What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA OLB Seth Jacobs (Signed to Oklahoma State)

BUffscoop apparently reporting that he is visiting next weekend. We haven't heard much about him lately but seems like a serious player and according to the intro on Buffscoop he is seriously interested! (I don't have a sub anymore so I couldn't tell you what the post says even if I could read it all).

BUffscoop apparently reporting that he is visiting next weekend. We haven't heard much about him lately but seems like a serious player and according to the intro on Buffscoop he is seriously interested! (I don't have a sub anymore so I couldn't tell you what the post says even if I could read it all).
you need to link it if you are gonna report anything from a private source, especially inside 24 hours. Even when the teaser gives it away. It is just polite.

http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14853

This kid could play Will or safety.

I want Jacobs and Solomon. These are the types of wild card players that make your defense EXTREMELY tough to play against as they are going to eat up ground like crazy with their explosiveness and their game radius is insane. They can play forward/backwards really REALLY well. Want.

you need to link it if you are gonna report anything from a private source, especially inside 24 hours. Even when the teaser gives it away. It is just polite.

http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14853

Now that we have the public information properly attributed, I think the more telling part of their teaser is that CU only plans to take one LB this cycle, and would be okay with none. I wonder if this means anything about Deaysean Rippy? Do they think he's going somewhere else, or are they trying to get him off the pot? Or, perhaps, it is completely unrelated?

Now that we have the public information properly attributed, I think the more telling part of their teaser is that CU only plans to take one LB this cycle, and would be okay with none. I wonder if this means anything about Deaysean Rippy? Do they think he's going somewhere else, or are they trying to get him off the pot? Or, perhaps, it is completely unrelated?

Think they would take both of these guys if they could. You make room for special players, and we have the schollies left.

Jacobs and Rippy are different types of players. Both are good enough however to be potentially good enough to force themselves onto the field ahead of other guys we already have. Both also look to be difference making types of players. Even if you don't have a priority at their positions if you can get them both you take them both and are glad about it.

Would Jacobs or Rippy be willing to GS? They both seem to have the talent to contribute from day 1, and I am sure they are both well aware of that fact. It would be a big time team first move for one of these guys to be willing to sit a year for no other reason than to assist in class balance.

Would Jacobs or Rippy be willing to GS? They both seem to have the talent to contribute from day 1, and I am sure they are both well aware of that fact. It would be a big time team first move for one of these guys to be willing to sit a year for no other reason than to assist in class balance.
no

i'm gonna go with "no"

We would never ask those guys to grayshirt. Any peanut gallery talk of grayshirting is in regards to our 2 recruits with ACL injuries.

Not only would they not do it, but we wouldn't want them to. You put as much talent as you can on the field.

That is a bold strategy for sure.

I didnt think so either, I would hope our coaching staff doesnt even mention it, in case the recruits get scared off. As much as they say we dont need LB's the cycle, we would be stupid to pass up this kind of talent.

Of all the things to worry about, the coaching staff even mentioning a grayshirt possibility to Rippy or Jacobs should be at the very bottom of a long, long list.

:lol:

This staff won't pass on Rippy or Jacobs. They would take both IMO

Whos the idiot asking to GS two of the most talented kids we're recruiting?

If only we'd asked D Scott to greyshirt. He'd have had more time to groom his attributes and we would have balanced out all those RBs we recruited that year.

The only reason I asked is become O_robbie brought it up in his thread
I was talking about GS guys like Crowder and the receiver from Texas who got injured. Also Manea would have been a good canidate to GS with his concussion issues. You can't suggest to GS the most talented guys you recruit. They will laugh in your face.

Hello all 1st time poster. I thought I read somewhere that Rippy or Jacobs could come in at the safety position. I know Rippy said he would probably play Strong Safety.

Back