What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MD RB Wes Brown (Signed to Maryland)

I just think this kid wants the camera on him at the all-star game and he will put some hats in front of him and then pick one (or maybe he doesn't pick - I've seen that). Either way, he gets 2 minutes of spotlight.

If he takes more visits, his choice means little.

Wow, I thought you meant all those other schools' courtesy visits, while commiting to us before a visit.

Wow, I thought you meant all those other schools' courtesy visits, while commiting to us before a visit.

Between this and a couple other high profiles, I'm starting to get bummed out. Need a couple pleasant surprises/flips.

Wes Brown's going to announce for Maryland tonight. (Educated guess.)

Brilliant move by the Terps to hire Mike Locksley as OC. And it was announced today that Zach Dancel, Wes's brother as mentioned earlier in this thread, is transferring from New Mexico to Maryland.

Brilliant move by the Terps to hire Mike Locksley as OC. And it was announced today that Zach Dancel, Wes's brother as mentioned earlier in this thread, is transferring from New Mexico to Maryland.

Sounds like you are right. Disappointing but our RB situation is already looking pretty good. Who knows we may also get Shead after his 1 yr in Juco next year. I'm mostly worried about our DB situation at the moment.

Hadn't seen the Locksley news. That seals it. Good hire as they need a good recruiter.

I'm a little confused here. Isn't Dancel getting a special waiver to transfer immediately because of the coaching mess at NM, i.e. because Locksley is a rage head who got his ass fired? If so, that's seriously messed up if he can transfer immediately to Locksley's new school.

Maybe I've got the facts confused.

I'm a little confused here. Isn't Dancel getting a special waiver to transfer immediately because of the coaching mess at NM, i.e. because Locksley is a rage head who got his ass fired? If so, that's seriously messed up if he can transfer immediately to Locksley's new school.

Maybe I've got the facts confused.

Never assume that a logical decision regarding player eligibility and the NCAA go together in the same conversation.

I have never seen a rational explanation for how the NCAA grants or denies waivers on anything so to be confused by this case seems perfectly normal if you are looking for some reason in it.

NCAA rarely ties things to the coaches. The players and universities generally get the shaft while the coaches move on. At least in this case the player didn't get the shaft. One of the better NCAA rulings, actually.

NCAA rarely ties things to the coaches. The players and universities generally get the shaft while the coaches move on. At least in this case the player didn't get the shaft. One of the better NCAA rulings, actually.

Good point, the players shouldn't be punished. I guess the seriously messed up part is that Locksley moves on with zero punishment and his other NM players that don't have a 4* brother get left behind with a likely punishment on the horizon.

So whats the point of him still visiting (if he is?)? To see what he is missing? To build up some frequent flyer miles? Don't get it.

Well that f-in sucks. Guess we'll just end up with a top 40 class, still some time, but not looking good for the home team. Guess you cant expect much after a 3 win season.

So whats the point of him still visiting (if he is?)? To see what he is missing? To build up some frequent flyer miles? Don't get it.
Would you have turned down a free trip to Colorado at his age? I have no problem with it. Come check us out. If you still want to go elsewhere, no problem. Just let your friends know how great Colorado is.

that's okay.

Wes Brown may be faster than the backs we recruited, but based on the film I've seen the three backs we recruited will suit what we want to do on offense...pound the rock, run downhill, break tackles and pick up positive yardage. Besides, I'd rather be using these last few schollies on Yuri, Crawley, and Rippy.

Back