What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TNFR TX RB Traylon Shead (Committed to Navarra JC)

Can you imagine if he came. possibly three 4 stars at our main skill positions on offense next year. I know 4 stars don't always pan out for us, but the talent sounds nice.

Can you imagine if he came. possibly three 4 stars at our main skill positions on offense next year. I know 4 stars don't always pan out for us, but the talent sounds nice.

Not sure I want him to but it would be great if he became a Buff! LOL, I know what you mean about building the skill positions, would be Allsome!

Every recruit's a risk. I trust the coaches on their evaluation on a prospect's football character. So, I can eliminate that variable and just go by talent. I'll take the risk on a 4* talent working out over a 2* talent working out.

Every recruit's a risk. I trust the coaches on their evaluation on a prospect's football character. So, I can eliminate that variable and just go by talent. I'll take the risk on a 4* talent working out over a 2* talent working out.

Has a lot to do with what the coaches do with the talent once it is here. Our past bad luck on 4* guys may have had something to do with the coaching they got once they were here. Let's see what this staff does with some 4* talent before we jump to judgements.

Has a lot to do with what the coaches do with the talent once it is here. Our past bad luck on 4* guys may have had something to do with the coaching they got once they were here. Let's see what this staff does with some 4* talent before we jump to judgements.

One thing that's very different with our prospects of developing guys is that there's a clear vision for the systems this team will run and the identity it will have. When you are recruiting to fit that, it makes a huge difference.

In the past, I felt like we were just signing the best football player we could land and then trying to fit the talent available. We saw this with changes in base systems from year to year and with different packages for different players. All that has changed for the better.

One thing that's very different with our prospects of developing guys is that there's a clear vision for the systems this team will run and the identity it will have. When you are recruiting to fit that, it makes a huge difference.

In the past, I felt like we were just signing the best football player we could land and then trying to fit the talent available. We saw this with changes in base systems from year to year and with different packages for different players. All that has changed for the better.

Good observations,

I think that overall we are going to see more consistent development of all of our kids and a better approach as a program to using and developing talent

Wow, 1A football is sorry. I know he was a 4* and he's really strong, but is anyone else not blown away by his video? He runs straight up and his cuts are nothing special. I'm guessing he would be more of a fight for extra yards kind of guy, rather than break off some long ones. I guess we need a bruiser and he can fill that void, but i'm not getting giddy just because he was a 4*.

Wow, 1A football is sorry. I know he was a 4* and he's really strong, but is anyone else not blown away by his video? He runs straight up and his cuts are nothing special. I'm guessing he would be more of a fight for extra yards kind of guy, rather than break off some long ones. I guess we need a bruiser and he can fill that void, but i'm not getting giddy just because he was a 4*.

How about the fact that he is 6'2 and runs a 4.5?

How about the fact that he is 6'2 and runs a 4.5?

I'm not denying that his God given attributes are off the charts. The kid is clearly jacked and arguably fast (we all know 40 times are bs... scotty mcknight ran a 4.4 at the combine for God sakes). I think he can be productive, but lets not get over excited. He was buried at the bottom of a UT depth chart, albeit their RB core is stupid good. He played high school ball against Little Sisters of the Poor. And, he will have to sit out another whole year before he can contribute. Also, its great that we are using the Kennedy factor when it comes to the kids that couldn't cut it at UT, but I'm down here in dallas and my UT buds are already whispering that we are SSU (sloppy seconds university)...

Hardly going to gauge a kid based off of how UT fans/alum judge him, but you raise some legit concerns about his production up to this point. Still, I think we are at a point in the program where we can benefit from having a kid with those measurables and a bit of a chip on his shoulder on our roster. Don't forget, even if he is just on the scout team while sitting out the year, he is contributing and helping improve the defense by forcing them to play against a higher caliber of athlete. As you state though, time will tell.

I remember another upright runner we used to have, Chris Brown, he ran tall. Why should he be a bruiser when he could just outrun everybody, thats what I saw from his clips? Only way we will know if he can be the bruiser type is to bring him in. I dont think we are in the position to turn down talent. I think it's worth a shot. UT hasnt played a big back consistently since Ricky Williams. They like speed guys lately unless you really wanna mention guys like Romance Taylor. All the talent Texas has, they are what 6-4? I wouldnt put too much stock into what buddies say about Texas. We wouldnt be 2-9 or 6-4 with that talent.

I remember another upright runner we used to have, Chris Brown, he ran tall. Why should he be a bruiser when he could just outrun everybody, thats what I saw from his clips? Only way we will know if he can be the bruiser type is to bring him in. I dont think we are in the position to turn down talent. I think it's worth a shot. UT hasnt played a big back consistently since Ricky Williams. They like speed guys lately unless you really wanna mention guys like Romance Taylor. All the talent Texas has, they are what 6-4? I wouldnt put too much stock into what buddies say about Texas. We wouldnt be 2-9 or 6-4 with that talent.

Also if you remember Chris Brown was a transfer as well (from Northwestern) for different reasons but a transfer none the less.

Also it isn't like the kid is begging us to give him a chance. He has options who would be happy to get him.

Yes I remember he was a transfer, Gabe Nyenhuis, sp?, was too from there. Point is, we need talent everywhere. Im not saying the guy has to be a rb. His size and speed can be used somewhere if not, regardless of what Texas fans think. They dont do much thinking. They have won what 1 National Title in the past 30 something years with top 10 recruiting classes every year, Id be embarrassed.

Last edited:
How many kids from UT transfer out per year? They sign a lot of talent, for sure, but I'm wondering if there's anyone else we could poach :)

Maybe that receiver too, one can hope. They get 4 star kids for depth, we dont have depth period. They under achieve huge or their talent is overrated. We will put them on the field, if they can play. I have more faith in our staff than theirs. Mack is becoming, or already is, a figurehead instead of a coach.

No way should we turn this guy away (assuming the coaches are comfortable with him in terms of team chemistry) if he wants to be a buff. Bring him in and get Wes Brown!

I wouldn't knock a guy for not getting on the field at UT. That program is highly disfunctional and political as hell.

I wouldn't knock a guy for not getting on the field at UT. That program is highly disfunctional and political as hell.

I agree! Hell its so political they had to have co-offensive coordinators so Major wouldn't get butt hurt. As you guys know UT gets around 10-12 4* guys a year so I don't think it was because of talent. Fozzy has been there forever and I'm sure they had to promise Malcolm Brown a lot of playing time to pry him away from Saban. Anyway the dude is huge and could be our next Chris Brown. We need a big bruiser back so if he's down I say lets take him.

Back