What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO PK Justin Castor (Signed to Colorado)

We should still be positive, he likes CU, attended our kicking camp, works with "kicking guru" Paul Assad and I think he's friends with some guys on the CU team.
It's all good. He's just taking the trip to AZ to be sure.

Scout jumped the gun. They'll have an article tonight. Still looks very good for CU.

ASU's current/former? kicker Thomas Weber? won the Lou Groza. That's a good offer for Castor

one good kicker doesn't make that a good offer imo. ASU is half the school CU is academically and their state is close to complete and total bankruptcy. Erickson is on the hot seat as much as Hawkins as well. I'd avoid them like the plague. Arizona native I am.....

Like any smart Colorado boy, I hope he is just taking a free trip to the land of sunshine before he comes back and announces he wants to be a buff.

one good kicker doesn't make that a good offer imo. ASU is half the school CU is academically and their state is close to complete and total bankruptcy. Erickson is on the hot seat as much as Hawkins as well. I'd avoid them like the plague. Arizona native I am.....

...yes, but some kids just want to party in college. As fun of a party school CU can be, ASU is insane. As special CU girls are, ASU is out of this world (more of them too). I don't know Castor, but if I were a HS Sr...I'd listen a little if ASU offered.

...yes, but some kids just want to party in college. As fun of a party school CU can be, ASU is insane. As special CU girls are, ASU is out of this world (more of them too). I don't know Castor, but if I were a HS Sr...I'd listen a little if ASU offered.

But kicking at Boulder>kicking in Phoenix

Now it's official.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1041077

Castor took an official visit to Boulder this weekend and before returning home, he told CU head coach Dan Hawkins that he will sign with the Buffs on Feb. 3.

"The recruiting process has definitely been a rollercoaster ride in terms of emotions but everything worked out for the best," said Castor. "I feel really blessed and glad that everything worked out.

"I have been in Colorado for 18 years and I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I love the state. I always envisioned myself playing at CU so it is just one of those things where it is a dream that is going to become reality. So it is pretty cool."

Castor was originally scheduled to visit Arizona State next weekend but he is no longer planning to take that trip. He also held a scholarship offer from Wyoming.

Last edited:
good offer list for a kicker. Big kid. Not sure why his FG% was so poor. Maybe a lot of 40+ yard attempts?

We now lead the nation in kickers on scholarship with 4 although Davis is no longer active and thus not counting against the limit........

Not sure why his FG% was so poor. Maybe a lot of 40+ yard attempts?

There was an article somewhere that said something about this. In HS football in Colorado, a missed field goal results in a touchback. Since he has the leg for it, his coach would basically go for the field goal on 4th down all the time. It's nothing to be worried about.

The ralphie report has a good story up about Castor and his commitment but here are some of my favorite parts:

Our friend, denverjayhawk, over on Rock Chalk Talk had an extensive interview with Castor when he originally committed to Kansas. It is definitely worth your read. Here is a piece of the interview where Castor talks about his kickoffs and field goal ability:
My kickoffs have really increased this year in both hang times and distance. This summer I had numerous kickoffs that were 70+ yards with hang times around 4.5-4.75 seconds.
My field goal distance also increased during the off-season into the summer. In May of this year I was able to kick a 65 yard field goal in practice and I also managed to hit the crossbar at 70 yards, but couldnt quite make it.
According to the interview, Castor said his in-game long field goal was 53 yards. According to the Denver Post, before the state semi-finals, Castor was 14 of 24 on field goal attempts for the year but a few of those misses were due to the coaching staff giving him chances to kick from 69 yards because misses at the high school level means the opposition starts from the 20 yard line, not from the spot of the miss. He also averaged 42 yards a punt his senior season.
http://www.ralphiereport.com/2010/1/17/1255970/buffs-add-depth-to-the-kicking

Last edited:
At least he said he missed a lot from 69 yards, if he said he missed a few that hit the uprights.. I'd be worried.

Castor will be valuable. Hopefully, whomever kicks this year, does a solid job, because we aren't the type of team that can leave points on the field. I think that Goodman has cost us more than our fair share of games with terrible performances. Hopefully, we can get a good returner now, and put together a special teams unit that has pride in what they are doing. I know that Hawk isn't big on field strategy, he's more of a funk in the trunk guy, but winning in this department will pay dividends.

syko.... youd be bitter if a DT sat on your face :lol: ... anyways you have got to be the most bitter mother ****er on the planet

Back