What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones

The illustrius Canadian guy is back! Its obviously very premature; but it seems like this guy has the measurables to play in the secondary. Does anybody know if he's fluid with the hips, or played as WR, CB, S at Mullen? I mean, he must realize he won't be getting any early playing time. On the other hand, its reassuring to know we can get kids like this without dangling early playing time as bait.

The illustrius Canadian guy is back! Its obviously very premature; but it seems like this guy has the measurables to play in the secondary. Does anybody know if he's fluid with the hips, or played as WR, CB, S at Mullen? I mean, he must realize he won't be getting any early playing time. On the other hand, its reassuring to know we can get kids like this without dangling early playing time as bait.

He doesn't go to Mullen, he goes to Chatfield (I think).

Ameen-Moore goes to Mullen.

And I have no idea whether he plays defense, although it's very common for kids to play both ways in high school. The best athletes are needed on the field.

Mister Jones went to Littleton last year. Dunno if he's going to be there this year.

I've heard that Mister Jones was rated extremely high by our coaching staff as a RB. I'd be shocked if he got moved to a different position.

He'll redshirt and have a shot at some playing time as a redshirt freshman. So he will have a shot at early playing time.

Hopefully he stays healthy this year so we can see how he really performs. He has a running style similar to Chris Brown (runs to tall). If anything he moves to WR... but he'll stay at RB imo

If he went to the other side of the ball it'd be as a LB imo.

I think he'll stay at RB unless we get a big time commit from a blue chipper. He needs to get a little bigger, so I think he'll RS for sure.

I'd be really surprised if Jones didn't redshirt. He can probably use the extra year in the classroom getting adjusted to college, too.

did he decommit cause it doesnt say hes commited on the thread?

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones (Committed to Colorado)

It says he committed....

Jones in 10, Ameen-Moore in 11, and we'll be set for a VERY long time at RB.

Jones in 10, Ameen-Moore in 11, and we'll be set for a VERY long time at RB.

Agree. And I think we're going to take a 2nd back this cycle (probably a speed back like McConico if we can get him).

unless a certain walkon from Denver gets that scholie.....

20090828__20090829_C08_SP29PRPGW%7Ep1.JPG

Jones, Lions make an early statement

Skill players too much for Pats

By Neil H. Devlin
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/29/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Mister Jones does know what's happening and knows what his Littleton Lions can do.

The play on the vintage Bob Dylan lyrics from the 1960s is relevant in 2009 — the senior running back joined a couple of other Lions at skill positions to show what they can be Friday night in a nonleague 41-6 whipping of George Washington at All-City Stadium in Colorado's obscure Zero Week.

Jones, quarterback Noah Gaumer and wide receiver Denzel Washington staked Class 4A Littleton to four touchdowns by early in the third quarter as their promise seems real.

"That's exactly right," said a chiseled Jones, who verbally committed to the University of Colorado in June. "With all of our skill players, we could hurt some people."

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_13228533

He was also at the game... and I must say he is very physically impressive. He was working on Chris Martin for most of the game. You could just tell the score was eating at him, it looked like he wanted to get out there and play

He was also at the game... and I must say he is very physically impressive. He was working on Chris Martin for most of the game. You could just tell the score was eating at him, it looked like he wanted to get out there and play

This is the interesting reaction we sometimes get from recruits when we lose. They see themselves as contributors to the program. They see opportunity.

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones (Soft Commit to Colorado)

Mister Jones is no longer listed as a commit on scout why? Was he ever a commit on Scout?

Sorry about that, his name was not in the prospect box with the number of stars they give him.

sorry for over-reaction. I had just looked earlier today and I was shocked to think he would actually decommit before taking the other visits (if he does take them in the end, we'll see.)

Does he even have a scholarship offer to any of the other schools he mentioned? I thought I remember reading that schools were staying away due to grades.

Does he even have a scholarship offer to any of the other schools he mentioned? I thought I remember reading that schools were staying away due to grades.

He has offers from Colorado and Wyoming, according to Scout.

Rivals shows those and also an offer from Kansas.
School Interest Offer
Visit Recruited by
ColoradoCOMMITTED (06/16/2009)OfferedNoneDarian HaganCaliforniaNone
None
Colorado StateNone
None
KansasNoneOfferedNone
Kansas StateNone
None
MichiganNone
None
NebraskaNone
None
WyomingNoneOfferedNone

Mister Jones is a good player and a good kid.
He's entitled to look around and be sure this big decision is the right one for him. Of course, I'm hpping that the Black and Gold remains his choice.

Mister Jones will supposedly be upgraded to 4* when Rivals posts his new rating. :thumbsup:

The guys at Scout also mentioned that they'd have him a lot higher if there weren't academic questions. Hopefully those get handled to their satisfaction and we see 4* there, too.

Mister Jones will supposedly be upgraded to 4* when Rivals posts his new rating. :thumbsup:

The guys at Scout also mentioned that they'd have him a lot higher if there weren't academic questions. Hopefully those get handled to their satisfaction and we see 4* there, too.
What does academics have to do with his on field performance? That's what they're awarding stars for right? What's next, "He got docked a star for his C- in his history class"? :wtf: That guy on Scout is a real douche bag.

Back