What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX QB Stevie Joe Dorman (Signed to Colorado)

I mostly was just messing around, but QB recruiting remains a concern. We have found several reasons to pump up our QB recruits for several years now, but we need to start getting a blue chip or two at the position.
With most blue-chip QBs committing very early, it was almost impossible for Embo to snag one this cycle anyway. The proof will be in the '12 class pudding.

I watched the kid for three years. He can play!!!! From midseason on this year he has been money. He finally got a legit running game this year. He saw a blitz almost every down before that. He played some safety due to some injuries. Saw him on a prevent defense absolutely level a kid that had gotten behind the corner on a nine route.

I watched the kid for three years. He can play!!!! From midseason on this year he has been money. He finally got a legit running game this year. He saw a blitz almost every down before that. He played some safety due to some injuries. Saw him on a prevent defense absolutely level a kid that had gotten behind the corner on a nine route.

thanx for the info. Since you saw him play, what are some of his good assets and what are some of the things he'll need to work on?

TexasFootball.com rates his as the #5 QB from the Lonestar state this cycle
I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about recruiting, but my inclination is that if someone said we could have the #5 QB in the state of Texas, sight unseen - I would gamble a scholly on the kid in a heartbeat.

I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about recruiting, but my inclination is that if someone said we could have the #5 QB in the state of Texas, sight unseen - I would gamble a scholly on the kid in a heartbeat.

He isn't #5 QB unfortunately

Stevie just got ranked by Rivals as a 5.5 (3*) prospect.

:thumbsup:

Since there doesent seem to be much info on them does anyone know if Dorman or Burnette had any other scholarship offers or at least what other school schools were inerested in them. Was anything revealed in the interviews they did after they commited? Thanks.

Since there doesent seem to be much info on them does anyone know if Dorman or Burnette had any other scholarship offers or at least what other school schools were inerested in them. Was anything revealed in the interviews they did after they commited? Thanks.

Dorman had an offer from a JUCO, but that's all that was committable.

Burnette did not have another offer.

Grandpa Detmer hinted that Stevie Joe had more offers than that...I wonder if we will ever know who they all were? I'm willing to bet it will all be moot once he steps foot on Folsom.

Maybe once he signs his LOI we'll find out his other offers, all that matters though is that we got him.

Pretty good article on Stevie in the San Antonio paper yesterday.

Somerset quarterback Stevie Dorman has the size at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds. He has the pedigree as the nephew of former NFL QBs Ty and Koy Detmer. He has the numbers, holding the area career passing record of 9,253 yards.

Until last week, he didn't have an FBS scholarship offer.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...r-family-s-long-wait-966995.php#ixzz1Bavmom4s

All of a sudden he goes from unranked to 3*?

Weird. But I'll take it. The kid has the physical tools, and he obviously grew up around the game, so he knows it pretty well.

This kid's height is a major advantage for him. He really towers back there in the pocket.

He also has a very easy delivery. Most of his passes it does not look like it takes a lot of effort for him to throw the ball down field.

His passes also very much remind me of Koy. Koy used to throw those balls that went up up up and then just fell perfectly down into the running receiver's hands.

Here is another link with High Lights of Stevie Joe early in his Senior season

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/Somerset.html

Thanks!

I love the release point and how he quickly snaps the ball. Does a great job of squaring up and using his legs. The 2 areas for improvement that he and Coach Scherer will need to work on, as far as I can see, are 1) holding the ball higher so he doesn't waste time/motion to bring the ball up to throw and 2) lengthening his stride on drop backs and being quicker on those drops.

Both should be easily improved. Kid can play, imo.

That article would lead one to believe that he really did not have any other DI offers.

Saw that he made visits to Oregon State and Texas A&M. Don't know if there were offers but ussually they dont go if they aren't invited.

"Really?", Tebow asked.

Tebow never had anybody teach him mechanics. He could have used that in college. His problem was that his natural skill set worked perfectly for the offense they ran, so they didn't have any need to work on his mechanics.

This is quite telling about the entire *** system. Sounds like Stevie is a really good football player, but he comes from being an afterthought in the ranking business to #77 with a bullet.

Last edited:
This is quite telling about the entire *** system. Sounds like Stevie is a really good football player, but he comes from being an afterthought in the ranking business to #78 with a bullet.

Exactly. The season is long since over. It's not like he all of the sudden turned heads in the last week. So what is going on here?

This is quite telling about the entire *** system. Sounds like Stevie is a really good football player, but he comes from being an afterthought in the ranking business to #78 with a bullet.

Andy Dalton of TCU was ranked 73rd QB in 2006. I remember that because i actually wanted Dalton to come to CU. Dalton has developed quite nicely leading TCU to the Rosebowl win over Wisconson

Back