What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OT Joey O'Connor (Signed to Ohio State)

Some interest, but they were not wowed. Probably even less interest on the other side from O'Connor. It happens.

Any idea if the coaches are after any of the in-state linemen still or have they given up? I still can't believe Thurston is going to Nebraska of all places.

Any idea if the coaches are after any of the in-state linemen still or have they given up? I still can't believe Thurston is going to Nebraska of all places.

I haven't looked this week since I've been on the road for work, but I heard last weekend that the Kozan window may still be open and he hadn't scheduled an OV for the weekend of the 27th.

Picked up an Ohio State offer. Surprised he hasn't committed yet.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1319039

Pretty amazing class from the state of Colorado in terms of offers.

This kid has got offers from ND, Michigan, Ohio State....
Kozan has some killer offers.
Callahan has his pick of schools.
We got a TE going to Oregon....
Heck, we got a QB that may end up getting 5-stars.

Probably the deepest class I've seen. And I like the two Buffs we got out of this class.

But Kozan and O'connor really came on their Senior Year.

Pretty amazing class from the state of Colorado in terms of offers.

This kid has got offers from ND, Michigan, Ohio State....
Kozan has some killer offers.
Callahan has his pick of schools.
We got a TE going to Oregon....
Heck, we got a QB that may end up getting 5-stars.

Probably the deepest class I've seen. And I like the two Buffs we got out of this class.

But Kozan and O'connor really came on their Senior Year.
Too bad we had an idiot at the helm while these kids were HS underclassmen....would have been nice to land one or two of those OL....

I completely agree. I never want to hear another colorado hs kid say I can't get recruited because I live in Colorado.

Kids in Colorado go offered by 54 different D1 schools:

Air Force, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Boise State, Boston College, Cal, Clemson, Colorado, Colorado State, Connecticut, Duke, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Nebraska, New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Carolina, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Penn State, Pitt, San Diego State, South Carolina, Stanford, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Tulsa, UCF, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Utah State, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Washington, Washington State, Wyoming

Last edited:
tO$U fans on the MB are saying he committed. No surprise here.

He is now listed as an Ohio State commit in his Rivals, Scout, ESPN and 247sports profiles. I'd say it's confirmed.

Best of luck to Joey. Represent CO well.

I will be noble about this....I will.....I will......I will be noble about this.....but I still hate seeing these kids make decisions to go somewhere else

OK, I'll say it - this is a kid who had offers from all over the place. He committed to Penn State before that program was imploded, then committed to Ohio State. Those are two of the more tradition rich programs in the country and have had a lot more success than we've had recently. Yet, somehow, our coaches don't have much of an interest in this kid? :wtf:

Maybe it's a situation where he told the CU coaches not to bother, but our absolute lack of success at recruiting blue chip offensive linemen has taken on absurd qualities. We're not good enough to turn our noses up at a guy like this.

Anyone heard where he's headed?

Ohio State announces two players no longer with the team: LB Connor Crowell (not medically cleared) & OL Joey O'Connor (transfer).

And this from the Ohio State 247 site (free message board):

Just received from Ohio State:

"Ohio State University sophomore linebacker Connor Crowell, from Waldorf, Md., and North Point High School, and freshman offensive lineman Joey O’Connor, from Windsor (Colo.) High School, will no longer play football for the Buckeyes. Crowell, who has had two surgeries while at Ohio State for a previous injury that occurred while in high school, will not be medically cleared to play by the OSU medical staff. O’Connor, who red-shirted the 2012 season, has requested a transfer to be closer to home."

Last edited:
Would like to keep updated on this. Will he go to CU or end up at Northern Colorado like Willingham.

I'm assuming he has already used a redshirt year, correct?

I would love for him to come to CU.

Originally, O’Connor had his knee scoped and cleaned out after it bothered him during the summer.
Joe said his son’s left knee then required microfracture surgery.

2 surgeries

I'm not sure Boulder is a fit

The change in culture coming from a Colorado small town, you know Windsor and Eaton, farming community to metropolitan Columbus. All the kids that he deals with are not from small communities,” Joe said. “They’re from Cincinnati, they’re from Columbus, they’re from Cleveland, they’re from Fort Lauderdale. That’s basically his biggest challenge is meshing with those metropolitan-type kids. He’s listed as the country kid coming from Colorado out west. It was definitely a culture shock all across the board.”

Somebody help me out. What's the deal with micro-fractures? What makes them so bad?

Back