What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

"Colorado is obviously not in a place where they're going to be winning as many games as Oklahoma,"

McNamara on rivals

I hope Bohn reads that and realizes that while a pay-day with schools like OSU is nice, we really need to build up our win total by scheduling absolutely horrible teams to come and play at CU for at least the next few years.

"Colorado is obviously not in a place where they're going to be winning as many games as Oklahoma,"

McNamara on rivals

If that's how he feels then he is not a fit for CU. We need player who want to build a Legacy not continue someone else's Legacy. Best of luck to him.

This is precisely the reason I only sporadically follow recruiting until a week or two before LOI day. It's just too much disappointment and heartache for this Buff fan. It's all varying degrees of disappointment because inevitably we miss on more high-profile recruits than we land, and the 2 and 3 star guys like Speedy Stewart are impossible to get excited about until a little bit down the road when they prove their abilities.

Best of luck to him... OU has signed 4 star TE's in the 2011 and 2010 classes. So he'll fight for playing time and maybe start on his RS Junior year. He could have been a starter from day one here. Last I checked, CU doesn't get ignored on draft day either (Solder, Smith).

JCF or bust now. Let's not just give some other kid a scholarship to put a body out there on the field. Save it for next year.

McNamara on rivals

Good for you... Have fun on the practice squad next year and playing special teams for three years instead of playing TE as a starter here. It's OK, I hear Norman is a really nice place once you take football away too. Haha, **** I hate losing a close race!!!

Best of luck to him... OU has signed 4 star TE's in the 2011 and 2010 classes. So he'll fight for playing time and maybe start on his RS Junior year. He could have been a starter from day one here. Last I checked, CU doesn't get ignored on draft day either (Solder, Smith).

JCF or bust now. Let's not just give some other kid a scholarship to put a body out there on the field. Save it for next year.

All of this I agree with.

Taylor would have been better off with CU and I would have loved to have had him here. We will miss him but time to move on. Agree completely with not just taking anyone to fill a spot. Right now we have enough holes in the roster that we need to spend our spots on guys who can play and work around our weaknesses.

So what? I refuse to get bent out of shape over a kid who's never played a down of CFB. Would I have liked to see him on the Buffs? Sure, but I've never seen him play so what do I know? Only what the recruting gurus say. The same guys who said Darrell Scott was the number one RB, ditto M Houston, at the end of the day, neither one of those guys were the game breakers they were supposed to be. Bottom line, maybe he'll be great, maybe he'll ride the pine at OU. Either way we're talking about a CA kid who'd rather be in Norman than Boulder...hard to worry about it at this point. Good luck to him and enjoy the flat, hot, humid environ of OU. Oh yeah, you'll win some games in a conference that is slowly dying, but at least your family will be traveling long distances to garden spots like Ames to see you play.

Seven Stages of Grief

1. Shock and Denial
2. Pain and Guilt
3. Anger and Bargaining (I'm seeing lots of this :lol:)
4. "Depression," Reflection, Lonliness
5. The Upward Turn
6. Reconstruction and Working Through
7. Acceptance and Hope

Man, this is going to be a long 5 weeks with you ****ers!

I think it's a little shocking that none of the PAC 12 powers recruited him. After all he was the second ranked TE on rivals.

I'm disappointed but if a guy just wants wins, jobs, etc., handed to him, I just don't really care for the attitude. What happens when adversity hits? I'll take the guys excited about the process and eventual results. Just my humble opinion. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed but if a guy just wants wins, jobs, etc., handed to him, I just don't really care for the attitude.

Wanting to be on a championship contender /= wanting wins "handed to him". I don't understand the character assassination that goes on around here when a kid chooses another school.

Disappointed as I really feel this staff needs to land 2 or 3 of these bigger fish to make me feel real comfortable that we're progressing and moving forward from an overall talent & recruiting standpoint....that being stated, can't blame many of these kids for wanting to go elsewhere if they want to win right away and have those opportunities....best of luck to him

This "oh well, he obviously wouldn't have been a good Buff anyway then" rationalizing for losing recruits is ****ing ridiculous. We lost out on a much needed recruit, and it hurts.

Wanting to be on a championship contender /= wanting wins "handed to him". I don't understand the character assassination that goes on around here when a kid chooses another school.

I don't understand it either. The fact is the Buffs have been a piss poor team for almost 10 years now and we are going to miss on most 4* and 5* kids. OU doesn't have the academics that CU does, but their no JuCo either. If everyone that chooses another school besides CU than all but ~4000 highschool seniors across the country are douchbags. Good luck to Taylor. I can only image the pressure he must have felt.

Here we are. A bunch of grown men and 'tini hanging our every hope and happiness on the decision of some confused 18 year old kid! I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry?

Last edited:
Last time I checked OU football was winning and playing in Bowl Games....something this program has got to start doing again to get the top kids

Here we are. A bunch of grown men and 'tini hanging our every hope and happiness on the decision of some confused 18 year old kid! I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry?
U should cry cause ur from San Angelo u bastard lol. I hope he likes blocking, thats all im gonna say really. I like how CU wants to feature the te, really? OU doesnt dude but good luck.

I think it's a little shocking that none of the PAC 12 powers recruited him. After all he was the second ranked TE on rivals.

I'm disappointed but if a guy just wants wins, jobs, etc., handed to him, I just don't really care for the attitude. What happens when adversity hits? I'll take the guys excited about the process and eventual results. Just my humble opinion. Best of luck to him.

Dude, I take back my defense of your post against buffs04. He's an 18 kid who made a very difficult decision. since we don't have to play OU, we should all hope it works out for him. Anything less is just petty.

speak for yourself. My every hope and happiness is hanging on the decision of a 2 year old and the two 3-month old kids pictured below. CU football and recruiting are passionate hobbies of mine, affecting my short term excitement, but not my hopes and happiness. In a week I will have forgotten this.

Dude, I take back my defense of your post against buffs04. He's an 18 kid who made a very difficult decision. since we don't have to play OU, we should all hope it works out for him. Anything less is just petty.

speak for yourself. My every hope and happiness is hanging on the decision of a 2 year old and the two 3-month old kids pictured below. CU football and recruiting are passionate hobbies of mine, affecting my short term excitement, but not my hopes and happiness. In a week I will have forgotten this.

It breaks my heart to see the level to which we've sunk. I pray that Bama Charlie doesn't read this.

Seriously, I would encourage everybody to be reasonable regarding Mr. Macnamara's decision. It was a difficult one, probably, but with no wrong choices. We've often said that we need to win to attract top recruits, and that's generally acreed upon. Oklahoma wins, they'll win more recruiting battles than we will for the time being. I hope this changes soon (for both teams).

Back