What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO OT Dillon Bonnell (Signed to Stanford)

Re: '10 CO OT Dillon Bonnell

Never mind, found it. bleck.

Just remember, a visit is just a visit.

I know one of our recruits was at the same location when he realized NO WAY could he live there, so for some kids, going on location is a eye-opener that works in our favor. It's like "what was I thinking!? Get me outta here!"

All I know is that NU getting both Bonnell and Moudy would suck. Losing top in-state kids sucks, but losing them to division rivals compounds the problem. I'm still very confused with the way the staff has recruited Bonnell.

It was only a few weeks ago that Dillon Bonnell made his first unofficial visit to Nebraska. This weekend, the 6-foot-4, 275-pound offensive line prospect out of Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Thunderridge made a second stop in Lincoln. However this time, he brought his whole family.

If Hawkins wants him, he better get on it.

It's rumored to be between Nebraska and Stanford with a visit also to Cal.

Last edited:

I say sure give him an offer. But I doubt he will commit. I'm fine either way because there are better OL we have offered I would like to pull in. He is a little undersized at tackle but Guard maybe. His positives are he sounds like a good kid with good grades that won't cause any trouble. Sort of a Parker Ohms for this class

It was only a few weeks ago that Dillon Bonnell made his first unofficial visit to Nebraska. This weekend, the 6-foot-4, 275-pound offensive line prospect out of Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Thunderridge made a second stop in Lincoln. However this time, he brought his whole family.

If Hawkins wants him, he better get on it.

It's rumored to be between Nebraska and Stanford with a visit also to Cal.

Read the fine print, the family went to Lincoln because little brother was in a baseball tournament. Bonnell said, as long as I'm here, I'll stop in and visit the campus.

Not quite as dramatic as making a pilgrimage to the holy stalks.
If the baseball tournament was in Indiana, he might have visited Notre Dame.

I say sure give him an offer. But I doubt he will commit. I'm fine either way because there are better OL we have offered I would like to pull in. He is a little undersized at tackle but Guard maybe. His positives are he sounds like a good kid with good grades that won't cause any trouble. Sort of a Parker Ohms for this class

we've already offered.

Read the fine print, the family went to Lincoln because little brother was in a baseball tournament. Bonnell said, as long as I'm here, I'll stop in and visit the campus.

Not quite as dramatic as making a pilgrimage to the holy stalks.
If the baseball tournament was in Indiana, he might have visited Notre Dame.

The huskerpedia morons were melting with desire for this kid when he "visited" last weekend. Reading those forums is hilarious. There is only a shred of rationality in that place. they really think that Nebraska football still matters.

****braska, Stanford, & Cal all on the same list? That seems like an odd grouping of schools.

i think the bigger question is how hard is CU after him.

Yeah, because Hawk and CU are in the USC/Texas mold of picking and choosing who they want. Look at Bonnell's film as well as his offer list. Yeah, I bet CU is barely going after him!!:rolleyes:

Yeah, because Hawk and CU are in the USC/Texas mold of picking and choosing who they want. Look at Bonnell's film as well as his offer list. Yeah, I bet CU is barely going after him!!:rolleyes:

As for in-state COlorado kids, Hawk seems to get who he wants. Miller (over ND and USC), Givens (over NU), Major (over OU), Kasa (over Florida). He is not gonna land everybody, but he has done a pretty awesome job of closing the Colorado borders to anyone. Beating teams like SC, OU and Florida is pretty good, especially after the fish that Barnett let go out of state.

We want him. We have been very selective with OL offers.

So how does he like CU? Forgive my ignorance.:huh:

He has at least 17 offers, including CU.
He attended CU's junior day in April.
Couldn't determine if he camped here this week or if coming for Friday Night Lights this week.

He says he wants to decide on a college in Sept. or October if he can, will take a couple officials first.

Pretty much, he says mildly pleasant and optimistic things about each school that offers, or that he visits. Likes all the coaches, likes the facilities, academics are "important" to him. A natural politician, polite and keeping his options all open.

The most positive quote I could find on the buffs was this on Rivals:
Colorado - "At Colorado what really stood out, after watching their practice, was how their coaches coach. They are very good teachers - not yellers. They are very supportive of their players."

"...not yellers."

Guess that leaves BoP and the red weenies out, then.

If there is one position where we can afford to be very choosy, it's OL. We will have something like 18 O-Linemen on scholarship this fall, and only a couple will be juniors or seniors. I'd be perfectly happy getting 2-3 really outstanding players on the O-Line this year, while concentrating on D-Line and WR recruiting for numbers.

Re: '10 CO OT Dillon Bonnell (Committed to Stanford)

As long as it is not NU. Those idots were convinced he was a lock.

Those morons consider anybody they offer a lock. Hence they are always shocked and amazed when prospects end up going elsewhere.

Yup. Not NU is good. Losing guys to stanford and byu happens. I think Colorado must have a very high percentage of local kids that get offers to Stanford.

I can't stand Stanford. They took Colter and Bonnell this year. I think they also took Alex Smith a long time ago from Mullen. It's a great academic school, but I really don't think too much of their athletic programs. I don't understand their appeal aside from the academics.

22 commits already for '10 and something like a dozen ESPN watchlisters among them.

At Stanford?

Harbaugh could be turning things around.

I can't stand Stanford. They took Colter and Bonnell this year. I think they also took Alex Smith a long time ago from Mullen. It's a great academic school, but I really don't think too much of their athletic programs. I don't understand their appeal aside from the academics.

I think they've only won the Sears Cup like 100 years in a row, but yeah, their athletic programs are nothing special.

I think they've only won the Sears Cup like 100 years in a row, but yeah, their athletic programs are nothing special.

True enough. But isn't that also related to their academics? They can afford to compete in every sport, which is how they always win that award. The reason they can compete is because they have the money, which comes from all those successful grads.

True enough. But isn't that also related to their academics? They can afford to compete in every sport, which is how they always win that award. The reason they can compete is because they have the money, which comes from all those successful grads.

To a point, yes. But let me throw this out at you. Of the elite schools that compete at D-1 level for football, you have Stanford, Rice, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Duke. Each of those schools has great academics and plenty of wealthy alumni willing to throw tons of money at the school. Of those schools, aside from Stanford, only Duke has anything close to an athletic pedegree, and that's in basketball.

My point is that all of those schools can afford to compete in every sport, but they don't do half the job that Stanford does.

To a point, yes. But let me throw this out at you. Of the elite schools that compete at D-1 level for football, you have Stanford, Rice, Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Duke. Each of those schools has great academics and plenty of wealthy alumni willing to throw tons of money at the school. Of those schools, aside from Stanford, only Duke has anything close to an athletic pedegree, and that's in basketball.

My point is that all of those schools can afford to compete in every sport, but they don't do half the job that Stanford does.

Although Northwestern had a pretty good year last year, going 9-4 and knocking off some decent competition:

Aug. 30 Syracuse (ESPN2) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 30-10
Sept. 6 at Duke . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 24-20
Sept. 13 Southern Illinois (BTN) . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 33-7
Sept. 20 Ohio (BTN) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 16-8
Sept. 27 at Iowa (ESPN Classic) . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 22-17
Oct. 11 23/19/21 Michigan State (ESPN2) . . . . .L, 37-20
Oct. 18 Purdue (ESPN2, HC) . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 48-26
Oct. 25 at Indiana (BTN) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .L, 21-19
Nov. 1 at 20/20/20 Minnesota (ESPN2) . . . . . .W, 24-17
Nov. 8 12/12/11 Ohio State (ESPN2) . . . . . . . .L, 45-10
Nov. 15 at Michigan (ESPN2) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 21-14
Nov. 22 Illinois (BTN) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .W, 27-10
Dec. 29 vs. 25/23/24 Missouri (ESPN) • . . .L, 30-23 (OT)

22 commits already for '10 and something like a dozen ESPN watchlisters among them.

At Stanford?

Harbaugh could be turning things around.

Recruiting is half the equation and in that department, Harbaugh has been knocking it out of the park.

Back