What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO DE Chris Martin (Signed to California)

Re: '10 CA LB Chris Martin (Committed to Notre Dame)

It might be. Probably is. But as somebody said above, 10 months is an eternity when you are 17. He might be a solid ND commit today, but if anything changes, the fact that he was here today sounds like we would at least be in the game... :thumbsup:
stop making sense. I hate it when you do that. Thank god it's rare! :lol: :wink2:

The source that says the ND commitment is solid knows his stuff.

It might be. Probably is. But as somebody said above, 10 months is an eternity when you are 17. He might be a solid ND commit today, but if anything changes, the fact that he was here today sounds like we would at least be in the game... :thumbsup:

Of course it is solid.
But it doesn't change the fact that he is keeping in touch with Hawkins and staff, that he chose to make a trip to Boulder and take in a game.

It's just remarkable. I would say that a kid watching both teams play in season next year will start to visualize where he could fit in best, and once he starts seeing himself on Folsom Field instead of in front of Touchdown Jesus, the commitment could slowly crumble.

Or not.

But I like the fantasy better than being hard-a$$ realistic.

A situation to keep an eye on, just know that it will take something drastic (like Weis getting fired) for him to switch IMO.

Always a good thing to get the attention of top-flight Cali talent though.:thumbsup:

When he committed to Notre Dame he said he was going to visit CU to tell the coaches in person why he committed to ND. His family vacations in Colorado. Chris Martin is all Notre Dame right now.

I'm sure Mr. Kasa wore other colors and team gear while he was considering that ... other school, the one in the swamp.

Just keeping it in perspective.
Do you really think Nick Kasa showed up to Boulder for his official with UF gear head to toe? I doubt that. Not many kids do that.

A situation to keep an eye on, just know that it will take something drastic (like Weis getting fired) for him to switch IMO.

Always a good thing to get the attention of top-flight Cali talent though.:thumbsup:

Might turn out to be a positive. Other hs players might ask Martin about CU, facilities, coaches, etc. Might work in the Buffs favor.....

Do you really think Nick Kasa showed up to Boulder for his official with UF gear head to toe? I doubt that. Not many kids do that.

No. I think Kasa wore UF gear while he was fully committed to UF in his head.

One day, maybe he selected something neutral, and then down the road, he felt like wearing black and gold.

Kasa wasn't committed anywhere when he took his officials, so I doubt he was sporting anyone's colors, except to be respectful of the school he was visiting. I know recruits are aware of what they wear --- like few would show up in pure red to a CU visit. Martin wore his ND sweatshirt to say to Weiss "nothing to worry about here, just taking in a game and the Flatirons" but I also think Martin showing up to CU at all, IN PUBLIC and at a very public event, offers more interpretations.

It will be interesting to watch this play out. Statistically, the two teams weren't that far apart.

CU results, 2008:
5 wins
7 losses

ND results, 2008:
6 wins + bowl win = 7 wins
6 losses

One big difference to a player like Martin might be the number of ND players that may go pro. Colorado did not have a great year.
Just think the way our season goes is going to be HUGE in recruitment this year. And I'm optimistic in that department.

Sorry to go a little OT on this thread, but here's a footnote (no pun intended):
While looking up ND's game stats, I noted that ND's FG kicker had a tough year in 2008.

WALKER, Brandon 14 fgs in 24 attempts
(But that was better than the previous year, when he made 6 of 12 in 2007 - 50%.)

So Walker missed 10 last season and Goodman missed "only" 9 - keeps it in perspective, especially since I'm convinced Aric is coming back strong in '09, whereas Walker is still struggling, possibly with injuries as well. ND has brought in a new kicker to the mix.

ND had a lot of ongoing kicking woes and I'm pretty sure this was one of the first teams that Grossnickle was invited to visit as a junior, and told friends that he hated the campus. Way before he was on CU's radar and vice versa. old Premium Rivals article.

this wasn't his official visit so some of these comparisons are a bit off... but the fact is he is committed. However, Weis is on the hot seat for sure and another losing season may see HIM quit (hell, he thought about it last year!). So its good to be #2 in this situation. Hell, anything is possible.

Weis getting fired doesn't seem drastic to me. I think it's more likely than not!

No. I think Kasa wore UF gear while he was fully committed to UF in his head.

One day, maybe he selected something neutral, and then down the road, he felt like wearing black and gold.

Kasa wasn't committed anywhere when he took his officials, so I doubt he was sporting anyone's colors, except to be respectful of the school he was visiting. I know recruits are aware of what they wear --- like few would show up in pure red to a CU visit. Martin wore his ND sweatshirt to say to Weiss "nothing to worry about here, just taking in a game and the Flatirons" but I also think Martin showing up to CU at all, IN PUBLIC and at a very public event, offers more interpretations.

So I guess the 3 bills he dropped in the ND bookstore at the ND spring game was for show. right?:lol:

He's not coming to CU.

So I guess the 3 bills he dropped in the ND bookstore at the ND spring game was for show. right?:lol:

He's not coming to CU.

He fully believes he is going to Notre Dame and his commitment will not waver.
He believes the girl he is taking to prom will love him forever and vice versa.
He knows exactly what his major will be in college.

... and parents of teenagers, and recent teenagers, know that all that can change in a heartbeat.

3 bills is nothing when you have a change of heart.

Believe me, I'm not saying Chris is coming to CU. I'm just saying he's engaged to one girl and texting another. So you never know a year from now which one he'll hold close to his heart.

:lol:

If you want to think CU has a chance go ahead. I think he's 100% sold on ND.

Afterall, that is what Ebay is all about... hope he has an account.:smile2:

He can sell all his ND stuff there when he sees the buff light.

only $3500, buy it now!

b053_35.JPG

Has transferred to Grandview, making the 5A title chase much more interesting.

(And we still have little to no shot)

I'm not giving up hope. I still don't like our odds, but they're better than they were yesterday.

Also, regarding Grandview, their WR Heath Davis is interesting. He's 6 feet tall, 180 lbs, runs around a 4.5, and won the Elite Hands award at a camp this summer. I'm not sure if he ended up making it to CUs camp this summer (injury), but he's very high on us. If you're watching Grandview play to check out Martin this year, definitely give a look to Davis. He could be a sleeper for us and if he has a big senior year I'd expect he'll at least be invited to walk on. So far no offers, but ASU, KSU, Cal, Nebraska & CSU are all keeping an eye on him too.

How did Martin go from CA to NJ to Grandview?

I know he is crazy solid on ND but you gotta wonder with him moving to Colorado and CU in his top 5 if he ends up giving us a look if CU puts together a good year and ND performs below expectations.

How did Martin go from CA to NJ to Grandview?

Couldn't afford to attend the private school in New Jersey. He has family here in Colorado, I think his cousin might be a freshman at Grandview this year.

This kid needs to fall in love at Grandview. With Colorado, with some pretty girl, who cares!!!!!

He WILL be a Buff.

This is great news guys. Great news. If he likes it here (people,weather) he could definitely be swayed to CU. He has a tremendous relationship with our coaching staff. Think positive people!!:smile2:

This is great news guys. Great news. If he likes it here (people,weather) he could definitely be swayed to CU. He has a tremendous relationship with our coaching staff. Think positive people!!:smile2:

It beats a kick in the nuts.:smile2: Let's just win some games and everything should fall into place nicely.

Also, buffaholic is right. Get this kid a girlfriend that is planning on going to CU ASAP.

I just hope he starts spending time in Boulder for unofficial visits, going to games, etc. Kasa did the same quite a bit and next thing you know, he's a Buff.

Very important to get him up to Boulder for a couple games. He has already been on campus before, just have to get him visiting a couple times during the season.

Time for Hawk and Bandison to work some magic.

Back