What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MD RB Wes Brown (Signed to Maryland)

Wes Brown may be faster than the backs we recruited, but based on the film I've seen the three backs we recruited will suit what we want to do on offense...pound the rock, run downhill, break tackles and pick up positive yardage. Besides, I'd rather be using these last few schollies on Yuri, Crawley, and Rippy.
Totally agree provided we get those guys and not some NR or 2* "gems"

Wes Brown may be faster than the backs we recruited, but based on the film I've seen the three backs we recruited will suit what we want to do on offense...pound the rock, run downhill, break tackles and pick up positive yardage. Besides, I'd rather be using these last few schollies on Yuri, Crawley, and Rippy.

Not happening...

Too bad we didn't make the Top 3 after all that. Good luck to him

If you look at the best running team in CFB (Oregon) you will note that they do it with speed. Obviously we can't recruit those kinds of players regularly at the moment but I think it is reasonable to argue that 'speed kills' in CFB.

Lack of team speed has been killing this team on offense in the last several years. We NEED burners. Prich is one but we don't have any at RB and that is unfortunate.

If you look at the best running team in CFB (Oregon) you will note that they do it with speed. Obviously we can't recruit those kinds of players regularly at the moment but I think it is reasonable to argue that 'speed kills' in CFB.

Lack of team speed has been killing this team on offense in the last several years. We NEED burners. Prich is one but we don't have any at RB and that is unfortunate.

I think we'd be smart to pattern ourselves after Wisconsin on offense. Punishing running game and a competent to good passing attack. The speed that would kill can be at WR. I'd rather have power backs that can run behind a tough o-line. Those are the offenses that help neutralize the oregon attack by limiting their opportunities.

Besides that kind of attack is more suited to the recruiting base in Colorado where we tend to have at least a few good o-linemen every year (if we can keep them instate) and less of the spectacular skill players. And of course if we could find a big tough running back that runs a 4.4 that would be okay too.

I'd take LMJ over Ball any day of the week. Of course, Ball-type players are probably easier to recruit.

I think we'd be smart to pattern ourselves after Wisconsin on offense. Punishing running game and a competent to good passing attack. The speed that would kill can be at WR. I'd rather have power backs that can run behind a tough o-line. Those are the offenses that help neutralize the oregon attack by limiting their opportunities.

Besides that kind of attack is more suited to the recruiting base in Colorado where we tend to have at least a few good o-linemen every year (if we can keep them instate) and less of the spectacular skill players. And of course if we could find a big tough running back that runs a 4.4 that would be okay too.

If you want to model CU after Wisconsin, that means landing blue chip RBs. John Clay, Montee Ball, and James White were all heavily recruited out of high school.

The decison didn't make any sense to me football wise. There got to be non football reasons behind the decision.

The decison didn't make any sense to me football wise. There got to be non football reasons behind the decision.
Wrong, Cdog says it's solely because our facilities are inferior to MD's. Or the other mid=tier schools. We can lay this squarely at the feet of Bohn. If we had the facilities of "winners" whoever and wherever we are, he would have committed.

Saw this at the 'horse before the game... Glad the hoops made up for it. Good luck to Mr Brown, sorry he didn't choose CU but I guess rebuilding at home is appealing vs rebuilding across the country.

One more that got away - looking for some kind of splashes here soon.

If we don't land any 4*'s I'm gonna jump off a ledge. And save me the recruiting rankings talk

We're recruiting to a 3-10 season. Our staff is good, but perhaps they're not the miracle workers we hoped they would be.

seen this one coming a mile away... CU just can not recruit with the big boys yet...going to take wins...and we have a ways to go before seeing that...oh well...we should be adjusted to all this by now...after the last 6 years/

seen this one coming a mile away... CU just can not recruit with the big boys yet...going to take wins...and we have a ways to go before seeing that...oh well...we should be adjusted to all this by now...after the last 6 years/

Maryland is the Big Boys? Just frustrated with MD suddenly coming in and poaching some of our recruits with a guy who was fired from UNM and assults other coaches/players while he was there.

Couldn't agree more. Maybe Dillon will get bumped back up to a 4* before all is said and done? The Kool-Aid hangover is finally starting to kick in.

Why would you care? Is Dillon going to be a better player for us if Rivals gives him a 5.8 rating instead of a 5.7?

Maryland is the Big Boys? Just frustrated with MD suddenly coming in and poaching some of our recruits with a guy who was fired from UNM and assults other coaches/players while he was there.

compared to CU right now - YES

Why would you care? Is Dillon going to be a better player for us if Rivals gives him a 5.8 rating instead of a 5.7?

It was a joke. I could give two sh!ts about Dillon's star rating. He just happens to be the closest thing to a 4* commit under the current regime.

Well, we weren't even in his top 3, so I don't think they technically "poached" us.

Back