What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA S Chris Solomon (Signed to Nevada)

I already liked Chris the player before all this and after reading about the heart, passion, fire and determination, really hoping we get to see this kid in action for us. I know Embree.......... this is his SCHOOL! And guys who will run through a brick wall for the common cause, he'll end up finding a way to make things work out whether it be this next semester or the year after that.

SOLOnation, you rock! Best of luck. You are getting a good jump on having a crowd of fans in the stands already.

GS would be an excellent option if they offer it. Come learn from one of the best DB coaches and get a chance to have a year seperation between you and the 4 star kids. Embree will love the passion you have and will reward you for it.

Stuff like this happens every recruiting cycle

And again, there's nothing funny about it. Kid has his heart set on CU and you find it funny that it's not working out? You know this is an actual person, right? Not just some number to fit into a system?

And again, there's nothing funny about it. Kid has his heart set on CU and you find it funny that it's not working out? You know this is an actual person, right? Not just some number to fit into a system?

No, the situation is not funny. And I do feel bad for Chris. But, reading 5+ pages of people completely up in arms over this is funny

After 4+ years of hoping and begging kids with talent to come here it just sucks that we have a kid that really wants to play for CU, and by all measurables could really help CU and we can't find room for him.

I like Chris too, but I see being in this position as a good thing. It means we have attracted the guys we really wanted.

I like Chris too, but I see being in this position as a good thing. It means we have attracted the guys we really wanted.

This is what I was trying to say. And there wasn't 5+ pages of posters crying when Folasa/that DT from Manaea's HS tried to commit but were rejected. Hmmm

This is what I was trying to say. And there wasn't 5+ pages of posters crying when Folasa/that DT from Manaea's HS tried to commit but were rejected. Hmmm
I don't see this as "crying". I see a bunch of hoping and well wishing going on. Besides Folasa and Webb aren't nearly as talented as this kid. Those are the type of players we use to bring in. We have moved beyond that recruiting wise hopefully.

I don't see this as "crying". I see a bunch of hoping and well wishing going on. Besides Folasa and Webb aren't nearly as talented as this kid. Those are the type of players we use to bring in. We have moved beyond that recruiting wise hopefully.

This is the issue and the significant point here. In past years we have had some guys we hoped might be quality players, this kid is a step above that who is by most measures a legitimate prospect. The other part is that in addition to his talent he looks to be a guy who is black and gold to the core, who will be a dedicated Buff with an enthusiasm for the program.

I'm still holding out hope the Solomon gets his shot here.

But... If this whole football thing doesn't work out for him. He could grow a mullet and star as Slater on Saved by the Bell 2!

haters-gonna-hate21.jpg

I think the case with Chris is different than Folasa. We have consistantly welcomed the families and supporters of prospective Buffs to this site. From Ann Henery to DoWork to SOLONation, I think I am safe in saying that we enjoy their perspective and try to be good hosts when they visit this site. SOLONation is obviously a strong supporter of Chris; I assume family. Much of the support or "crying" as you say is a reflection of the "personal" relationship that was built between SOLONation and our board. Clearly, Chris is a talented young man and that plays into the support as well, but I think SOLONation kind of put a face to the name and gave us a glimpse into Chris' desire to wear the black and gold. I think it only natural that our fanbase on AB lended support.

I wish nothing but the best for Chris and hope he finds the right college and football home for the next 4-5 years.

Go Buffs.

Back