What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO OLB Leilon Willingham (Signed to Central Florida)

Good luck Leilon. Bummed that you didn't head up to Boulder, but wish you well.

Wow. Half this thread should be axed. I understand people are upset, but come on. This is a High School kid here. People need to ease up a bit.

Recruiting Forum Guidelines

• Personal attacks against recruits, players or members will not be tolerated. Keep in mind that parents, coaches, and athlete's themselves view these boards. All users are required to represent AllBuffs in a positive manner.

• Please use common sense during any discussion about any recruits. Critiquing a recruit's performance is acceptable, just keep in mind that these are high school kids here

I just chopped this thread, as noted by Valdezj above you guys have got to be kidding me with some of the posts.

By the end I was sick of reading things so I wholesale deleted some pages, sorry if it hurt any of your feeling.

I just chopped this thread, as noted by Valdezj above you guys have got to be kidding me with some of the posts.

By the end I was sick of reading things so I wholesale deleted some pages, sorry if it hurt any of your feeling.
Why not just lock it?

South Florida, which is technically more northern Florida, Tampa.

Don't let people in northern Florida hear you say Tampa is in their part of the state.:lol:

Anyway, disappointed Willingham will not be part of the 2011 class and am surprised he chose UCF in the end, but wish him the best of luck.

Thank you for considering CU Leilon. I'm disappointed you are not a buff but go kick some butt as a knight. Represent Colorado well down there in Tampa. And if you see a douchey looking really tall guy wearing a husker cap and driving a camero, punch him once for me.

CU's football team needs more leaders. Less followers. That's all I have to say about this.

We're a better team today than we were yesterday. Glad Embree is already kicking butts and taking names.

Hey, I was just kidding when I said I went to a UCF game and they threw piss bombs at my grandmother! Geez. I don't even know where UCF is other than "close to Orlando." I DON'T EVEN HAVE A GRANDMOTHER!!

Anyway, it is time to allow this thread to disappear into cyber space. Time to look forward, not back.

The choices were -- lots of west coast type schools -- and a Florida school. And he picked the Florida school?

Would have loved to see him in a CU jersey but something about the whole situation just smells, IMO.

In his own words.

From the Espn Blog

This is what UCF signee Leilon Willingham, from Mullen High in Denver, told Newberg about why he chose UCF:
"I saw that the Knights have been prospering as of late and that coach O'Leary has a very high graduation rate," Willingham said. "I saw that the Knights are a very underrated team and they work for every bit of credibility they get. I loved the area surrounding the campus. Who wouldn't want to go to college under sun and palm trees? The direction of the program has me very excited. After getting down there for my spring break to actually see the team work, I really feel anxious to get on the field and make plays with the fellas. It's a great group of guys who are focused on putting UCF on the map as one of the top up-and-coming teams in the NCAA."​
Just seems like he wanted to leave the state. Palm trees vs Pine trees. good luck to Leilon.

In his own words.

From the Espn Blog

This is what UCF signee Leilon Willingham, from Mullen High in Denver, told Newberg about why he chose UCF:
"I saw that the Knights have been prospering as of late and that coach O'Leary has a very high graduation rate," Willingham said. "I saw that the Knights are a very underrated team and they work for every bit of credibility they get. I loved the area surrounding the campus. Who wouldn't want to go to college under sun and palm trees? The direction of the program has me very excited. After getting down there for my spring break to actually see the team work, I really feel anxious to get on the field and make plays with the fellas. It's a great group of guys who are focused on putting UCF on the map as one of the top up-and-coming teams in the NCAA."​
Just seems like he wanted to leave the state. Palm trees vs Pine trees. good luck to Leilon.

One. Palm Trees suck. At least, they have absolutely no effect on your life. Just like other trees. And you can't even climb them! Next, sun. HUH? Hope he likes a lot of rain and that wondrous sweltering florida heat.

Meh, whatever. The situation wreaks of wanting to be close to Brandon Marshall and his bestie. His parents played absolutely no role in his decision and he basically told them to take a hike.

Good luck Leilon.

Leilion Willingham made a mistake. UCF plays in the conference USA, not many bluechippers will want to play in Conference USA. if he wanted Palm Trees, he should have sent a tape to the Miami FL coach or the Florida State coach. I wish him the best, but this is obviously a bad choice.

Leilion Willingham made a mistake. UCF plays in the conference USA, not many bluechippers will want to play in Conference USA. if he wanted Palm Trees, he should have sent a tape to the Miami FL coach or the Florida State coach. I wish him the best, but this is obviously a bad choice.

No palm trees in Tallahassee. Just pines.

No palm trees in Tallahassee. Just pines.
We are going to hawaii this year, going to be playing in SOCAL once a year and arizona... tons of warm weather and palm trees in our new conference. He can have fun playing at the #5 school in Florida. Unless you are a freak like Marshall no one knows about UCF... You have to beat out players from University of Florida, Florida State, University of Miami, and USF.

I'm happy for him, sounds like he made the decision he wanted to make. Does not always happen that way in recruiting. Also, UCF is hardly an unknown school by the NFL.

Yeah, but one has to get the feeling he didn't consider a path to the NFL as a top criteria in his decision. Perhaps he needed seperation from his Parents? Maybe he hates the cold weather? But I get the feeling that it was more about joining Marshall's nephew, and roadtripping down to South Beach to hang out with Uncle B on weekends, and all that goes with that. For his sake, hope my instinct is wrong here. Cabral or University of Michigan is a much surer route to the NFL for a LB than whoever is coaching LB's in Orlando.

Back