What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NM WR Tyler McCulloch (Signed to Colorado)

It's actually kind of surprising that a big WR turned heads before the pads came on.

I'm pleasantly surprised here (and I'm learning to trust our coaches as talent evaluators).

Still a long way to go, though.

That seems to be one of Embree's big strengths. Remember that stat that got brought up when he was hired that he recruited about 1/2 of the CU players in the NFL as of the date of hire? Even though he hadn't been at CU for 8 years? He knows what to look for apparently.

This may be a result of Embrees time in the NFL. The talent is so evenly balanced that the difference between winning and losing is often being able to find an exploitable edge. McCulloch isn't the fastest guy and isn't the biggest guy but he has a fairly rare combination of the two that may give him the edge he needs to make plays.

This may be a result of Embrees time in the NFL. The talent is so evenly balanced that the difference between winning and losing is often being able to find an exploitable edge. McCulloch isn't the fastest guy and isn't the biggest guy but he has a fairly rare combination of the two that may give him the edge he needs to make plays.
shannon sharpe-esque match up problem

Or he's just gonna be a tall possession WR. Seems like everyone wants to move him to TE just cause everybody thought he sucked when we signed him. He's the best frosh WR of camp so far. So I'm happy to just have him be a tall good WR.

I'd love to see him develop into a tweener. Create problems for the defense, is he a WR, is he a TE. Put a corner on him and he either takes advantage of his size running a route where he uses his size to keep the corner from the ball or being a mismatch blocking on the corner leaving the edge open for the run. Or is he a TE who is going to block down or fake the block down and use his speed and route running to get open on intermediate routes against LBs or safeties. Teams that like to adjust their defense based on personel and formation get highly confused.

I made the Sharpe comparison in another thread. Remebering Sharpe he didn't dominate guys blocking but he blocked well enough to take his guy out of the play. He wasn't the fastest guy on the field but he used the speed he had and always seemed to be open, often deep. In a college game where some teams have 5'10" 185lb safeties he already has definite advantages.

Last edited:
Now that I've seen him in person, I have no doubt that he's a WR. unless his body dramatically changes, we can forget the TE talk.

Now that I've seen him in person, I have no doubt that he's a WR. unless his body dramatically changes, we can forget the TE talk.
That was my next question. You know, ask someone who has actually seen the kid. I just couldn't imagine him not being a WR with the way people have been talking him up.

Back