What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO OT Dillon Bonnell (Signed to Stanford)

Re: '10 CO OT Dillon Bonnell (Committed to Stanford)

Recruiting is half the equation and in that department, Harbaugh has been knocking it out of the park.

True, but they have a brand new stadium and can't give tickets away unless USC comes to town.

I can't go into details since it was on the subscription Rivals message board, but Dillon Bonnell's dad was at practice today, it's a very close knit family, Hawk hasn't given up in the least, and they're still high on the Buffs.

Keep your fingers crossed.

I can't go into details since it was on the subscription Rivals message board, but Dillon Bonnell's dad was at practice today, it's a very close knit family, Hawk hasn't given up in the least, and they're still high on the Buffs.

Keep your fingers crossed.
:thumbsup:good stuff Maynard!

It would continue a nice trend of landing top offensive line prospects in the state. Hope he is in black and gold come February.

I would have a hard time choosing CU over Stanford. Football aside, Stanford is an awesome school. The chance to go there for free (yes, I said 'free') would be hard for me to pass up. Only if I thought I had a legitimate chance at playing in the NFL would I consider another school if Stanford offered. Even then, it's not like playing at Stanford would hurt your chances of getting drafted.

I would have a hard time choosing CU over Stanford. Football aside, Stanford is an awesome school. The chance to go there for free (yes, I said 'free') would be hard for me to pass up. Only if I thought I had a legitimate chance at playing in the NFL would I consider another school if Stanford offered. Even then, it's not like playing at Stanford would hurt your chances of getting drafted.

Stanford has its drawbacks, though. Awful gameday atmosphere. Uninterested community and student body. Perennial loser. Stepping stone program for head coaches (Harbaugh will be gone soon).

It's a great education, but it's not the most well-rounded or satisfying college experience for a football player either. If you love football, Stanford is probably not the best choice. And a CU degree is one of the most respected degrees in the Western US, so it's not like we're comparing Stanford to Oklahoma State.

btw, not arguing with you just posting the other side of the argument. You never know who may be reading. :smile:

How many In-state recruits do we want?

Stanford has its drawbacks, though. Awful gameday atmosphere. Uninterested community and student body. Perennial loser. Stepping stone program for head coaches (Harbaugh will be gone soon).

It's a great education, but it's not the most well-rounded or satisfying college experience for a football player either. If you love football, Stanford is probably not the best choice. And a CU degree is one of the most respected degrees in the Western US, so it's not like we're comparing Stanford to Oklahoma State.

btw, not arguing with you just posting the other side of the argument. You never know who may be reading. :smile:

Not to mention it's a basketball school. No disrespect, but women's basketball has a more loyal following than football.

If they're good enough, I'll take 25 Colorado kids. This is not a matter of wanting someone simply because he's local. Bonnell's offer list is a who's who in college football.

Would really love to land him. And jmo... but I think Bonnell fully understands that Stanford isn't a football powerhouse or any of that. If he switches... it will be because he wants to stay home a la Nick Kasa

I also think we should take Kenny Bell if he decides to stay in state.

So 2 more is what I would like to see. Bonnell has offers from:

Stanford
Syracuse
Tennessee
Utah
Washington
Wyoming
ASU
Cal
Colorado
Duke
Georgia Tech
Kansas
Kentucky
Nebraska
Northwestern
Oregon State
USF

So no problem taking a commitment from him whatsoever.

Bell has offers from Minnesota, Texas Tech, CU, CSU, Idaho. But, at Texas Tech's camp, Kenny Bell measured at 6'2 165 (Has to put on some weight obviously), ran a 4.49 and measured a 40 inch vertical. Future safety, corner, WR, returner? You can put him several places.

I spent a week with Rodney Jew in Palo Alto back in 2006, and at the conclusion of that week I decided that if there was a place that was twice as expensive as Boulder, Colorado - it was Palo Alto, California.

That is not to say that the scenery wasn't magnificent and the college wasn't absolutely amazing - it was. But holy cow that place was expensive.

Back on the subject of Stanford's tenuous hold on its verbal commitments:

Devon Carrington, a top Safety out of Arizona and the highest rated defensive recruit in Stanford's class, announced today that he has decided to take official visits to Notre Dame, Arizona and Arizona State.

I think Harbaugh has blown a lot of smoke up these kids butts to get them to commit. He has convinced a bunch of them that Stanford is on the verge of becoming a national powerhouse and that top 10 finishes will be the norm.

If he goes out and backs it up this year with a good season and a significant bowl he should be able to keep most of the commits that he really wants. If the more likely scenerio plays out and he gets smashed by SC and loses a bunch of others ending up at around .500 or less then he will have a hard time keeping a lot of these guys from jumping ship.

Of course a lot of the same can be said for Hawk and the Buffs. I think Hawk has been more realistic with players about the rebuilding process but a bad year this year will really set the program back on the recruiting trail. On the other hand win 8-9 games and go to a bowl that has some status and the guys Hawk has been working will see and believe.

Some of it is blowing smoke, but it is mostly telling kids to commit or risk losing their spot. It gets you a lot of commitments early, but not very strong commitments unless you're a team like Texas.

****. Stop it. :puke: :cry: :eiertritt:

Heard he was at the game last night on an unofficial visit. I'm sure he enjoyed rushing the field. :thumbsup:

Also, Stanford lost last night, which helps. And their recruiting class suffered another de-commitment. Blake Barker, the great TE prospect they had pulled out of Massachusetts, has decided to go to Harvard instead.

Dillon has been upgraded by Rivals to a 4* prospect. Good for him! :cool:

Is this just wishful thinking for NSD, or is there some new info out there 'Nik? I thought this ship had sailed....:huh:

Rumor that he may be considering CU. Don't know how much stock to put in it, so call it wishful thinking.

Back