What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA FB Christian Powell (Signed to Colorado)

What Slider said is probably correct. The fact Powell was named the Inland Empire DPOY by ESPN just shows his freakish athleticism.

Love the pickup.

I was hoping we'd get this guy just as much if not more than anybody we've recruited. Huge pickup, great job by EB. Everybody should be happy, especially our rbs. Their eyes should be lit up like a ****ing christmas tree right about now.

Scout rated him #3 FB and 247 rated him the #7 FB. Great pickup and huge guy who can really contribute right away from both a blocking and running/receiving perspective.

Where is Buffalo30? He should be positively giddy with two legitimate FB recruits and the foreshadowing of crushing lead blocks such a recruiting strategy presages...I am VERY excited about Powell and Norgard.

Last edited:
so pumped about this pick up. gonna be interesting with norgard already in school and participating in the spring and powell comin in for the fall

Maybe a new cheer for the fans. Every time he levels someone the crowd responds with POW -el, emphasis on the POW part of his name.

Pow! His name spelled backward? Wop! The first letter of his first name plus the first three of his last name? Kapow!

I wonder what Abron, Crowder, Payne and the other RBs are thinking?

Halfway through next year Wes Brown may be coming off another Maryland loss and see what he could be doing in the CU offense with EB as his coach and Powell opening holes he could walk through. Give him second thought about his choice of schools.

Norgard to FB imo. We saw last year that having a talented player as a back-up FB wasn't the best use of talent (Ahles). So start Powell at FB and Norgard should practice at MLB. Either way only one can start, and if EB comes up with a package for both to be used at teh same time, it will only happen 5 plays max during a game

Norgard to LB imo. We saw last year that having a talented player as a back-up FB wasn't the best use of talent (Ahles). So start Powell at FB and Norgard should practice at MLB. Either way only one can start, and if EB comes up with a package for both to be used at teh same time, it will only happen 5 plays max during a game

Prior to Norgard's "move to FB", it looked like he was a really good prospect as a LB, and possibly as a run-stopping MLB that we need. With the lack of LB's in this class and the relative plethora of FB talent, I would hope that this is still a possibility. Of course, it is hard to know all the other potential moves (which, if any, safeties convert to LB). Our LB depth chart looks OK for a 2-deep, but we don't have much there as underclassmen depth going forward. Norgard seems like a natural defensive player after his high school career playing a lot of LB/DE as well.

Prior to Norgard's "move to FB", it looked like he was a really good prospect as a LB, and possibly as a run-stopping MLB that we need. With the lack of LB's in this class and the relative plethora of FB talent, I would hope that this is still a possibility. Of course, it is hard to know all the other potential moves (which, if any, safeties convert to LB). Our LB depth chart looks OK for a 2-deep, but we don't have much there as underclassmen depth going forward. Norgard seems like a natural defensive player after his high school career playing a lot of LB/DE as well.

I strongly agree. Our LB play last year left a lot to be desired. The situation gets compounded when Rippy graduates, or worse gets injured. Norgard has a rare combination of size, speed, strength to be an exceptional LB.

Our safeties are underweight right now to play LB. If Harlos can put on 20 or 30lb of muscle he would tear it up, but I'm not sure this is likely. If we don't sign Jacobs, then I don't think we have any other good options, but to move Norgard to LB.

I wonder if the coaches make short-term accommodation for the spring practice, and have Norgard play fb?

Season ticks since 1984 and attended most of the "major" games including Orange Bowls, Lincoln rain fest, and the Hail Mary Game (have my ticket with my copy of sports Illustrated like any good nerd would ;-). I am just really thrilled with this class in general and especially this late surprise with Christian. I believe we are going to be an unpleasant "smash mouth" surprise to our competition in the PAC 12 very soon! Being able to command short yardage situations with this kind of talent really is an exciting prospect! Not to mention some truck driver openings for our speed backs. CP and Norgard are going to do some banging in the PAC 12 pretty darn soon should everything finish as it currently appears. Not to mention some real talent on both sides of the ball to round out this 2012 class. Major congratulations to the CU coaching staff and good luck sealing the deal in the final stretch here on a very solid class! This is going to be fun to watch unfold! Egg

Here it is. The Green Bay double fullback full house backfield. You can do all kinds of good stuff from this. Even pass once in a while.:lol:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/TDZ/Walkthrough012011-2.jpg

Is the MLB in the picture running away?

Walkthrough012011-2.jpg

Season ticks since 1984 and attended most of the "major" games including Orange Bowls, Lincoln rain fest, and the Hail Mary Game (have my ticket with my copy of sports Illustrated like any good nerd would ;-). I am just really thrilled with this class in general and especially this late surprise with Christian. I believe we are going to be an unpleasant "smash mouth" surprise to our competition in the PAC 12 very soon! Being able to command short yardage situations with this kind of talent really is an exciting prospect! Not to mention some truck driver openings for our speed backs. CP and Norgard are going to do some banging in the PAC 12 pretty darn soon should everything finish as it currently appears. Not to mention some real talent on both sides of the ball to round out this 2012 class. Major congratulations to the CU coaching staff and good luck sealing the deal in the final stretch here on a very solid class! This is going to be fun to watch unfold! Egg

Good post. Rep for being at Michigan.

Welcome and Rep! As someone who got to CU in 1984 and experienced some really bad football, I can't imagine what would have caused you to start getting season tix at that point. Now, there is the little matter of sammiches and beer...

Back