What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO C Josh Scott (Signed to Colorado)

From what I can see, unless we have a NBA player or someone transfers out by the end of next year, we dont have any scholarship open for Jordan, or any 2013 player for that matter.

Also kind of makes me wonder, I dont think Tad would trap himself in a situation where he cant take anyone in 2013, so maybe Dre is doing good enough right now that hes confident that he'll be leaving for the NBA soon

I can't confirm that we have NO schollies available for '13, but I thought we had one. I believe we have one...and that's why I was so surprised with XT's offer. It seems that Boyle was in on some good prospects for '13...but whatever. He's the coach - we have no say - and so far he's doing good.

I'm getting excited about Scott, even though not to the level of XJ. However, I really think this kid will need one season to develop at the college level - I hope people don't consider him a bust if he has some freshman struggles.

I can't confirm that we have NO schollies available for '13, but I thought we had one. I believe we have one...and that's why I was so surprised with XT's offer. It seems that Boyle was in on some good prospects for '13...but whatever. He's the coach - we have no say - and so far he's doing good.

I'm getting excited about Scott, even though not to the level of XJ. However, I really think this kid will need one season to develop at the college level - I hope people don't consider him a bust if he has some freshman struggles.

I would hope we would give this consideration to all the signees. We can hope and expect that a kid will step right in an produce but the jump from HS and AAU ball to PAC 12 ball along with adjusting to college and being away from home for the first time. I hope that if one or more struggle initially we will give them a chance to grow into their talent.

Sooooo excited about having an inside scoring threat! We'll look like a real team! Congrats Josh! Can't wait to see ya!

Man, I know we are really gonna miss the senior post presence Dufault gives us, but I think, maybe, after a few years, Scott could help fill at least a little bit of that void.

Next year with Roberson, Cain and Scott will be a very good year for CU's frontcourt.

I remember a big guy who was super athletic and could run up and down the floor. He goes by the name Blake Griffin.

I remember a big guy who was super athletic and could run up and down the floor. He goes by the name Blake Griffin.

That's the perfect guy for Dre to use as a model for his offensive game.

Anbody seen scott play in person this year? Reading box scores and recaps it's always hard to tell how good a guy is actually playing aginst inferior competition.

Anbody seen scott play in person this year? Reading box scores and recaps it's always hard to tell how good a guy is actually playing aginst inferior competition.

I know we all see he is pushing 30 points per game, but from what I can tell he is shooting a very high percentage from the field and I believe higher than 70% from the FT line. Of course high school stats are less than perfect, but those numbers are very promising. He did play in a tourney at Centaurus, but I didn't get a chance to see him there.

I meant to post on this earlier, but then my computer went to computer wasteland, but, I'm back. Anyway, I watched some of him in the championship at Centaurus against Boulder and liked a lot of what I saw. I was there watching my cousin in the JV championship next door, so I didn't watch a lot of the game, but from what I did watch:

He was a game changer on the defensive end. Boulder doesn't really have a lot of scoring prowess (all 5 starters from last year's state runner up are gone), but Scott seemed to make it even more difficult. He did pick up a couple early fouls, so his minutes were limited in the first half. On the offensive end, Boulder was pretty intent on not letting Scott dominate the game, so he was willing to defer and from what I saw, he opened opportunities for open 3s and also a couple dunks for other players.

The most impressive thing to me was one time in transition. He was under the rim on the defensive end, LP forced a turnover and then Scott beat everyone down the floor for what would've been a dunk but one of the Boulder kids wrapped him up to force him to the line. Amazing how quickly he got down the floor.

Lastly, his brother is also going to be an impressive physical specimen.

You can definitely see the speed in that video. He still needs to fill out and use that size on the boards, but he's gonna be a good one!

Is Jordan #5? He's a good-looking athlete, and was pretty active in those clips.

Back