What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA DT Viliami Moala (Signed to Cal)

Ran across this great article on Moala...

Viliami Moala: Audible at the line

Also explains the background between him and his best friend: Faigame “Puka” Lopa, so it might be a "package deal".

We could certainly use both of these kids and I would think his ties to his Polynesian roots might be something that CU coaches and other players could help him to feel comfortable at CU with.

I would love a Moala-Lopa-Koa Ka'ai combination in 2011 for the DL!

Set to announce at the Army All-American Bowl next Saturday. Would be shocking if it was any other school but Cal.

I wouldn't really be surprised about that or if Oregon State snuck this one in. I also heard that him and a couple of his buddy's from Grant all want to play together and they might be a combo package.

Cal is well positioned in the PAC now. U$C has problems because of the probation and everything around it, I also don't think they have the right guy as HC so more turmoil is in their future. UCLA is falling apart under Slick, the Arizona schools are up and down but neither is a world beater program. Washington is still recovering from being the dregs, WSU and OSU aren't anything to get excited about. With Harbaugh leaving Stanford I fully expect that program to regress significantly in the next couple of years, that program was driven by the coaches personality and now that he is gone they will have a hard time staying on top.

This all puts Cal into a position where opportunity is knocking big time. They can make a good argument to recruits that they are poised to move into the #2 position in the conference after Oregon and be in line for some big time winning. Don't know that it will happen but the arguement is there and it looks like kids are listening.

Cal is well positioned in the PAC now. U$C has problems because of the probation and everything around it, I also don't think they have the right guy as HC so more turmoil is in their future. UCLA is falling apart under Slick, the Arizona schools are up and down but neither is a world beater program. Washington is still recovering from being the dregs, WSU and OSU aren't anything to get excited about. With Harbaugh leaving Stanford I fully expect that program to regress significantly in the next couple of years, that program was driven by the coaches personality and now that he is gone they will have a hard time staying on top.

This all puts Cal into a position where opportunity is knocking big time. They can make a good argument to recruits that they are poised to move into the #2 position in the conference after Oregon and be in line for some big time winning. Don't know that it will happen but the arguement is there and it looks like kids are listening.

I'm going to disagree about Cal. Tedford has done wonders for their program, but they cannot win the big game. In fact, going back 20 years, they are the only Pac-10 team without a conference title on their resume, despite Tedford resurrecting their program from nothing. They did tie with UCLA in 1975 for the title, but their last outright claim to a conference title was in 1958. Cal's D-Line recruiting this year has been obscenely good, their best ever in fact. But they're still Cal. Until Tedford can win a big game... and Cal does not have a QB right now. Their only RB (Vereen) who could keep a D honest just declared for the draft. Cal's D will be their key for the next year or two, as their offense will struggle to score.

USC has problems, but they will still bring in the best recruits over time. They always have, they always will.

UCLA under Rick is nothing to fear, but if he doesn't win next year he'll be gone. They're still in the hotbed talent of the Pac, and it's hard to beat UCLA consistently in recruiting. It just depends on their coach. Westwood is a nice place for an 18 year old kid...

The Arizona schools are often mediocre, but have short spells of great teams. Expect them to be in the hunt 1-2 x per decade.

Washington has found it's next long-term coach. The only worry is if USC boosters pluck him away in a few years or whether the NFL does. If Sarkisian stays at Washington, they will be consistently tough. Next year's team is projected to be much better with significantly more depth than this year's Holiday Bowl victors, despite the loss of Locker and Foster. I'll give more info and breakdowns before next year's CU game in Seattle...

WSU is nothing to get excited about, unless you were a student their with Mike Price as their coach. Before that and since then they've been simply awful.

OSU (Pac) is probably very similar to OSU (old BigXII). They're the little brother of the state flagship university, but with the right coach have had some very competitive years. Mike Riley does more with less than probably any coach in the country outside of perhaps Boise St.

Stanford will regress, but it may take a year or two...

Oregon football was non-existent 15 years ago. They are lucky to have the best booster in college football, and they are tough now. Washington's demise also greatly helped with that. With Washington returning to prominence, Oregon will only be on top in the north for a little longer.... In five years it will essentially be a two horse race in the north (UW and Oregon), vs. USC, CU, UCLA (with the right coach) and Utah in the south...

I'm going to disagree about Cal. Tedford has done wonders for their program, but they cannot win the big game. In fact, going back 20 years, they are the only Pac-10 team without a conference title on their resume, despite Tedford resurrecting their program from nothing. They did tie with UCLA in 1975 for the title, but their last outright claim to a conference title was in 1958. Cal's D-Line recruiting this year has been obscenely good, their best ever in fact. But they're still Cal. Until Tedford can win a big game... and Cal does not have a QB right now. Their only RB (Vereen) who could keep a D honest just declared for the draft. Cal's D will be their key for the next year or two, as their offense will struggle to score.

I'm not saying that Cal will become a power, they have had high hopes before and fallen flat on their faces and some of the other schools that are down are highly likely to step up again. My point is that in talking to recruits, Cal is in a position to make some really strong arguments that they haven't been able to make in a long time. It seems like this year recruits are listening. . . and agreeing.

Washington has found it's next long-term coach. The only worry is if USC boosters pluck him away in a few years or whether the NFL does. If Sarkisian stays at Washington, they will be consistently tough. Next year's team is projected to be much better with significantly more depth than this year's Holiday Bowl victors, despite the loss of Locker and Foster. I'll give more info and breakdowns before next year's CU game in Seattle...

WSU is nothing to get excited about, unless you were a student their with Mike Price as their coach. Before that and since then they've been simply awful.

Oregon football was non-existent 15 years ago. They are lucky to have the best booster in college football, and they are tough now. Washington's demise also greatly helped with that. With Washington returning to prominence, Oregon will only be on top in the north for a little longer.... In five years it will essentially be a two horse race in the north (UW and Oregon), vs. USC, CU, UCLA (with the right coach) and Utah in the south...

Let me be the first to proclaim complete shock at your assessment of Washington football. :smile2: In fact, the jury is still out - their last three regular season wins came against teams with a combined 11 wins. There is the bowl game, but the nubs were deflated and had struggled offensively their last few games (except against us, unfortunately). Rebuilding, yes, but return to prominence is a hasty judgement.

Back