What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MI SF Chris Jenkins (Signed to Colorado)

Would be amazing if he is a very reliable 3pt shooter.

Reliable is a good word in this case. I think its pretty clear that is not the strength of his game. Great shooters don't shoot test shots, they are looking for their shot at all times regardless of how they start.

He has great length and versatility. It definitely looks like he is not done growing. CTB obviously has a role in mind for him and likes his upside. Anytime you get a commitment in today's super competitive recruiting world it is to be celebrated! Looking forward to seeing him in the black and gold!

I seemed from the vid's that he's got at least decent handling skills. Pretty important for a "slasher" role, but even moreso, it gives the team a little more flexibility. Also, it helps to have another player who's tall, is a decent dribbler, and can pass, when you encounter teams that like to press.

I liked the look of his stroke from the outside...very fluid...I think he is someone this coaching staff can develop into a very good player

I seemed from the vid's that he's got at least decent handling skills. Pretty important for a "slasher" role, but even moreso, it gives the team a little more flexibility. Also, it helps to have another player who's tall, is a decent dribbler, and can pass, when you encounter teams that like to press.

Yeah, it looked like he plays PG for his HS team and has a pretty decent handle. I really like that little mid-range jumper he flashed in the videos too. He looks like a finisher, and if he can keep that up at the college level and add in that mid-range floater, he could be a nice scorer. IMO, he looks like more of a complimentary piece than a star, but I really like the versatility.

Just FYI - there's a Chris Jenkins who is a 2012 football recruit & there's also a Chris Jenkins who is a 2013 SG recruit out of NJ. Which has made searching for info extra fun.

Thorburn with a nice article on the newest commit.

"Chris shoots the ball real well, he shot 40 percent from three last year. He has a great mid-range game and he handles the ball well for someone his size. He's long and athletic," Donnelly said. "His best basketball is ahead of him. With the reputation coach Boyle has of developing players, I think Colorado got a real steal."

Still only 17, Jenkins plans to pursue an undergraduate degree in chemistry at CU and eventually wants to attend medical school.

Last edited:
If we got those two guys, I think CTB put redshirt on Jenkins and develop him for 2 years. I agree he is skinny but he has potential in next level after college in my mind. I don't know why, just gut feeling

If we got those two guys, I think CTB put redshirt on Jenkins and develop him for 2 years. I agree he is skinny but he has potential in next level after college in my mind. I don't know why, just gut feeling
not trying to be a killjoy, but the NBA?? I think Jenkins has potential, but the guy needs to show up to classes first. He needs to fill in a little/lot too. It's very hard to make it to the NBA, let alone be a great college player in a power conference. azbuff said Scott can make it to the league, and now you have a gut feeling this kid will. I know these are just optimistic, hopeful comments...but let's not too much pressure on these kids. Very few HS'ers come into college ball being expected to make it to the NBA - not even all of the McDonald's All-Americans have a great shot at it, only a handful. I expect a lot from X right off the bat, but with Jenkins...I'm willing (and I think we all should be) to be patient. Even with Scott, I think we may need to be patient for one year.

ESPN finally rated him. 2*-80 grade. Money quote:

He's been improving nicely over the past few years and should continue to do so. He needs to get stronger but he has terrific length for the small forward position. We've tabbed him as a mid-major prospect with room to grow.

Still have room to grow though? Mid major? Still need improvement in your game? Doesn't sound like that much of a compliment

Kind of agree. After following the grading scale and having some familiarity with how they rate prospects, it doesn't appear they think too highly of him. Obviously Tad has something in mind for him, so it will be interesting to see how he develops at CU.

It's time to give Chris an AllBuffs welcome to the black & gold!

Boyle on Chris Jenkins "Has all the tools to be a great player at this level...could be the sleeper in this class"

Expanded Boyle comments "Chris is a guy with all the tools to become a great player for us. He has great size, athleticism, and skill which are essential. Chris has a chip on his shoulder, and I am not trying to compare him to Alec (Burks), but Alec was a kid that showed up every day, whether it was workouts, practice, or games with a chip on his shoulder and that is what made him so great. I see that in Chris, he has a fire in his belly, and that will serve him very well throughout his career here."

It's really hard to find anything on Jenkins. It looks like Detroit Jesuit only plays about 15 games on the season and is currently sitting at 3-1. There are only "stats" from 2 games, where Jenkins scored 14 and 16. I'd really like to see some updated highlights, but there's just nothing out there right now.

UD Jesuit Senior Here

Watched pretty much every home game over the past few years. The most impressive part of Jenkins game is his mid-range which is generally always on, while his three point is streaky. For the past couple years, he's mostly just been a jumpshooter. He's been really soft, not grabbing many rebounds while probably averaging around 14 - 16 ppg. This year, he's producing a similar amount as a scorer, but he's being more aggressive attacking the rim and rebounding. So he's become a little less soft. However, he's really weak and skinny and doesn't really have the frame to add much weight, so he'll always be overpowered. Definitely a wing in college, even though he plays more of SF/PF/C for us. He's also very athletic and mobile with a great handle for his size.
About his intelligence and being a Chem major/med student...that's not gonna happen. He's a mediocre student and doesn't try particularly hard. I think he's only taken a regular Chemistry class under an exceptionally easy teacher.

But, he should be a solid SG/SF for you guys.

Thanks, Scout. Our offense is really keyed by the mid-range game. Not only knocking those down, but also drawing fouls in traffic from 8-15 feet out. Jenkins should do well for us. Got to hit the weight room, though. Skinny is fine for a basketball player. But we've got to be strong.

He had a Twitter back and forth with fellow Buff signee Xavier Talton tonight... told X he's averaging 18 points, 10 boards, and 4 assists a game.

Back