What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DE Samson Kafovalu (Signed to Colorado)

Should start his career at DE , work on his pass rushing skills, bulk up , and then move inside to tackle. I would still add one more DL either Breslin or Borne. Then add 4 more DBs
Or we could keep people at a position for all four-five years.

Welcome!

Welcome Samson. This staff has done a better job in 1 year at the DL position then the previous staff did in 5 years.

Welcome Samson. This staff has done a better job in 1 year at the DL position then the previous staff did in 5 years.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like the idea of DT/DE having to play every down because we don't have enough bodies.

He is already built like a tank. I don't see him gaining 40lb. I think he could improve lower body strength and play DT anyway though. Exciting news he signed!

Couldn't agree more. I don't like the idea of DT/DE having to play every down because we don't have enough bodies.
Especially with the offenses we will be facing in the Pac 12. Of course teams like Oregon will try to keep our D personnel on the field as long as possible, but being deep on the DL and DB will be key when we get the opportunity to switch personnel.

Just a couple of 4* and this will be a top 30 class. That would be awesome for a 3-win team. Imagine if we're a bowl team next yr... We really need Rippy and Wright!

:woot:....really glad he pulled the trigger on the guys who recognized him first...real excited to see him eating up the opposing QB's for the next few year!! Welcome Aboard! :gobuffs:

Love this kid. I think with some S&C and a training table this kid could be a dominant 3 technique.

Looks like we are going back to 43 base defense, so far 7 DL commits, no Linebackers.

I think every DB but Harrington and Henderson from the last 1-2 classes are going to be moved to LB and told to add 20 pounds.
That will require us to get about 5 more db's.

I think every DB but Harrington and Henderson from the last 1-2 classes are going to be moved to LB and told to add 20 pounds.
That will require us to get about 5 more db's.

We have the players to play a 43 defense.

DE- Uzo Diribe, Jagne,Dejon wilson
DT- Pericak, Topou,Hennington,Poston
DT-Bonsu, Solis, Richter
DE-Juda Parker, Kofovalu, Stuart

OLB-Major,Greer,Tuumalo
MLB- Rippy, Daigh,Williams
OLB- Webb,Ewing,Harlos,Clark

SS-Polk,Kyle Washington,Vigo
FS- Orms, Terrell Smith,Mananea

CB- Harrington

CB- Henderson

We need atleast 4 corners and 1 safety.

Last edited:
Me likey! JE staying true to plan - bring in guys who not only have the talent to replace existing starters but flat beat them out Welcome Samson!

DT-Bonsu, Solis, Richter

OLB-Major,Tuumalo
MLB- Rippy, Daigh
OLB- Webb,Greer

SS-Polk,Kyle Washington,Harlos
FS- Orms, Terrell Smith,Vigo

CB- Harrington
CB- Henderson

Our DL is gonna be SO bad next year. Pericak better stay healthy

Looks like we are going back to 43 base defense, so far 7 DL commits, no Linebackers.

I think the staff is confident in Rippy. And maybe Hooker, also. I like the personnel on the DL they are bringing in. You can have a great rotation with Solis and Tupou at the 1 Tech. and Hennington and Kafovalu at the 3.

My apologies to BB2. We have him on a ILB on the homepage.

I did appreciate the jab.:thumbsup:

Nothing is set in stone, so he may well end up at LB, but he is likely to be a FB in spring practices.

I hope we are all patient with this front seven. There will be growing pains.

DT-Bonsu, Solis, Richter

OLB-Major,Greer,Tuumalo
MLB- Rippy, Daigh,Williams
OLB- Webb,Ewing,Harlos,Clark

SS-Polk,Kyle Washington,Vigo
FS- Orms, Terrell Smith,Mananea

CB- Harrington

CB- Henderson

We need atleast 4 corners and 1 safety.

Do you have some sort of weird fetish tied to typing names of college kids in various lists over and over again?

I did appreciate the jab.:thumbsup:

Nothing is set in stone, so he may well end up at LB, but he is likely to be a FB in spring practices.

I hope we are all patient with this front seven. There will be growing pains.

:nod:

It a huge disadvantage at this level when you've got 17-19 year old DLs going up against 20-22 year old OLs.

Pericak, Bonsu and Uzo-Diribe need to lead the way and log a lot of snaps as the other guys work their way in. Hopefully Parker's ready at the DE spot opposite Uzo-Diribe. A starting 4 on the front of So-Sr-Jr-Jr would be fine, especially if Rippy's back for the start of the year at ILB and we can go Sr-Sr-Jr for our LBs behind them.

Back