What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DE Johnny Stuart (Signed to Colorado)

Yeah buddy! Welcome Johnny!
Gotta love the idea of adding a disruptive force, especially one that we could use at DE/OLB/ILB/TE...whatever. Like getting athletic guys, first and foremost.

looks like a nice get - I am really liking the direction (athlete's) these coaches are in on... big strong athletic with a little speed...

welcome aboard young man!! you will LOVE Boulder !

I like the pattern I see here, that this kid had his visit, went to another school, and then had Coach Embree show up at his home to close the commit. Shows confidence that we can let the kids make the right choice, let them look around and know that CU is special.

Welcome aboard Johnny!

Big pick up for our defense. Congratulations to J. Stuart. Boulder is an amazing place. It's so great to see kids coming here that expect to be great. Lately the buffs community has had to adopt the attitude of "maybe we can get an upset," but with kids like Stuart joining the team, you will see a different feeling where they expect to win every Saturday. Go Buffs.

There were some reports that Stuart may be closer to 250lbs now than his reported 230lbs. Could be a very athletic 3-4 DE if he can put on another 30.

check out this catch he makes in the playoff at 4:05 (#82)
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsVqz0dZXo"

he had another td at 3:30 or so.

I was a bit concerned about his speed and agility for a DE. But maybe this is a good enough counterfactual. I hope the coaches have a grand strategy, and that he will fit somewhere in it. I think Austin Ray is going to be a star TE, so maybe the coaches are considering him bulking up a bit more and becoming a super athletic DT. Thoughts?

Last edited:
check out this catch he makes in the playoff at 4:05 (#82)<br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsVqz0dZXo">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsVqz0dZXo<br><br>h</a>e had another td at 3:30 or so.<br><br>I was a bit concerned about his speed and agility for a DE. But maybe this is a good enough counterfactual. I hope the coaches have a grand strategy, and that he will fit somewhere in it. I think Austin Ray is going to be a star TE, so maybe the coaches are considering him bulking up a bit more and becoming a super athletic DT. Thoughts?&nbsp;

[video=youtube;7ZsVqz0dZXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsVqz0dZXo[/video]

check out this catch he makes in the playoff at 4:05 (#82)
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZsVqz0dZXo"

he had another td at 3:30 or so.

I was a bit concerned about his speed and agility for a DE. But maybe this is a good enough counterfactual. I hope the coaches have a grand strategy, and that he will fit somewhere in it. I think Austin Ray is going to be a star TE, so maybe the coaches are considering him bulking up a bit more and becoming a super athletic DT. Thoughts?

Thanks for sharing that (and welcome aboard).

I see a DL, for sure. Not sure if he's a DT unless you mean it in the Pericak role which is really the traditional 3-4 DE type position in our defense. I think he could very well be a more athletic Pericak for us as he develops. He needs to get into that 270-280 lb range for that, though. Probably going to need a redshirt year to get there, but who knows.

Another DL commit? This staff is recruiting lights out along the DL. Welcome!

Westlake is playing against Oaks Christian right now on FSWest if anyone is interested. Vista Murrietta plays against Corona Centennial pretty soon on PrimeTicket too.

#82 I believe and he is much closer to 230 than 260. He also benches 240 so he is an athlete (basketball etc) who has YET to start seriously training for football. He'll put on some weight and likely have a year to redshirt imo.

The last couple drives, Stuart has been walked up on the LOS in a 2 pt stance. Once play he simply MURDERED the RT. I could definitely see him standing up in the 3-4. The nice thing about him which i've seen in this game and on that highlight video, the guy can help us at numerous spots.

Oaks paid him some attention, but he still made some plays. Couple of qb pressures, a blocked pass, and .5 sack, just in the 2nd half. Westlake moved him around; put him on both the left and right edges. He seemed comfortable in both, and looked fine starting from either a 2 or 3 pt stance.

Didn't see any catches on O, but his blocking looked good. Good position, hand placement, foot movement.

What was fun was watching how much attention Oaks paid to Johnny's teammate -- Solis. On 2 or 3 occasions, Oaks triple-teamed Justin.

These 2 are gonna be fun to watch.

Oh, and Westlake won the CIF championship 49-42. Wild, wild, 4th quarter.

Stuart, Solis and their Westlake teammates will be in the CIF Open Division Championship on Saturday 12/17 at 11 pm Mtn time. If you have DirecTV, you can watch (or like me set your dvr) on channel 698.

Amazing that he got worse after the season ended. :rolling_eyes:

That's why these sites are such crap and stop paying for them. They are wrong so many times about so many players and they are only driven money (which is fine, yeay capitalism) but, these assclowns dont even try to be objective. The more the fans pay for their site the more stars their recruits get. He'd be a 4* if he was a Texass or Condom commit.

Such BS.

I actually made a mistake. The 2*-5.4 was an initial rating on Rivals. 247s put him there, too. Both at the upper end of their 2* ratings. Scout and ESPN have had him as a 3*.

I actually made a mistake. The 2*-5.4 was an initial rating on Rivals. 247s put him there, too. Both at the upper end of their 2* ratings. Scout and ESPN have had him as a 3*.

I think Nik just wanted to get us riled up with NSD coming up soon...

Back