What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA PG "The Mayor" Spencer Dinwiddie (Signed to Colorado)

Committed to UConn. Let's hope that dyemeduke is right about him and we're better off picking up someone else or banking the scholarship.

I am glad that he didn't come to CU, but at the same time, please don't get my comments on him wrong - I do think he is very talented. I just think it's going to take him three years to realize his NBA potential...if ever. I do think we could potentially do better by banking the scholarship at this point.

While I think next year's team will struggle - I'm optimistic about how they will play. Adams seems like a legit player, and SHT is very intriguing.

Here's a more recent photo of The Mayor:

305__625x625_taftfinal-4.jpg

And some highlights from his senior year showing off his jumper:

[video=youtube;KMECwCLy-wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMECwCLy-wg[/video]

The more guys we have on the floor with PG skills the harder it will be to defend this team. Like the move.

Whole heartedly agree especially now that he's approaching 6'6 (i think i read somewhere). Although now that I mention it the thought of a 6'5-6'6 true point guard sounds pretty enticing as well.

Regardless whatever gets him on the floor is ok with me.

article in the DP makes it sound like the Mayor is looking good in practice and should push for some early playing time.

Dave Telep is currently going off on top-100 guys who don't want to put in the work to be great on Twitter. The first name he mentions as a kid who was hungry and out performed the hyped kids?

The Mayor.

Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado. Immature body, but Buffs NEEDED him to play. Wasn't spoiled by camps/AAU. Outperformed so many T-100 guys

Man, couldn't agree more about Mayor's performance this year. While I expected him to be a pretty good decision maker given what we read about him coming in, I've been bowled over by his accuracy from behind the arc.

While I have trouble ever seeing him built like Carlon, I think 10 to 15 pounds would really help him finish in the lane.

I can't believe how much like a little kid The Mayor looks in his profile video. He looked like he was 12. :lol:

This thread is great. The first two pages are basically 'Nik talking to himself, before others jumped in around signing day. I'm so glad this one went from "I'm not even sure we're still recruiting him" to dancing bananas.

This thread is great. The first two pages are basically 'Nik talking to himself, before others jumped in around signing day. I'm so glad this one went from "I'm not even sure we're still recruiting him" to dancing bananas.

There was a lot of me talking to myself when it came to hoops recruiting back then. Not like the ghost town pre-Alec, but it's so different now. :lol:

So as Dinwiddie prepares to enter a suddenly potential powerhouse Buffalo program, he has a message for Colorado fans.

"I'm going to work as hard as humanly possible so I'm ready to go right away. The coaches said I'll really have a chance to get a lot of early playing time and I definitely want to step in right away. We are going to challenge these Pac 10 teams and beat them. I'm going to do everything I can to get the best players to Colorado and just do everything in my power to make us winners."

​This is awesome

So as Dinwiddie prepares to enter a suddenly potential powerhouse Buffalo program, he has a message for Colorado fans.

"I'm going to work as hard as humanly possible so I'm ready to go right away. The coaches said I'll really have a chance to get a lot of early playing time and I definitely want to step in right away. We are going to challenge these Pac 10 teams and beat them. I'm going to do everything I can to get the best players to Colorado and just do everything in my power to make us winners."

​This is awesome
Yah the awesome part is he actually has done what he committed to doing. Not common amongst most brash 17 year olds.

I also thought it was fun to go back and look at the thread. Like many others I was not following our hoops recruiting back then and when we signed him I was like Spencer who?

I honestly don't care what he decides to do at the end of the season. Of course for our hoops team if he were to come back, plus Hopkins playing better, JScott, XJ, Dom playing (assuming he is not redshirting), Booker for his senior year, we are going to be a major force on the national stage.

But if he can still get drafted while in rehab, go for it. I hope he does whatever is in his best interest long-term and I'd love to see him have the best NBA career of any CU alum.

Yah the awesome part is he actually has done what he committed to doing. Not common amongst most brash 17 year olds.

I also thought it was fun to go back and look at the thread. Like many others I was not following our hoops recruiting back then and when we signed him I was like Spencer who?

I honestly don't care what he decides to do at the end of the season. Of course for our hoops team if he were to come back, plus Hopkins playing better, JScott, XJ, Dom playing (assuming he is not redshirting), Booker for his senior year, we are going to be a major force on the national stage.

But if he can still get drafted while in rehab, go for it. I hope he does whatever is in his best interest long-term and I'd love to see him have the best NBA career of any CU alum.

We could be awesome next year. Can Dom shoot?

One More Year!

Back