What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

So who?

What's the story here?

“Everyone around me was pushing me to Colorado,” McNamara said. “What it came down to for me was I really wanted to go to Oklahoma. I thought about it hard and realized that the only reason I was really considering Colorado as hard as I was is because of all the people around me. I realized when I get to college, it’s all on me, none of my friends or family are going to be there, so I needed to do what was best for me.

What's the story here?

“Everyone around me was pushing me to Colorado,” McNamara said. “What it came down to for me was I really wanted to go to Oklahoma. I thought about it hard and realized that the only reason I was really considering Colorado as hard as I was is because of all the people around me. I realized when I get to college, it’s all on me, none of my friends or family are going to be there, so I needed to do what was best for me.
$$$ :wink2:

What's the story here?

Haha, so if his parents would have told him to go to Oklahoma, he'd of gone to CU? Haha, OK! Well, like I said. Enjoy the practice squad and special teams for the next 3 or 4 years kid.

Haha, so if his parents would have told him to go to Oklahoma, he'd of gone to CU? Haha, OK! Well, like I said. Enjoy the practice squad and special teams for the next 3 or 4 years kid.

Reading is an important skill:
"I really wanted to go to Oklahoma"

Not cool

? there's a great chance he starts next year. get out of here with that ****.

? there's a great chance he starts next year. get out of here with that ****.

HA! OU got a 4 star TE in 2011 and 2010 too. TM is going to come in and start ahead of them? That RARELY happens at a school like OU. He made his mind up to go to a program like that. Which means he is OK with taking a redshirt year and also fighting for playing time every year after. I hope he does great! I'd rather have seen him be a Buff and play for us next year. But I won't hear about this kid on Saturdays until 2014.

It is cyclical, in the 90's and part of the 00 it was CU dominating while Oklahoma was struggling. I wanted TMac, but i am not devastated losing out on a TE, i am more concerned about Defensive back depth. We just have to make due with players that want to proudly wear the BNG. Opportunity for Austin Ray, Kasa, Irwin, Thonton, Slavin among others to be coached by John Embree and to play a pro-style offense that will feature there talent.

Once again, thank you for naming the entire depth chart at a position to try to prove some ridiculous theory that we are fine at TE. Do you realize you listed three guys out of that five (Ray, Irwin, Slavin) who either have not played at the college level or have seen very little playing time. Kasa has some potential, but has not even played a full season at the position. And finally, anyone who has seen Thornton play cannot be very confident he is one of the answers at TE.

I guess it is good we will never have to use the TE in our offense.

HA! OU got a 4 star TE in 2011 and 2010 too. TM is going to come in and start ahead of them? That RARELY happens at a school like OU. He made his mind up to go to a program like that. Which means he is OK with taking a redshirt year and also fighting for playing time every year after. I hope he does great! I'd rather have seen him be a Buff and play for us next year. But I won't hear about this kid on Saturdays until 2014.
I thought they both left OU?

those dudes left. they have one scholarship offered TE on their roster. HA!

Sucks that he didn't choose CU, and I hate OU, but bashing a kid for deciding to play football for a program that is consistently ranked in the top 20 is pretty weak.

OU is pretty thin at TE, not as thin as we are but pretty thin. If he were afraid of competing for a starting job then he isn't the guy we wanted here anyways.

Ultimately for better or worse each kid has to make his decision. Sometimes they decide to go to a school that has been winning a lot of games recently like OU, sometimes they go to a school where they have family or other ties (like a GF or a cousin,) sometimes they go to a school for academic reasons either a particular major or just academic reputation. Sometimes they do it for a stupid reason like uniforms or some girl they met on a recruiting visit.

Bottom line is that each kid gets to make the choice and live with the consequences for better or worse. I along with most of here in our completely unbiased opinions believed that Taylor would have been better off at CU, so did apparently a lot of those around him but he choose OU instead.

We will have to make do with the guys we have unless we get someone else to commit between now and LOI day. This just highlights though why this upcoming season is imortant on the field. To the guys coming out of HS now CU isn't bigtime. The last time we won anything they were 10 years old, since then we have been losing to Toledo and Montana State and letting Kansas come back on us from 28 down. We have had one bowl and no winning seasons in these kids memories.

We don't have to win the PAC 12 South or go to a major bowl. We do need to win enough games to look like we are on the right track and to convince kids that we are on an upward swing as a program.

If we can do that then it will be easier for differnce making kids like McNamara to pull the trigger and get on board with CU.

Sucks that he didn't choose CU, and I hate OU, but bashing a kid for deciding to play football for a program that is consistently ranked in the top 20 is pretty weak.
Yep. He made his choice and its time to move on. There is a natural tendency for fans to feel slighted. In our minds there is no greater program or school than ours. When a kid goes somewhere else it is hard for us to accept.

Remember Landry Jones? He had close family members that were CU fans. The were pushing him to choose CU. He chose OU. Many of us said the same kinds of things about his decision that we are about Taylor's. "He will ride the bench at OU. He won't get a shot until his senior year. We are up and coming. He can be part of the building process here." Well, how did that work out?

Last edited:
OU signed three TEs total in the 2010 and 2011 classes. Two have left already. Their bowl game depth chart has two seniors at the TE position.

McNamara will get a chance to play very early.

AH! Well I definitely did not know that. That makes more sense then. ...Yeah, well Norman blows goats!

Yep. He made his choice and its time to move on. There is a natural tendency for fans to feel slighted. In our minds there is no greater program or school than ours. When a kid goes somewhere else it is hard for us to accept.

Remember Landry Jones? He had close family members that were CU fans. The were pushing him to choose CU. He chose OU. Many of us said the same kinds of things about his decision that we are about Taylor's. "He will ride the bench at OU. He won't get a shot until his senior year. We are up and coming. He can be part of the building process here." Well, how did that work out?

Any QB would have been dumb to come here with the coaches son at QB. Also, the fact that he sucks without Broyles makes it look like less of a loss.

No sense in getting upset about a recruit since you never know how the'll develop. Personally, I just feel sorry for him that he has to live somewhere as crappy as Norman. I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself before I could make it a year there.

Any QB would have been dumb to come here with the coaches son at QB. Also, the fact that he sucks without Broyles makes it look like less of a loss.

No sense in getting upset about a recruit since you never know how the'll develop. Personally, I just feel sorry for him that he has to live somewhere as crappy as Norman. I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself before I could make it a year there.
Exactly how does a Ninja kill ones self? Do you thrust your hand into your chest and pull out you heart?

What's the story here?

This had been getting on my nerves. I'm in a bad mood anyway. Why the **** say that? I assume he's talking about Shane. I just think it trivialized CU and Jon Embree. Makes it sound like he was patronizing us. IMO.

This had been getting on my nerves. I'm in a bad mood anyway. Why the **** say that? I assume he's talking about Shane. I just think it trivialized CU and Jon Embree. Makes it sound like he was patronizing us. IMO.

:cry:

Back