What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA S Chris Solomon (Signed to Nevada)

Without saying too much, let's just say that may not necessarily be a bad thing for buffnation!

Last edited:
We are well aware of coach Brown's exceptional resume and his accomplishments throughout his career, he is argueably one of the best in the nation at any level! That is something that weighs heavily with us! Decision coming soon!
Well, CU and Greg Brown have had a little bit of success developing CBs.

We are well aware of coach Brown's exceptional resume and his accomplishments throughout his career, he is argueably one of the best in the nation at any level! That is something that weighs heavily with us! Decision coming soon!

I'm obviously biased (we all are here), but I think if you read through the posts on this board you'll see that we legitimately care about bigger things than football and sincerely want all these kids to make good decisions for themselves. I'm glad to see you've taken your time with the process and done your homework. Brown is well-liked by the players and is an excellent teacher, too. I can say with confidence that Chris would get excellent coaching and mentoring at CU on top of it simply being a special place located in a special place.

Hoping to have Chris become a part of Buff nation, but certainly wish him well regardless. Enjoy your time in Boulder, some of the best years of my life spent there as a student.

SOLO,good luck! Enjoy the ride. None of us have to tell you guys a thing. Chris needs to feel peace with his choice. This has got to be fun for you. You must be proud. I'm jealous! :lol:

SOLO,good luck! Enjoy the ride. None of us have to tell you guys a thing. Chris needs to feel peace with his choice. This has got to be fun for you. You must be proud. I'm jealous! :lol:

I bet. With all the tuition costs from the kids, you're not retiring before the next millennium. :smile2:

I've wanted this guy since I saw his vids a year ago, he reminds me of Parker orms when he played high school ball...the best guy on the field at all times.

Quick question, I was lucky enough to play a regional baseball tourney in west covina, some team called the "dukes" beat us in the championship, we were one inning away from going to nationals...are the dukes still around? This 8 th grade team had a 25 man roster with pitcher only guys, we had 12 total all 12 pitchers. But they were legit.

I hope to see Chris in black and gold

I've wanted this guy since I saw his vids a year ago, he reminds me of Parker orms when he played high school ball...the best guy on the field at all times.

Quick question, I was lucky enough to play a regional baseball tourney in west covina, some team called the "dukes" beat us in the championship, we were one inning away from going to nationals...are the dukes still around? This 8 th grade team had a 25 man roster with pitcher only guys, we had 12 total all 12 pitchers. But they were legit.

I hope to see Chris in black and gold

Pretty common opinion among Buff fans. This recruiting cycle, I've heard more enthusiasm for Solomon than I have for a number of the 4* DBs we have offered. Film doesn't lie and this kid can ball.

Yeah, i would have said the same thing. First thing that strikes you is Solo's just a good player, a gamer, exactly what you want on the field. Leonhart is another comparison. Might not be the tallest guy on the field but toughness and fire will make up for it.

What you need out of your DB's for the most part are kids that can run the shuttle and 3 cone drills quick. Display's explosiveness in and out of breaks, redirection skills, and make up speed. I love DB's that play the run and pass equally well and Solomon looks like that type of player. Really want his kid doing what he does in Black and Gold.

Pretty common opinion among Buff fans. This recruiting cycle, I've heard more enthusiasm for Solomon than I have for a number of the 4* DBs we have offered. Film doesn't lie and this kid can ball.
In all honestly without trying to sound biased the reason being is because he is so heavily under-rated and all the CU people such as Coach EB know how to recruit in between the lines so to speak. He is a true diamond in the rough, basically a 4* talent!

Yeah, i would have said the same thing. First thing that strikes you is Solo's just a good player, a gamer, exactly what you want on the field. Leonhart is another comparison. Might not be the tallest guy on the field but toughness and fire will make up for it.

What you need out of your DB's for the most part are kids that can run the shuttle and 3 cone drills quick. Display's explosiveness in and out of breaks, redirection skills, and make up speed. I love DB's that play the run and pass equally well and Solomon looks like that type of player. Really want his kid doing what he does in Black and Gold.

We thank you for your comments and evaluation! I know he really appreicates when people take notice of those type of things! Good thing is at 6' even (not 5'10" or 5'11") he is definitely not undersized as a DB. I would have to agree with your comment about DBs and the agility drills, and you're right on the money with that. As he runs a 3.97 shuttle (SPARQ certified) and a 6.96 3-cone drill (2 years ago, probably faster by now)!

We thank you for your comments and evaluation! I know he really appreicates when people take notice of those type of things! Good thing is at 6' even (not 5'10" or 5'11") he is definitely not undersized as a DB. I would have to agree with your comment about DBs and the agility drills, and you're right on the money with that. As he runs a 3.97 shuttle (SPARQ certified) and a 6.96 3-cone drill (2 years ago, probably faster by now)!
I'm not familiar with shuttle and cone drill times. What are the parameters?

sub 4 shuttle and sub 7 3-cone are quite fast. I believe on ESPN they list a certified 40 time of 4.5something, so it's not like he's slow in a straight line either. Great athlete.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/93

I really hope we get this kid, he's massively underrated.

Psyched that we've got a great chance here, been a Solomon fan since early in the process. Great player + has that swagger that we need re-infused into this program

Hope to see Chris in the Black and Gold. Y'all have great timing! He would have a great chance to showcase his talents right away!

sub 4 shuttle and sub 7 3-cone are quite fast. I believe on ESPN they list a certified 40 time of 4.5something, so it's not like he's slow in a straight line either. Great athlete.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/93

I really hope we get this kid, he's massively underrated.

Regarding the shuttle, a good rule of thumb for everyone is that the time on that is going to be around .4 faster than the player's 40 time. A greater spread means that the player is quicker than he is straight-line fast (smaller spread means the opposite).

With Solomon, we're talking about a guy who runs the 40 in the 4.5 range, is exceptionally quick with a sub-4.0 shuttle, and stands 6 feet tall. Exceptional quickness rarely pairs with size, so this is a truly special athlete. Pretty much exactly what you'd hope to see in a DB. With the right coaching, the sky's the limit for a player with those measurables. Throw in that Solomon's football IQ jumps off the film and this is a prospect to get very excited about.

It will be interesting to see where we go with CB from here on out. I'm assuming Mosley/Walker are locked in for CB and not Safety?

It will be interesting to see where we go with CB from here on out. I'm assuming Mosley/Walker are locked in for CB and not Safety?

Don't assume. DB recruiting strategy is to get bigger guys who have potential at cornerback but could play safety if that's a better fit.

Don't assume. DB recruiting strategy is to get bigger guys who have potential at cornerback but could play safety if that's a better fit.

I think that would be part of the appeal of playing for Coach Brown. The NFL wants to have corners with safety skills and safeties with corner skills. Brown's coaching style, given the talent to make it work, gives players the best chance to play beyond college. It also means that what a lot of college OCs like to attack doesn't necessarily work against him, again given the talent to make it work. Without the talent it falls flat like it did frequently this year.

Let's start worrying about putting the puzzle together after we get the pieces. I really hope Chris commits this weekend. Dude is a baller.

Sounds as though Chris would be a great addition to this team. He has size, and quickness and with the right amount of mental toughness he could be an integral part in our RTD. Be a Buff Chris!!
noobs, this is how you pick a name.

Back