What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA PG "The Mayor" Spencer Dinwiddie (Signed to Colorado)

So I'm confused about basketball recruits. So this guy can play next year, right?

So I'm confused about basketball recruits. So this guy can play next year, right?

Yeah. This is the early signing period. There's another signing period in the spring too but players signed in both would come the following season.

EDIT: I think all of the other sports except football have this early signing period as well.

....... Having a great season this year + a few more recruits in the spring = a great performance our first year in the Pac. I wonder if that played a role in Spencer's decision.
From the referenced article:

"I loved both schools but your talking about moving to the Pac 12, that really excites me," Dinwiddie said. "We are looking to do huge things right away, and playing on a national scale against great competition is something that excites me. That and I love the location, the campus, the school, I'm ready to go," Dinwidde said.

Rivals confirms: Colorado adds another guard

Dinwiddie is a 6-foot-4 point guard at Woodland Hills (Calif.) Taft and thought his bond with head Boyle and the Colorado staff was important.

"I had a great connection with Coach Boyle and he was on me early in the recruiting process and that meant a lot," Dinwiddie told Cali High Sports. "He's a great guy and they have a great staff that was hugely important to me."

Rivals has a new Q&A with Dinwiddie today: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1149457

He said he was going to work on recruiting Damiene Cain, Kevin Bailey and DeAndre Daniels to CU.

I'm pretty sure we'll get Cain. If we could add Bailey, that would be a very nice wing that we need.

But if DeAndre Daniels committed I'd go absolutely out of my mind. Could there really be a chance of that happening? I guess I'll put a profile of him together just in case. Got to try not to get my hopes up, though. That would just be too amazing.

Welcome to the Buff Family Mr. Dinwiddie! :thumbsup:

[quote='Nik]But if DeAndre Daniels committed I'd go absolutely out of my mind[/quote]

That would be unbelievable.

Dinwiddie has faxed in his signed LOI to play for the Buffs. It's official (and I'm 2 days late reporting it).

:gobuffs:

Dinwiddie has faxed in his signed LOI to play for the Buffs. It's official (and I'm 2 days late reporting it).

:gobuffs:

Off with yer head, walk the plank, swabbie!:smile2:

Just kidding, of course. Thanks again for everything you've done in this recruiting forum, 'Nik. It's been a goldmine!

Did we recruit both of these guys to play the point? I would guess maybe one will go to the 2 or play both 1 and 2?

Dinwiddie will play the point. Booker will play shooting guard.

When they're on defense, since we play man-to-man, it's likely that Booker will guard the shorter point guards while Dinwiddie takes the other team's shooting guard. At least when they're in at the same time.

Dinwiddie will play the point. Booker will play shooting guard.

When they're on defense, since we play man-to-man, it's likely that Booker will guard the shorter point guards while Dinwiddie takes the other team's shooting guard. At least when they're in at the same time.

I figured it would be along those lines, thanks for taking time to answer.

No problem. I should also add that Booker might play some point for us at times when Dinwiddie isn't on the floor. Since we're gonna run, I like having multiple guys who can handle and dish. Gonna be fun to watch.

Get Booker in the weight room, he could put on some quality weight too, he has the body type. That was kind of what I meant with my first question, figured one of them might combo.

looks a lot more like a sg than a pg, which we will need next year.

He will play PG. His body type is like a SG but he plays like a PG. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as it will create matchup problems. While he can certainley score, he is considered a high-major prospect because he is an excellent floor general and passer.

He will play PG. His body type is like a SG but he plays like a PG. This is not neccesarily a bad thing as it will create matchup problems. While he can certainley score, he is considered a high-major prospect because he is an excellent floor general and passer.
gotcha, we are going to need a pure shooter next year if burks does leave.

gotcha, we are going to need a pure shooter next year if burks does leave.

Spencer may be a good shooter, im not sure. It did look like he had a nice stroke in that video. Im just saying that his strengths are as a ball handler/passer/floor general. But a PG can be both a distributer and a primary scoring threat (Chauncey Billups). If Dinwiddie shows some offensive dexterity then perhaps he can be one of those types of players. His length certainley gives him some unique advantages for the position.

Last edited:
Spencers team goes up against buff football signee Malcom Creer's team in the third round of the state playoffs

I admit I was a little down on Spencer after the writeup on ralphie report, but his entire body of work is impressive.

I forgot to mention that the ESPN Rise article that Spencer's dad was a competitive skier and is now a distance cyclist. I'm sure pops loves how much time he'll be getting to spend in Colorado in the coming years.

Back