What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OG Gerrad Kough (Signed to Colorado)

All mentioned factors aside, there is one thing I absolutely trust this staff with, and that is recruiting. I think that was a huge reason why they were even hired. They know what they are doing.

May I ask why you have such confidence in this staff's ability to recruit? What have they done to instill that confidence in you?

May I ask why you have such confidence in this staff's ability to recruit? What have they done to instill that confidence in you?

I understand your criticism Sackman, I do. I just think it's a little early to be freaking out. Let's wait and see how everything pans out before we start slamming this staff.

And btw, this staff has a fantastic track record when it comes to recruiting. Does that mean it will translate here in Boulder? Maybe not. Like I said above, it's a little early. :thumbsup:

I'm not criticizing nor freaking out. I was simply asking a question. What has this staff done to convince anybody that they're great recruiters? As you say, it's early.

I'm not criticizing nor freaking out. I was simply asking a question. What has this staff done to convince anybody that they're great recruiters? As you say, it's early.

Historical reference....sorry for the echo, but it is true. Give them a chance.

Already landing a blue chip quarterback should at least give you a glimmer of hope.

I'm giving them a chance. I have very few options in the matter.

Actually...you could turn into a fair weather fan and drift to a different team (ie, latch on to a fan base without any direct affiliation, like most Husker, Gator, and LSU fans...they would love to have you...).

Already landing a blue chip quarterback should at least give you a glimmer of hope.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to have that commitment. I guess I'm just curious about what this staff has done to inspire such devotion at such an early stage.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to have that commitment. I guess I'm just curious about what this staff has done to inspire such devotion at such an early stage.
Basically, we've got 3 guys that most BCS programs would love to have as recruiting coordinator with EB, BK & Tui. Throw in Embo who recruited a lot of CU's all-time greats and Cabral who has had his fair share too. The rest of the staff each brings something to the table (i.e., Kanavis is going to be a star for inner city & Houston area kids). They'll bring in a good class this year and if they can get a winning program going, this is a group that can consistently bring in top 15 or 20 classes.

I was actually pleased with the class they managed last year, but that's the past right? What have they done lately? :lol:

Basically, we've got 3 guys that most BCS programs would love to have as recruiting coordinator with EB, BK & Tui. Throw in Embo who recruited a lot of CU's all-time greats and Cabral who has had his fair share too. The rest of the staff each brings something to the table (i.e., Kanavis is going to be a star for inner city & Houston area kids). They'll bring in a good class this year and if they can get a winning program going, this is a group that can consistently bring in top 15 or 20 classes.

THIS!. It's a right on assessment. The problem is what comes first, the chicken (winning seasons) or the egg (top recruiting classes). Lots of these guys had success recruiting to schools that are pretty easy to get big time players, e.g., Texas, CAL and UCLA. It will be interesting to watch the next few years.

THIS!. It's a right on assessment. The problem is what comes first, the chicken (winning seasons) or the egg (top recruiting classes). Lots of these guys had success recruiting to schools that are pretty easy to get big time players, e.g., Texas, CAL and UCLA. It will be interesting to watch the next few years.

Out of the loop, I am...why all of the red boxes, bitch?

Sackman, what were your expectations for this time in the recruiting year? All 4 and 5*'s when we haven't had a winning season since 2005?

CU hasn't been a factor in recruiting for many years. Hawkins got a few big names earlier in his time at CU but most of his classes were "sleepers." His last couple of years were virtually all guys who would have been at best second choices for top level schools. Even the big names that Hawk got often came with some issues (Simmons who barely played, MTM who was damaged goods, Nuckols and Katoa who never actually made it to a game as Buffs.)

Even before Hawk, Barnett was never a recruiting dynamo and his last couple of years were lacking in quality after he got the Duke lacrosse treatment and admin weaseled out of backing him.

For this staff to even be considered by a lot of the guys who are listing us is a major step forward. In the end I would expect that most of these guys will go elsewhere but we will get some of them (and already have Dillon who is a huge step forward.)

To really make some noise recruiting we need to show something on the field. Not neccessarily a great season but at least give recruits a reason to believe that this is a program going the right direction. In the mean time we are ahead of where I would have expected us to be. Last years class put together in a few weeks was surprising in its quality and this year looks like we are moving forward. I would still expect that the bottom of this class will contain some guys who in a top recruiting class would be questionable but we will also have some guys on top that other more successfull schools wanted.

I for one am willing to accept that The Sackster and BB are both more concerned than some of us about recruiting thus far - without having to recreate the series of threadjacks on the subject that are distributed throughout these pages.

I for one am willing to accept that The Sackster and BB are both more concerned than some of us about recruiting thus far - without having to recreate the series of threadjacks on the subject that are distributed throughout these pages.

where the hell is the fun in that? buzzkill....

[video=youtube;s4G4mcYOXMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4G4mcYOXMA[/video]

Don't lose your composure!!

[video=youtube;JgRp-CZ1UDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgRp-CZ1UDc[/video]

Out of the loop, I am...why all of the red boxes, bitch?

Becuase I harp on the fact that so many of our recruits have no other BCS offers than CU and I'm skeptical of the ability to look at a highlight tape and believe our coaches see something that other coaches don't. I just don't jump up and down when we beat out Iowa St. or Army for recruits.

No I just trust the staff than some random **** over the internet.

I've never said player A or player B weren't any good. I've only said that I wish more of the commtis we're getting had offers from other BCS schools. To me, it would show that other BCS coaches, rather than some random **** over the internet, thought the player was worthy of a scholarship. That's it.

But hey, you win. I'll leave and will quit checking this forum. Apparently, my opinion really grates on you and you've taken it personally.

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
These are self reported offers as well. Hell, any of our commits could have numorous BCS offers they just don't report them.

Good point, except for the fact that there are 118 other D-1 college coaching staffs (not random idiots from the internet) who didn't offer him a scholarship.
Do you know that 100%? They're reported offers by the player. There's also other factors to consider as well (who they sent their tape to, what camps they went to, how many of said position is said school taking in said year, etc).

I actually think that walk is spot on when he says that CU needs to win recruiting battles against elite programs before it can win on the field consistently against elite programs. B follows A. My disconnect is when he tends to write off a prospect in May, June or July because he doesn't have elite offers yet.

I actually think that walk is spot on when he says that CU needs to win recruiting battles against elite programs before it can win on the field consistently against elite programs. B follows A. My disconnect is when he tends to write off a prospect in May, June or July because he doesn't have elite offers yet.

this

Voice of reason. I am moving on from the threadjacks as well.

Back