What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA S Chris Solomon (Signed to Nevada)

If I were in Chris' shoes, I'd talk to the staff and, first, find out (if he doesn't already know) why they aren't accepting his commitment and, second, if there is a chance that if something opens up they will take him and, third, if a gray shirt is an option. Finally, and I know this is tough financially, if he could take the PWO route.

One other option would be if they can set him up with a JUCO for, maybe, a year.
We are going to make that call later on today! Hopefully they answer and we can get through though!

Don't want to re-read the whole thread, but I remember Solo saying something about Chris calling last week sometime to say he wanted to commit and was denied. My question is if all he ever wanted was to play for GB and no other options are on the table, why did he wait until last week to decide to commit. Sounds like he could have done this a long time ago and it wouldn't be an issue. Or maybe from CU's point it wouldn't have mattered. Who knows. All JE talks about is getting kids who have passion for playing football and who want to compete. I'm no expert and have never seen Chris play, but he sounds like the exact guy JE is looking for. Good luck to the Soloman's. I hope you end up in Boulder.

Don't want to re-read the whole thread, but I remember Solo saying something about Chris calling last week sometime to say he wanted to commit and was denied. My question is if all he ever wanted was to play for GB and no other options are on the table, why did he wait until last week to decide to commit. Sounds like he could have done this a long time ago and it wouldn't be an issue. Or maybe from CU's point it wouldn't have mattered. Who knows. All JE talks about is getting kids who have passion for playing football and who want to compete. I'm no expert and have never seen Chris play, but he sounds like the exact guy JE is looking for. Good luck to the Soloman's. I hope you end up in Boulder.

It wouldn't of really mattered cause once the 2 "4stars came knocking do you really think they would of turned them down???

Quite Frankly, other schools are not an option for us! It's we want and must play for Greg Brown, bottomline!

Something is starting to smell funny around here boys. 32 years of recruiting experience starting with yours truly and currently working with my own Sophomore son (not football) and something doesn't smell right.

I'll go out on a limb right now and say Chris doesn't sign on LOI day with anyone. Not because he's not good enough, but because there's something else out there?

I love Greg Brown more than anyone, I've argued until Bloody with BoulderBuff about GB's capability, but even I don't love him that much. Something is not adding up here with this story. Hope I'm wrong. Been wrong a time or two....

Something is starting to smell funny around here boys. 32 years of recruiting experience starting with yours truly and currently working with my own Sophomore son (not football) and something doesn't smell right.

I'll go out on a limb right now and say Chris doesn't sign on LOI day with anyone. Not because he's not good enough, but because there's something else out there?

I love Greg Brown more than anyone, I've argued until Bloody with BoulderBuff about GB's capability, but even I don't love him that much. Something is not adding up here with this story. Hope I'm wrong. Been wrong a time or two....
Not quite sure what you are getting at... And I think a lot of what is going on here has to do with Nik's recent post on how well our current commits did in the classroom last fall. The numbers got tighter.

Other schools are not an option for us...

Hope I'm wrong and I'm behind the kid 100%, but the story is starting to sound a bit fishy to me.

Don't know exactly what your trying to get at either! But it's all from an x's and o's standpoint! He has 15 years NFL has quite the reputation with the league! He Is the best in the game as a DB coach at all levels including the NFL! He runs an NFL style bump and run scheme, not of this zone soft cover 2 crap! When it comes to scouting kids coming out the college, the bump and run scheme kids are towards the top of the list, because the are viewed as "NFL ready!" Also GB has the no easy yardage mentality! Like I said it's all based on X's and O's! Trust me buddy we do our homework very intensely! And if chris doesnt sign an LOI on signing day its because we gonna go to CU, no matter what! Even if we gotta do it the hard way! It may be BS, but it is what it is! Its a cold cruel world out there! Nothing fishy what so ever, just stop it already!

Don't know exactly what your trying to get at either! But it's all from an x's and o's standpoint! He has 15 years NFL has quite the reputation with the league! He Is the best in the game as a DB coach at all levels including the NFL! He runs an NFL style bump and run scheme, not of this zone soft cover 2 crap! When it comes to scouting kids coming out the college, the bump and run scheme kids are towards the top of the list, because the are viewed as "NFL ready!" Also GB has the no easy yardage mentality! Like I said it's all based on X's and O's! Trust me buddy we do our homework very intensely! And if chris doesnt sign an LOI on signing day its because we gonna go to CU, no matter what! Even if we gotta do it the hard way! It may be BS, but it is what it is! Its a cold cruel world out there! Nothing fishy what so ever, just stop it already!

You guys have definitely done your homework. Very cool to see. Doesn't surprise me, though. I got a visit report that Team Solo came in with a plan on the official visit and really impressed the coaches with the focus and commitment.

Please let us know what you hear when you talk to the staff. My fear is that you're getting caught in a numbers game due to CU accepting a number of academic risks earlier in the recruiting cycle and all of them now actually looking like they are going to qualify.

Awesome! I'm already really rooting for this kid and his family. Kick some ass!!

Not quite sure what you are getting at... And I think a lot of what is going on here has to do with Nik's recent post on how well our current commits did in the classroom last fall. The numbers got tighter.

You guys have definitely done your homework. Very cool to see. Doesn't surprise me, though. I got a visit report that Team Solo came in with a plan on the official visit and really impressed the coaches with the focus and commitment.

Please let us know what you hear when you talk to the staff. My fear is that you're getting caught in a numbers game due to CU accepting a number of academic risks earlier in the recruiting cycle and all of them now actually looking like they are going to qualify.
:nod:

Then you'd better move here and establish residence!

i just want to add that i love the guys who want to be here with this type of passion. fingers crossed that it all works out.

I have followed this thread from the beginning and am a big fan of SoloNation. I will take it all at face value and have no desire to question anyone's motives. I wish you the very best and hope that Chris finds his way to a CU sideline (East side please) in the near future!

Solo, let Chris know buffnation supports him in what ever he chooses. If he decides to come here as a walk on or a gray shirt I hope he uses that as a motivator. Nothing more dangerous on the gridiron then a talented kid that's out to prove something. What was said about possibily moving to gain instate residency is no joke. Tuition is nearly half the cost in state. It may be worth looking into if you decide to go the walk on route. either way good luck to Chris, I will defintely be keeping an eye on his situation

This is the part of recruiting that I hate. When we had Hawkins as a coach we would have dreamed of having a kid like Chris commit to us. He probably wouldn't have gotten along with Hawkins because he has passion and desire and puts himself fully into what he wants, everything Hawkins didn't stand for.

This year we have him, a great kid by every appearance and he gets caught up in a numbers game. I won't even pretend to know what the coaches are thinking and I am also not going to imagine that I am qualified to say that one kid should or shouldn't get the spot that another gets, that is the job of the coaches.

I do know that I would love to see Chris in the Black and Gold if for no other reason than his passion and complete desire to be a Buff. If Embree wanted to play it like some schools do he would just take an LOI from him and later find a reason to dump him if he were the odd man out. Hopefully Chris is in communication with the staff and there can be some form of agreement regarding either a grayshirt or a late LOI if something happens with other commits (qualifying issues, Hall playing baseball, etc.) In some way or another I hope that this can work out for the best for everyone.

Chris. We would love to see you on the field at CU. Explore your options. You can crash at my house if needed.
I share your desire to get Chris here-gotta love the passion for the Buffs and the talent to match. But I think your housing offer may border on a violation:lol:

Back