What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

A bit frustrating from a recruiting standpoint. We do need to develop and sign another quality TE prospect. JE is probably pissed. JCF seems like a real long shot.

The good news is that Austin Ray looks like a great prospect. He is bigger and faster than TM. I am willing to bet he will become a better TE than Mcnamara, even if the recruiting services think he isn't quite as developed. I haven't seen enough film of TM to have an independent opinion.

I hope you're right about Ray. I'm hopeful that we get JCF, but I agree that he seems like a long shot. Looks like Kasa and Thornton will have to step up big time!

******, but I never really felt we would get a commit from Taylor. BOL to him and here is hoping we somehow close out this class strong.

Why do you say "a ruse?" Were we being played?

No. I think he had OU in his mind for some time and right before pulling the trigger, he wanted to consider you guys one last time. Ruse was probably not the correct word to use but I think he was feeling OU was his best choice for awhile.

Not really surprising given OU was his last visit and the fact that OU has recruiting San Diego very well as of late, hope we can flip JCF.

Not really surprising given OU was his last visit and the fact that OU has recruiting San Diego very well as of late, hope we can flip JCF.

I remember asking earlier (maybe in this thread) about what does the last visit matter. In that case, somebody (BB?) was saying that it was good that we weren't the last visit. I guess that shows that the recruiting stuff is all on the whims of an 18 year-old. I with Taylor the best in his choice. Every kid going to college should be where he wants to be.

On to the next one...

I remember asking earlier (maybe in this thread) about what does the last visit matter. In that case, somebody (BB?) was saying that it was good that we weren't the last visit. I guess that shows that the recruiting stuff is all on the whims of an 18 year-old. I with Taylor the best in his choice. Every kid going to college should be where he wants to be.

On to the next one...

I think it's a big help to be the last visit. The risk is that the kid might commit before he gets to you and then cancels the visit.

He believes OU is the best place for him so good luck. I hope u get to play from day 1 but, big boy recruiting is a little different. End all be all, I hope you made the choice for you and nobody else, you earned it. Good luck.

Last edited:
He will probably win more games the first two years in Norman. That's the only benefit.

The Sooners run a hybrid offense that is NOT a pro-style offense.
They have had a really good run of QBs, but that's the past. The future is more unknown.
The Off Coord who installed the offense and trained it, is gone. We'll know in 2 years if Stoop's team can maintain it.
It's Norman. Great football tradition and nothing else.

The Buffs run a Pro-style offense that is begging for TE talent.
We've got the next 5 years covered at QB. No one know's this more than Taylor.
CU's Off Coord showed in year 1 that he is good. He's going no where very quickly. We know these things.
It's Boulder. Great football tradition and EVERYTHING else.

We could use this no-brainer commitment right now to get some other 4-stars "off-the-fence". Dillon is doing what he can. Taylor knows Embree and EB can recruit like nobody else. CU will be very good when TM is an upperclassman. No Question.
I'd say our next 5 years at QB are just as unknown as Oklahoma's.

Oh well ! wasn't meant to be, is what my folks have always said... We want BUFFS, players that want to be BUFFS ! so have fun in ou kissing texas' ass! while we go and win a conference title

Would have loved to get this kid but all is not lost. Lest we forget, we still have the Irwin twin and Austin Ray on board. I have full confidence that our HC can coach these boys up and they will be doing great things for us on the field soon.

Would have loved to get this kid but all is not lost. Lest we forget, we still have the Irwin twin and Austin Ray on board. I have full confidence that our HC can coach these boys up and they will be doing great things for us on the field soon.

We have two very good in-line blocking TEs in Irwin and Ray. Obviously very psyched to have both, but we're still needing the pass catching TE that can really work the seams. Really, really bummed we missed out on McNamara.

Exactly true Creebuz. The biggest thing is that isn't much fan-fair around our two commits mainly because there isn't much video on either. Sean missed most of the season with his injury. Austin Ray's team didn't seem to throw that much. The thing that struck me about T-Mac's videos were he's pretty much a pass catcher and that's it. Is he a great blocker? IDK. Time will tell. Ultimately if you can't block, you won't be on the field at TE, regardless of how good you catch the ball. We may look back in hindsight and laugh because Sean/Austin & whomever else we pick up were much better complete players at the TE position.

I'm still looking toward the future. It's on Embree and company to develop these kids and getting them playing at a 5/4* level coming out of college as he likes to say.

I am very excited about both of our TE commits. What's disappointing about losing this one is that he was a high-profile recruit that could have brought some buzz to the class.

good luck to him. i hope he finds what he's looking for.

come on Embree I don't even know what to say, but you were specifically hired to land players like this.

Disappointing. Still, you have to worry more about who you get than who you lost.

Back