What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO K Kip Smith (Signed to UCLA)

Re: '10 CO K Kip Smith (Committed to Minnesota)

If you'd like to see the kick by Kip Smith and the play that leads up to it,
[video=youtube;MQv4JPrXlRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQv4JPrXlRA[/video] as posted by the Broomfield City & County Government. (I think they might be proud of their guy :smile2: )

I recommended you fast forward and start watching at about
58:22, that's when the opposing team punts to Legacy. Actual kick is at close to 1:00 on the counter (yes, that's one hour, they posted the entire game, 2 hours and ten minutes.) The kick occurs seconds before time was to run out in the first half.

Legacy makes a fair catch, and there's some obscure rule that allows the Legacy kicker to attempt a FG off a tee, with the opposing team 10 yards away. He does, and it's good.

Smith took his official to Minnesota this weekend, had a great time.
Rivals update. He is ranked #3 kicker nationally.

Whichever kicker Hawkins is thinking of offering, he may have waited too long on Kip.

Or not. Oddly enough, rumors surfaced of a possible decommit and invite to UCLA. He also holds an offer from KSU.

Kip says cryptically, "I figured if UCLA wanted me as much at Minnesota does they would have offered already."

I would love to know what rule allows for that kind of kick

I saw this kid kick against BHS last weekend. Big leg. Holy cow can this kid boom it. He was kicking PATs over the fence behind the track that's behind the field. All of his kickoffs went into the end zone.

He's a little pudgy, though. I'm sure that will work itself out with a good S&C coach at the next level.

I saw this kid kick against BHS last weekend. Big leg. Holy cow can this kid boom it. He was kicking PATs over the fence behind the track that's behind the field. All of his kickoffs went into the end zone.

He's a little pudgy, though. I'm sure that will work itself out with a good S&C coach at the next level.
Like Sebastian Janikowski?

Like Sebastian Janikowski?

Was my exact thought when I saw him up close. His uniform is, let's say, a little snug. Kid's got one helluva leg, though.

Great leg but how many damn kickers do we need? I saw Mooseknuckle on film and he has a good leg and seems accurate. Goodman has the physical tools but is a head case. Thats the problem he thinks too much, period.

Great leg but how many damn kickers do we need? I saw Mooseknuckle on film and he has a good leg and seems accurate. Goodman has the physical tools but is a head case. Thats the problem he thinks too much, period.

I actually agree with this. 'Nickle should be able to to cover us for a few years.

He is too busy worrying about what all of his friends at CU will think about him when he makes a kick. Or when he misses.

He is too busy worrying about what all of his friends at CU will think about him when he makes a kick. Or when he misses.
what are u saying? the gold shoes gave him away? if he's worried about what his friends think of him when he makes one, i dont think he should worry.:lol:

what are u saying? the gold shoes gave him away? if he's worried about what his friends think of him when he makes one, i dont think he should worry.:lol:

Well, since he went to Creek he already knows 300+ just his age who are here now. And probably at least another 200 or so from other age groups. They already have opinions of him and I think he may feel like he needs to preserve them.

Now has an offer. Hope he decides to be a Buff.

Hope so too. I don't think Grossnickle is a kicker is he? I know he was in High School, but I thought he was only practicing punting this year? We need Smith pretty bad imo.

I think 'nickle should get a shot kicking. He looked great in HS

I agree, my question was, has he been working as kicker since he got to CU? I was under the impression they were just getting him ready to punt.

Smith would be the best kicker on the roster day 1. Kasa needs to get him to CU.

Re: '10 CO K Kip Smith (Committed to UCLA)

Kip has switched his commitment from Minnesota to UCLA.

I am angry at the current coaching staff for missing out on him. He was a heavy CU lean early on, we didn't offer until way late in the process, and then screwed it up.

woohooo money FOMFY!

(for one more ****ing year)

Sure, a kicker a year! Grossnickle has just 4 more? Whatever.

Sure, a kicker a year! Grossnickle has just 4 more? Whatever.

Grossnickle is likely to be the punter next season. Unless you're comfortable with him being a kicker as well after Goodman graduates, then it makes no sense to pass on a kicker in our own backyard that can redshirt this season and then have four years to kick. The kicking situation would be set for three seasons. Seems like a good thing to me. Your "a kicker a year!" is pure hyperbole when applied to this situation.

If we could get this kid, we really should. He's got a freakish leg. I would suspect we still have a shot at him, given the fact that UCLA isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and we might end up with a halfway decent coach before it's all said and done.

Back