What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TNFR TX RB Traylon Shead (Committed to Navarra JC)

Can't believe I forgot about Shead. I have been focused on all the others including Donta and possibly Brown. We are supposedly seriously in the running for him too. Wow-we could have a really stacked RB class with new recruits and this transfer. Then we may have to consider switching one or 2 to other positions just to get them on the field. Plus of course special teams.

Whats' going on on his side though? Any idea on when is he set to announce the choice?
Nobody has reported on a timeline right now, but it seems safe to assume we will know prior to the start of the spring semester.

Can't believe all of you slackers didn't pick this one up yet. Shead has decided where he is transferring to and it is not, for now, anyway, Colorado! :cry: http://www.athensreview.com/sports/...-FOOTBALL-Cayuga-s-Shead-transfers-to-Navarro

Long story short for those too lazy to read it is that he is transferring to a Juco where he can play right away and then plans to transfer to a D1 school w/ 2 years of eligibility left. Hope it works out for him and that maybe we'll consider him next year.

Thanks, boydbuff. I hadn't seen this.

After sitting out 2 years, I can totally understand why Shead wouldn't want to sit out a 3rd. If it makes sense, I hope we make a play for him next year.

Thanks, boydbuff. I hadn't seen this.

After sitting out 2 years, I can totally understand why Shead wouldn't want to sit out a 3rd. If it makes sense, I hope we make a play for him next year.

Wow-you are fast. Poor guy already got "demoted" to the archives. Maybe he'll be back as a 2013 transfer prospect. Kind of hope we don't need him by then given the 3 RBs we have signed already w/ Brown still possible and who knows about next year's recruits as well as some of our current RBs w/ potential.

I think he will have a big year for a JUCO next season and then end up going to a Top 15 program who needs a big RB. Still hoping that is us. Sounds like he would have instantly been the most talented RB on our team from his career in Texas High School Football.

Makes sense for him, he's a football player who has already spent enough time watching. By going the JC route he can play a bunch next season then step in to the program of his choice. I just hope that he considers us for that program when the time comes.

It won't be public knowledge but a good indicator of what his intentions are will what classes he decides to take at the JC. If he takes a bunch of PE or other classes that won't transfer then we know we are probably not in his plans, if he takes a schedule of solid academics that will then we will know that he isn't headed for a KSU or one of the admit anyone schools.

Back