What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OG Gerrad Kough (Signed to Colorado)

And for all of the people who cant summon the class to say Welcome to the new kids before you continue your lifelong bitch about how many stars and how you, as a qualified talent scout, dont think a recruit is going to win the heisman their freshman year...GET ****ED!

Have the decency to welcome someone who wants to come and be a buff before you get back to the next part of your rant.

mods feel free to remove this one I just feel it needed to be said

And for all of the people who cant summon the class to say Welcome to the new kids before you continue your lifelong bitch about how many stars and how you, as a qualified talent scout, dont think a recruit is going to win the heisman their freshman year...GET ****ED!

Have the decency to welcome someone who wants to come and be a buff before you get back to the next part of your rant.

For somebody from a tiny redneck town, you made a great point. Well done.

Well said Heywood.Glad to have you on board and welcome to the B&G Gerrard. I will trust these coaches until proven otherwise. Good things are coming for the Buffs and their fans, try and be patient.

We are not going to remove it, but I am going to reiterate what I have been saying for a while: the coaches need to start winning some battles against good schools. I like our coaching staff, but at the rate this is going, they better be the best talent evaluators in college football.

Kough is a decent pickup, but he cannot be the foundation of this OL class. I also think it further highlights the concerns with Marshall on the recruiting trail. We cannot have Bieniemy closing on everyone in this class.

Sounds like UW and UCLA are progressing talks with him and close to moving in on this guy with an offer. CU beat them to the punch but it isn't over.

Sounds like UW and UCLA are progressing talks with him and close to moving in on this guy with an offer. CU beat them to the punch but it isn't over.

Would love to know where you got this information b/c everything i've read it's a real stretch to make this conclusion.

http://www.buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?p=102062#post102062

Tidbits:
Gerrad Kough (pronounced Jair-ed Co).

Colorado was the second school to offer Kough. The first offer came from Army, where his brother Bobby is a sophomore-to-be defensive lineman. Kough says he has also received a good amount of interest from Arizona State, Fresno State, Portland State, San Diego State, UCLA, and Washington.

Consider this a very soft verbal.

:lol: Well, nowhere does it say that, but whatever makes you feel better about how this class is shaping up.

I thought that was the sort of information you required to feel better about the class.

A big Buffalo welcome to Mr. Kough!

There may have been a number of similar comments when Baktari committed to the Buffs. If the staff likes this guy, then I'm good with it.

Welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man.

There were a ton of similar comments, look how that panned out.

The old staff wouldn't allow a verbal from a kid this early. The kid would come out here and meet with Hawkins and if he was somehow still wanting to come here and didn't leave so confused by what just happened, they would allow him to commit....

I think it's good to take these early verbals as long as the kid comes out here and visits soon enough. He will only be more committed after his visit. The biggest point I like is I'm sure they know his HS coaches (certainly at Colony they do very well) and they've seen enough film to be 100% on the kid. But even bigger, this starts to put pressure on the other kids at this position that they need to get it moving.

If we were near full, I don't think they'd be taking this commitment until the kid visited and was 100% on board. Right now, soft verbals that are flimsy are fine and work to the programs benefit - for the time being.

The old staff wouldn't allow a verbal from a kid this early. The kid would come out here and meet with Hawkins and if he was somehow still wanting to come here and didn't leave so confused by what just happened, they would allow him to commit....

I think it's good to take these early verbals as long as the kid comes out here and visits soon enough. He will only be more committed after his visit. The biggest point I like is I'm sure they know his HS coaches (certainly at Colony they do very well) and they've seen enough film to be 100% on the kid. But even bigger, this starts to put pressure on the other kids at this position that they need to get it moving.

If we were near full, I don't think they'd be taking this commitment until the kid visited and was 100% on board. Right now, soft verbals that are flimsy are fine and work to the programs benefit - for the time being.

These verbals are also a part of a mental process for some kids. The verbal may not be that solid but once the kid announces it his thinking starts to change. He is telling people "I'm going to be a Buff." People congradulate him, he starts wearing Buff gear, talking with other Buff recruits and current players. Pretty soon it becomes a part of his identity and he is solid.

One of the problems mentioning the last coaching staff, was that they didn't keep solid contact and build these relationships with kids. You would have a kid who wanted to be a Buff and then wouldn't hear anything from the staff for months. By the time they got back to him he had moved on to somebody else.

This may be a soft verbal but I'm sensing and hoping that it will be very solid sooner than later.

I just don't think there can be a solid commitment until a player visits. That's why this commit is so soft, he basically commited to the first decent (no offense to Army) offer.

All mentioned factors aside, there is one thing I absolutely trust this staff with, and that is recruiting. I think that was a huge reason why they were even hired. They know what they are doing.

Back