What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

Have we ever moved a 44 page thread to "Misfits" before?

I had the same thought earlier. I was part of 3 different mini threads that got sent to the Island off this thread too.

Who would have thought that 18 year old Tight Ends could be such a contentious topic?

I had the same thought earlier. I was part of 3 different mini threads that got sent to the Island off this thread too.

Who would have thought that 18 year old Tight Ends could be such a contentious topic?
Sometimes correlation is not causation. Sometimes it's a ****.

This had been getting on my nerves. I'm in a bad mood anyway. Why the **** say that? I assume he's talking about Shane. I just think it trivialized CU and Jon Embree. Makes it sound like he was patronizing us. IMO.

I gained some respect for him after reading that. I hope my son has the balls to go his own way when it's time for him to start making big decisions. Good luck to McNamara. Beat Texas.

I gained some respect for him after reading that. I hope my son has the balls to go his own way when it's time for him to start making big decisions. Good luck to McNamara. Beat Texas.

No. This is the attitude that we take when a kid decides to pick Michigan instead of Wisconsin. When somebody picks Oklahoma instead of CU, he's instantly a pariah and should be deluged with rocks and garbage. We're assholes. Don't ever forget that.

There's a reason several te's have left the team. Add to that the oc who told a couple of rb's that they may not see the field and they might want to consider transferring -- "supposedly" as a motivational technique. Trouble is, those upperclassmen rb's took it seriously and left the team. The boomers got some in-house work to do.

I wish tmac the best, but I really wonder what kind of situation he is getting in to.

Hey if it doesn't work out we can start a new pipeline of transfers from OU. It's too bad that NU left the big 12 otherwise we' could have had a farm conference for our buffs!

I hear Oklahoma has a catchy fight song. When some people hear it, they can't get it out of their head.

Maybe Taylor is partial to repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition.

People have asked me why I would leave Colorado to attend OU. Don't know if I had any better answer than what Taylor provided... seemed like the right place to go at the time. I was introduced to the OU campus when our family traveled to see CU play there when I was in high school. Thought the people were great there; first place I had been where people were nice to you for no reason. I can tell you that it was the right decision for me and attending OU provided every opportunity I wanted. I hope Taylor the best and that we find our that our current TEs are exactly what we need.

After reading his quotes, im cool with it. Him making a decision for himself at that age, no matter where he was being pushed, is impressive. Sucks to lose him no doubt but its not gonna cripple us. TE is scary for us though, gotta have somebody step up.

After reading his quotes, im cool with it. Him making a decision for himself at that age, no matter where he was being pushed, is impressive. Sucks to lose him no doubt but its not gonna cripple us. TE is scary for us though, gotta have somebody step up.
My ONLY issue is that during the process he said some pretty positive things about CU and Embree. But after verballing to OU he said the only reason he mentioned us was because of, I assume, friends. Therefore I feel like he never really wanted to come here. But, hell, maybe Stoops brain washed him. I do wish him well. It's tough making a life choice at 18. Especially with so many outside influences. Like that lying bastard Stoops. :wink2:

My ONLY issue is that during the process he said some pretty positive things about CU and Embree. But after verballing to OU he said the only reason he mentioned us was because of, I assume, friends. Therefore I feel like he never really wanted to come here. But, hell, maybe Stoops brain washed him. I do wish him well. It's tough making a life choice at 18. Especially with so many outside influences. Like that lying bastard Stoops. :wink2:

I don't take his comments that way. I think he liked CU, liked Embree, and had legitimate interest in coming. That's why it came down to CU/Oklahoma. But at the end of the day, when it came to decision time, his heart was at Oklahoma, regardless of what those around him wanted. This was just a case where the kid was going to be a Sooner the whole way and nothing was going to change that.

I don't take his comments that way. I think he liked CU, liked Embree, and had legitimate interest in coming. That's why it came down to CU/Oklahoma. But at the end of the day, when it came to decision time, his heart was at Oklahoma, regardless of what those around him wanted. This was just a case where the kid was going to be a Sooner the whole way and nothing was going to change that.
Yeah. That could be. Probably shouldn't infer **** from a news/twitter quote.

I could agree with you Nik that TM had made a courageous decision if TM had been evaluating the reasons people were sharing with him to go to one school or another.

For instance, why does he think the coaching is going to be better at OU than CU? How has the OC situation stabilized so that they are no longer bleeding scholarship players, and why is OU going to be much more successful the next year or two (which is one of the only advantages OU has over CU)? How is it not to his advantage to attend a school with a strong tradition of creating first round TE's, where he gets early playing time, by a NFL TE, in a conference with lots of tv time?

It doesn't sound like this is what he did though. It doesn't sound like he was conscious of the reason(s) why he thought OU would be the best fit, nor does it sound like he was examining all the reasons why people were advising him to go to CU. To him, it was just a matter of opinion, and based upon what he has said, he seems to have ignored the facts and causal forces behind those opinions.

The reason he gave was that people were pushing him to do one thing and he wanted to do something else. It is probably more accurate to say that it was because people were all urging him one way, he felt he needed to do something different. (The urge to different is very strong in young Artist-types)

It makes you wonder if everyone was urging him to go to OU that he would have chosen CU...

I strongly disagree with the idea that he was intending to go to OU the entire time. His original priority he said was to play in the Pac-12 for family and friends.

After watching the OU-Iowa game it is fair to say that OU is a mess right now, on offense and with the coaching staff. I won't be surprised that TM is pretty unhappy a year from now and wants to transfer.

I thought Breslin made a very good decision to go to USC, even though that it is not what we wanted to hear. TM's decision on the other hand is dubious at best. Perhaps this is exactly the kind of messy and conflicted situation he needs in his life. I hope he is walking into it with eyes open.

Last edited:
Analyze all you want.....it does not matter now, so move on.

It actually does matter. If TM becomes an exceptional player or whether he is a complete bust or something in between says something about our coaching staff and their ability to evaluate recruits. If you don't want to understand people, then you have every right to keep your mind and eyes closed.

I could agree with you Nik that TM had made a courageous decision if TM had been evaluating the reasons people were sharing with him to go to one school or another.

For instance, why does he think the coaching is going to be better at OU than CU? How has the OC situation stabilized so that they are no longer bleeding scholarship players, and why is OU going to be much more successful the next year or two (which is one of the only advantages OU has over CU)? How is it not to his advantage to attend a school with a strong tradition of creating first round TE's, where he gets early playing time, by a NFL TE, in a conference with lots of tv time?

It doesn't sound like this is what he did though. It doesn't sound like he was conscious of the reason(s) why he thought OU would be the best fit, nor does it sound like he was examining all the reasons why people were advising him to go to CU. To him, it was just a matter of opinion, and based upon what he has said, he seems to have ignored the facts and causal forces behind those opinions.

The reason he gave was that people were pushing him to do one thing and he wanted to do something else. It is probably more accurate to say that it was because people were all urging him one way, he felt he needed to do something different. (The urge to different is very strong in young Artist-types)

It makes you wonder if everyone was urging him to go to OU that he would have chosen CU...

I strongly disagree with the idea that he was intending to go to OU the entire time. His original priority he said was to play in the Pac-12 for family and friends.

After watching the OU-Iowa game it is fair to say that OU is a mess right now, on offense and with the coaching staff. I won't be surprised that TM is pretty unhappy a year from now and wants to transfer.

I thought Breslin made a very good decision to go to USC, even though that it is not what we wanted to hear. TM's decision on the other hand is dubious at best. Perhaps this is exactly the kind of messy and conflicted situation he needs in his life. I hope he is walking into it with eyes open.

If Mtn and bb2 had a love child...

It actually does matter. If TM becomes an exceptional player or whether he is a complete bust or something in between says something about our coaching staff and their ability to evaluate recruits. If you don't want to understand people, then you have every right to keep your mind and eyes closed.

Sure....we will know if our coaching staff is successful or not, without having to look back at this one recruit. It is called the win-loss column. Are you saying that if TM is great, that Jon, etal is a bust....or, if TM is the ****s, then Jon, etal are somehow off the hook?

So...theoretically speaking. If I was on the same flight as mr McNamara, and if any of you for one reason or another are on AB at the buttctack of dawn on new years day, what comment or question would you ask him. Theoretically, the funniest/best answer will uttered on the way off the flight in Phoenix. And no, I am not going to be an ass. Ill see if anyone responds when i land...Theoretically, of course.

So...theoretically speaking. If I was on the same flight as mr McNamara, and if any of you for one reason or another are on AB at the buttctack of dawn on new years day, what comment or question would you ask him. Theoretically, the funniest/best answer will uttered on the way off the flight in Phoenix. And no, I am not going to be an ass. Ill see if anyone responds when i land...Theoretically, of course.

"It is not too late to make the right decision"

"Seriously OU? You know the Flatirons are better than branding irons right?"

"Don't you think Embree gives you the best chance to play in the NFL?"

Go Buffs!

I'd ask if Buffnik posting around Christmas had an effect. Enquiring minds need to know.

After confirming it was him, I told him good luck in Norman but go buffs.

...and then I punched him in the balls.

Not really. He came off as really humble just in those 10 seconds or so. Maybe I was his first "excuse me, aren't you..." moment. Anyway, off to Mexico.

After confirming it was him, I told him good luck in Norman but go buffs.

...and then I punched him in the balls.

Not really. He came off as really humble just in those 10 seconds or so. Maybe I was his first "excuse me, aren't you..." moment. Anyway, off to Mexico.

Perfect, I think.

Back