What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

11/30 Colorado at Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoelsken

Our game, the Civil War, and Notre Dame-Stanford are 6 day holds.

Possible times:
2pm Mountain on FOX
5:30pm Mountain on ABC
Some point during the day on Nov. 30 on Pac 12 Networks

Matt Sarzyniak follows this pretty well, and he's saying Oregon has played on ESPN/FOX networks 9 times already. That's the maximum amount of times that can happen-Thus, the Civil War looks to be ticketed for P12N.

Notre Dame is Notre Dame, but our game has playoff implications (for Utah sadly) and theirs doesn't.

This is not going to be pretty. Will probably be our worst loss of the year. Good chance our long streak of not allowing 50+ points in a game comes to an end in this one.

This is not going to be pretty. Will probably be our worst loss of the year. Good chance our long streak of not allowing 50+ points in a game comes to an end in this one.

I actually think there's a case to be made that we hang around-Assuming they don't stub their toes in Tucson, they're 2 wins away from a playoff bid. Every game they play is up there for one of the biggest in their history, and especially with a date with the Ducks a-comin on December 6th that could get them into the playoff.....how do they handle that kind of prosperity?

We just need to play well-especially given either of the times we're ticketed for=lots of recruits watching.

I actually think there's a case to be made that we hang around-Assuming they don't stub their toes in Tucson, they're 2 wins away from a playoff bid. Every game they play is up there for one of the biggest in their history, and especially with a date with the Ducks a-comin on December 6th that could get them into the playoff.....how do they handle that kind of prosperity?

We just need to play well-especially given either of the times we're ticketed for=lots of recruits watching.

I’ve watched Utah all year and they look damn good. At times I’ve thought they look better than Oregon. I am struggling to find any hope in this game.

Utah in SLC is pretty much unbeatable this year. We could play well and still lose big.

Utah in SLC is pretty much unbeatable this year. We could play well and still lose big.

I'm grasping at straws, but I think this is a spot where (with a CFP quarterfinal essentially the following Friday) Utah may be a bit flat to start.

I thought that was me. My last road win was ‘96 CSU. I’ve been to 8 Road games and 2 bowl games since with no victories.
I'm 2-0 since 2012 if you don't count bowl games or championship games. heh. 2-2 at worst I guess.

Can anyone who bought tickets through the CU ticket office confirm if they are still in the same location circled below (W7-W9ish)?
DCE21855-BF28-4AE9-8634-7F0FE56DB74B.jpeg

I don't know on this game. For some reason, maybe it was the ASU win or just the present momentum, I feel like CU matches up better against Utah than UW. That comes from watching both teams on PAC-12 in 60. Definitely, Utah has better talent, more experience, and is a better team, but on one day, perhaps CU can get a win. The line will be large. Now if CU beats UW (big if?), CU will definitely have some momentum going to SLC, plus a bowl game will be on the line. I just like that match-up for CU and have all season.

Despite others opinions, I do think CU's defense is making strides/progress each game. It is not a finished product, but they are getting closer to more interceptions and Summers has had some recent luck in dialing up blitz packages. Also, except for AFA, CU has been decent against the run; better than in past seasons. If CU slows Utah's running game, I think CU will be in the game. It will come down to execution on offense.

I don't know on this game. For some reason, maybe it was the ASU win or just the present momentum, I feel like CU matches up better against Utah than UW. That comes from watching both teams on PAC-12 in 60. Definitely, Utah has better talent, more experience, and is a better team, but on one day, perhaps CU can get a win. The line will be large. Now if CU beats UW (big if?), CU will definitely have some momentum going to SLC, plus a bowl game will be on the line. I just like that match-up for CU and have all season.

Despite others opinions, I do think CU's defense is making strides/progress each game. It is not a finished product, but they are getting closer to more interceptions and Summers has had some recent luck in dialing up blitz packages. Also, except for AFA, CU has been decent against the run; better than in past seasons. If CU slows Utah's running game, I think CU will be in the game. It will come down to execution on offense.
What the hell?

What the hell?

I just like the Utah match up for some reason. For some reason, I like it better than UW at home; but I think CU has a chance on senior day. This is just like I hated the CU at Wazzu match up and like the at OU match-up better. I saw the Palouse debacle coming a mile away. CU played OU good for almost a half, until that tipped interception in the end zone. To each their own.

I just like the Utah match up for some reason. For some reason, I like it better than UW at home; but I think CU has a chance on senior day. This is just like I hated the CU at Wazzu match up and like the at OU match-up better. I saw the Palouse debacle coming a mile away. CU played OU good for almost a half, until that tipped interception in the end zone. To each their own.
Yea man, what the hell. Next you are going to tell me you prefer chafing for some reason.

Utah is good. They'll almost certainly kill us.

Having said that, they're living a lie. The Ducks will likely burn their dreams, but if they somehow get to the CFP, and play Ohio State, Clemson or LSU, the Pac-12 will not be regaining respect by returning to the big time.

Utah is good. They'll almost certainly kill us.

Having said that, they're living a lie. The Ducks will likely burn their dreams, but if they somehow get to the CFP, and play Ohio State, Clemson or LSU, the Pac-12 will not be regaining respect by returning to the big time.
What’s the lie? They have an elite OL and elite DL. They have one of the best RBs in the nation. They play incredibly stifling defense. If they played any of the teams you list, they will be the toughest defense any of them have seen all year.

The USC loss is killing Utah in national perception (deservedly so).

The Pac 12 winner is in unless Georgia wins the SEC championship.

What’s the lie? They have an elite OL and elite DL. They have one of the best RBs in the nation. They play incredibly stifling defense. If they played any of the teams you list, they will be the toughest defense any of them have seen all year.

Ohio State might be the only offense in the country that can match LSU-**** I'd love to watch those two play on Jan. 13.

I’ve watched Utah all year and they look damn good. At times I’ve thought they look better than Oregon. I am struggling to find any hope in this game.
There is a reason they play the game. After all, they put their pants on one leg at a time, just like us. And remember, it ain’t over ‘til it’s over and the fat lady sings. And hopefully we win because close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

The Pac 12 winner is in unless Georgia wins the SEC championship.

Ohio State might be the only offense in the country that can match LSU-**** I'd love to watch those two play on Jan. 13.

Probably right about SEC.

Neither LSU nor tOSU have not seen a defense as good as Utah’s. They are very good, but mostly untested so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back