What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO DT Tyler Henington (Signed to Colorado)

Height was over-stated on some sites. We listed him here at 6'5" but he's actually between 6'2"-6'3". Now listed on AB at 6'3". Frankly, that's probably a better height for a DT. The real tall guys who make it as interior DLs are generally physical freaks and are very rare.

Welcome Tyler! - A great get.

Lots of people complained that Logan didn't push CU for his players. Was it ever mentioned that if DL thought DH wasn't a good coach and wouldn't help those players develop for the next level, then DL would have been acting against thier best intrests if he pushed CU real hard?

Go Buffs

Welcome Tyler! - A great get.

Lots of people complained that Logan didn't push CU for his players. Was it ever mentioned that if DL thought DH wasn't a good coach and wouldn't help those players develop for the next level, then DL would have been acting against thier best intrests if he pushed CU real hard?

Go Buffs

Logan loves CU, but the bottom line is that it is a kids decision, not his coaches.

Logan loves CU, but the bottom line is that it is a kids decision, not his coaches.

Exactly, he's always been for whatever the kids wanted to do....that being stated, he'll probably have more interaction with the CU Staff and will have better things to say if one of his players wants to ask him about our coaches and program than the previous regime

Logan really talked Henington up in an interview with Rivals this morning. Here's one quote about how Henington is a Buff (we don't have to worry about a commitment switch here):

"Some kids want to play out the season and see what happens," said Logan, the former Cleveland Browns wide receiver and Colorado coaching legend. "Tyler likes this area and he grew up in Colorado. He has said before he always wanted to be a Buff. I think he is a perfect fit for them."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1204019

Height was over-stated on some sites. We listed him here at 6'5" but he's actually between 6'2"-6'3". Now listed on AB at 6'3". Frankly, that's probably a better height for a DT. The real tall guys who make it as interior DLs are generally physical freaks and are very rare.

I believe the man opposite of the rapid goldfish was 6'5" (Brandon nichols) and he got virtually no credit, IMO

Here is a better highlight video

[video=youtube;FXZ3G_SrAyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXZ3G_SrAyA[/video]

Here is a better highlight video

Thanks, Heywood. This is probably related to the film that Henington got out to the coaches last week. We immediately offered after Tui watched it.

Snow - do you think it was Henington we saw talking to Tui at the Sunday practice? Remember how Brown and all the defensive coaches were spending a ton of time with an unofficial visitor and we didn't know who it was? I just read in a Scout article that he attended practice a little over a week ago.

I see a lot of Cunningham in Tyler. He seems to be relentless toward the ball and sheds blocker's rather easily. Glad he's an early commit. Hopefully this is just the beginning to keeping our Colorado kids in state.

When viewing Mullen tape, you have to kind of take it with a grain of salt. Pretty much every player on that team is a D-1 talent. They're men against boys. A lot of those plays look like jailbreaks. The poor QB has no chance.

Totally agree and if Logan is doing his job (and I believe he is and is a good guy to boot) he is helping the kid make the best decision for the kid. I like Logan and hope we are in a situtation where he and the kid think it is the best situation for all of their top talent moving forward. They do get some top talent.

Thanks, Heywood. This is probably related to the film that Henington got out to the coaches last week. We immediately offered after Tui watched it.

Snow - do you think it was Henington we saw talking to Tui at the Sunday practice? Remember how Brown and all the defensive coaches were spending a ton of time with an unofficial visitor and we didn't know who it was? I just read in a Scout article that he attended practice a little over a week ago.

Pretty sure you are right nik.

Probably someone else. Maybe not even a 2012 recruit. This staff is so active on the recruiting trail that it's hard to keep up.

It's like going from first base on the first date to gettin lucky on the second. It really is overwhelming and I can't stop grinning.

It's like going from first base on the first date to gettin lucky on the second. It really is overwhelming and I can't stop grinning.

Getting to first base? The last five years has been more like beign the last kid picked to play a game. Actually getting to first base would have been way better than it was.

Guess I mixed metaphors pretty badly there. Then I guess it was like finding out the girl said yes to you asking her to the prom just so her and her friends could laugh at you on prom night because you thought it was real (I am thinking of Drew Barrymore in 'Never been kissed'). After experiencing this staff attacking recruiting, it just makes me that much madder that the last bums actually collected paychecks for so long.

I just cannot wait for this season. May not have the wins I would like, but I think I will finally see a CU team with some backbone and fight.

Last edited:
Will only get big better high celing in terms of potential.

Last edited:
Will only getter, huge celing in terms of potential.

Good God. The kid is a one man wrecking crew...

Why the heck to they put the other 10 kids out there on defense with him? They just get in his way...

Thanks, bigbang.

Hopefully now that some more film is available we'll see him get rated on the premium sites. That will help build some more momentum for this recruiting class. Good players want to play with other good players.

And Henington is a player.

I dont know why but I think Solder the more I hear about this young man. Only thing is, he plays against the best the state has to offer. Geez, I wonder how much bigger he can get?

Back