits playing the same or similar positions. I have to respectfully disagree with you - Kennard choosing SC will not deter Martin from going to SC as well...CU staff will have to fight hard for Martin.

Martin specifically mentioned the Kennard situation/early playing time in an article I saw a couple weeks ago. Plus, quite a few people think he wants to leave the state anyway (this may change). But he is definitely looking at early playing as a major consideration, so I really do think Kennard going to USC is a deterrent in this case. Obviously, for the most part, USC is still able to recruit anybody and everybody.

Won't Manti Teos' decision affect Martin as well? Something about if he goes to USC than USC is out of the picture?

Pulled the trigger to ****ing Notre Dame. You gotta be ****ting me.:huh:

phuuuuuuuck, even without trying those scheisse esseners get good recruits. :wtf:

it isnt over
we got 365 days to go and hawks a closer:lol:

Re: '10 CA LB Chris Martin (Committed to Notre Dame)

Hawk better step up and get this kid. Watch some of his vids. The kid's a monster. Talking about another Chad Brown.

Wonder if Teo's mission had anything to do with this? Makes sense in a way.

Let's hope Weis gets canned after next year. Supposedly we were 2nd to ND for Martin

Is he an ilb or olb at the college level?

Well they will stay on him, signing day is a long ways off. If Notre Dame tanks this year, he might reconsider.

Well they will stay on him, signing day is a long ways off. If Notre Dame tanks this year, he might reconsider.

Notre Dame has a schedule that a high school team could win 9 games, I doubt they tank

bump ive heard from a couple people he was in boulder today talknig to cabral and jayshon sykes

He wanted to tell the coaches in person why he chose ND over CU. Per Rivals

He wanted to tell the coaches in person why he chose ND over CU. Per Rivals

Yeah, most players flyer to a different city to tell some coaches why they aren't going to play for them. Hmmmm.

Nah, I'm going with the sunshine outlook on this one. No reason to fly out for anyone's spring game unless you REALLY like the team and coaches, even if you are committed, it shows how close it was.

And if it was that close a decision between CU and ND, the teeter totter could fall back the other direction over the next 10 months. An eternity when you are 17 years old.

You never know until signing day, as we learned the hard way with some recruits, and the exceptionally positive way with others.

Yeah, most players flyer to a different city to tell some coaches why they aren't going to play for them. Hmmmm.

Nah, I'm going with the sunshine outlook on this one. No reason to fly out for anyone's spring game unless you REALLY like the team and coaches, even if you are committed, it shows how close it was.

And if it was that close a decision between CU and ND, the teeter totter could fall back the other direction over the next 10 months. An eternity when you are 17 years old.

You never know until signing day, as we learned the hard way with some recruits, and the exceptionally positive way with others.
:yeahthat:
fly out here to tell coaches why they weren't good enough? bull****.

Didn't your friends tell you he was wearing a Notre Dame hoodie? :lol:

I'm sure Mr. Kasa wore other colors and team gear while he was considering that ... other school, the one in the swamp.

Just keeping it in perspective.

The source that says the ND commitment is solid knows his stuff.

The source that says the ND commitment is solid knows his stuff.

It might be. Probably is. But as somebody said above, 10 months is an eternity when you are 17. He might be a solid ND commit today, but if anything changes, the fact that he was here today sounds like we would at least be in the game... :thumbsup:

Back