What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MI SF Chris Jenkins (Signed to Colorado)

Jenkins Heating Up!

Jenkins is averaging a double-double this season (18ppg & 10rpg), but is starting to heat up now that his team is in conference play. In three league games, Jenkins' offensive numbers have increased to 24ppg, while his rebounding remains the same. He dropped 32 on their opponent last Friday, including going 2 for 3 from three and 13-13 from the line. His mid-range pull-up was deadly. He is a big match-up problem for every high school team. His length allows him to post up smaller defenders, while his perimeter skills makes it tough for bigs to handle him outside. Smaller guards can stay in front, but he just rises over the top of them. Just came out that he is one of a dozen players in Michigan to be nominated for the prestigious Mr. Basketball award. Will be tough to win it against name players headed to Michigan State, but he's definately one of the best in Michigan! Colorado is getting a good one!

Jenkins is averaging a double-double this season (18ppg & 10rpg), but is starting to heat up now that his team is in conference play. In three league games, Jenkins' offensive numbers have increased to 24ppg, while his rebounding remains the same. He dropped 32 on their opponent last Friday, including going 2 for 3 from three and 13-13 from the line. His mid-range pull-up was deadly. He is a big match-up problem for every high school team. His length allows him to post up smaller defenders, while his perimeter skills makes it tough for bigs to handle him outside. Smaller guards can stay in front, but he just rises over the top of them. Just came out that he is one of a dozen players in Michigan to be nominated for the prestigious Mr. Basketball award. Will be tough to win it against name players headed to Michigan State, but he's definately one of the best in Michigan! Colorado is getting a good one!

thanks so much for posting this. It is so hard to follow Jenkins through his senior year because the stats are so hard to find. We are definitely excited to see him in the black and gold next year.

Thanks for posting this!

Although I'm a math nazi and that stuff doesn't add up.

Two three pointers is six, plus thirteen freethrows is 19, leaving thirteen remaining, but that can't be gotten on 2 pointers.

Thanks for posting this!

Two three pointers is six, plus thirteen freethrows is 19, leaving thirteen remaining, but that can't be gotten on 2 pointers.
nazi! Let us dream.

Thanks for posting this!

I must have been mistaken...sorry about that. He must have been 1 for 2 with a 2-pointer from 19'8.5":lol: I would have given him a three from where I was sitting!

I must have been mistaken...sorry about that. He must have been 1 for 2 with a 2-pointer from 19'8.5":lol: I would have given him a three from where I was sitting!

It is all good. I just notice that stuff from years of reading box scores that just had field goals made, free throws made, and points, so I back mathed a lot.

Jenkins Beats Buzzer For Win!

Chris Jenkins helped his team to a thrilling 62-60 comeback win last night with an offensive rebound and putback as time expired. Jenkins led his team with 25 points and nine rebounds. Was 5-of-10 from inside the arc, 3-of-7 from three and 6-of-9 from the line. He also collected 3 steals and did not record a turnover. His team is 6-1 in league play and tied for first place. Jenkins is scoring 21.5ppg leading the conference in scoring.

Chris Jenkins helped his team to a thrilling 62-60 comeback win last night with an offensive rebound and putback as time expired. Jenkins led his team with 25 points and nine rebounds. Was 5-of-10 from inside the arc, 3-of-7 from three and 6-of-9 from the line. He also collected 3 steals and did not record a turnover. His team is 6-1 in league play and tied for first place. Jenkins is scoring 21.5ppg leading the conference in scoring.
It's great to hear Chris is stepping up his game! Thanks Wily!

Adam with a nice interview with Chris.

"I am a better player than what those other colleges saw on the AAU circuit. I felt the AAU circuit kind of messed me up. My role was to play in the post, get rebounds and score when they needed me to. I didn't have much freedom. I have developed my game in the mid-range after these years and I will be able to showcase that at Colorado."

Jenkins is also forced to play a lot in the post for Detroit Jesuit. He is averaging roughly 21 points, 11 rebounds and five assists per game this season.

is every player we are bringing in averaging a double-double? Can't wait to see the rebounding in the coming years.

is every player we are bringing in averaging a double-double? Can't wait to see the rebounding in the coming years.

:nod:

Tad wants to be top 3 in the conference in rebounding and defense every year. If he pulls that off to go along with the offensive skill of the guys he is recruiting, we're going to be consistently very good.

Another monster game from Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins helped his team to another win last night. He scored 32 points for the second time this year. He was 8-of-12 from inside the arc and 3-of-5 from three. He also went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Two of his baskets were dunks (one off a lob pass across the zone and another off a steal he had in the backcourt where he took one dribble and finished it with a two-handed slam.) He also added 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocked shots. Not a bad night for the young man.

Chris Jenkins helped his team to another win last night. He scored 32 points for the second time this year. He was 8-of-12 from inside the arc and 3-of-5 from three. He also went 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Two of his baskets were dunks (one off a lob pass across the zone and another off a steal he had in the backcourt where he took one dribble and finished it with a two-handed slam.) He also added 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocked shots. Not a bad night for the young man.

wow. That's impressive. What kind of competition is he going up against?

Reading these updates, I'm really starting to think we got a heckuva steal in Chris Jenkins. Thanks, and please keep them coming as you can Wily!

Just fumbling around the depths of the interwebs i found some stats for Jenkins
2/15 19 points
2/19 14 points (also received all catholic league honors)
3/1 31 points 9 boards on 11-13 shooting and 8-9 ft
3/6 26 points
3/7 20 points
3/9 14 points

Looks like he's averaging about 20 a game and hit his stride a little bit later in the year.

Just fumbling around the depths of the interwebs i found some stats for Jenkins
2/15 19 points
2/19 14 points (also received all catholic league honors)
3/1 31 points 9 boards on 11-13 shooting and 8-9 ft
3/6 26 points
3/7 20 points
3/9 14 points

Looks like he's averaging about 20 a game and hit his stride a little bit later in the year.

Of all the kids in next years class, Jenkins looks to be the most "under the radar" with no reported offers from power conference schools and not a great deal of publicity.

If he were to turn out to be the "sleeper" of the class and develop into a big time player for us it would further make Tad look like a genius in finding and developing talent.

For those not addicted to twitter, Jenkins just tweeted this:

Productive day. Made 500 jumpers, worked on pull ups, three pointers on transition and floaters. Definitely swagged today.

Kid is doing WORK

Jenkins is the most intriguing of the 2012 prospects to me. As mentioned before, he's such an under-the-radar prospect, but the little video out there on him looks good, and the reports have been positive. I'm really hoping he can show a solid stroke from 3 point range next year and help balance the offense. If so, it really strengthens the bench.

Jenkins is the most intriguing of the 2012 prospects to me. As mentioned before, he's such an under-the-radar prospect, but the little video out there on him looks good, and the reports have been positive. I'm really hoping he can show a solid stroke from 3 point range next year and help balance the offense. If so, it really strengthens the bench.

I think Jenkins is going to redshirt in order to spend a year bulking up and getting used to this level of competition. That doesn't lower my level of excitement in the least. I just think he's more of a developmental talent than an instant impact talent.

I think Jenkins is going to redshirt in order to spend a year bulking up and getting used to this level of competition. That doesn't lower my level of excitement in the least. I just think he's more of a developmental talent than an instant impact talent.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me either. I'd say that's probably where the smart money is, but I'd love to see the kid play his way onto the floor.

Kind of random, but talking about guys needing to take time to develop kind of makes this apply.. What would be the worth to CU of maybe trying to recruit Alex Oriakhi out of UConn if they get banned. It would be a good way to strengthen up our frontcourt if Gordon,Scott, or Johnson take some time next year, and it would also keep some balance in the scholarships so that were not trying to take six freshman this recruiting class. Could be awesome to potentially have 3 or 4 future NBA players in the front court with Roberson, Scott, Johnson, and possibly Oriakhi. Also, if Mills and Sharpe leave, are there any decent graduate point guard transfers that we could maybe try to bring in for a year?

Kind of random, but talking about guys needing to take time to develop kind of makes this apply.. What would be the worth to CU of maybe trying to recruit Alex Oriakhi out of UConn if they get banned. It would be a good way to strengthen up our frontcourt if Gordon,Scott, or Johnson take some time next year, and it would also keep some balance in the scholarships so that were not trying to take six freshman this recruiting class. Could be awesome to potentially have 3 or 4 future NBA players in the front court with Roberson, Scott, Johnson, and possibly Oriakhi. Also, if Mills and Sharpe leave, are there any decent graduate point guard transfers that we could maybe try to bring in for a year?

Finding a transfer mercenary for 1 graduate year is ideal and that is Tad's primary target for finishing this recruiting year. The focus is more on finding a guard, though, so that Ski can remain the 6th man and Jeremy can also come off the bench. I think we're happy with what we have in the frontcourt with XJ at the "3", Dre at the "4" plus able to play some "3", Scott at the "5" or "4", Gordon at the "5" or "4", and Tunks at the "5".

That said, if Oriakhi fell into our laps I'm sure we wouldn't pass.

Finding a transfer mercenary for 1 graduate year is ideal and that is Tad's primary target for finishing this recruiting year. The focus is more on finding a guard, though, so that Ski can remain the 6th man and Jeremy can also come off the bench. I think we're happy with what we have in the frontcourt with XJ at the "3", Dre at the "4" plus able to play some "3", Scott at the "5" or "4", Gordon at the "5" or "4", and Tunks at the "5".

That said, if Oriakhi fell into our laps I'm sure we wouldn't pass.

Yeah, I knew that point guard was our main focus. Especially, considering that I think Dinwiddie will likely work more as a shooting guard and that at least from what I saw during the NCAA tournament and Pac 12 Tournament, Askia's most likely not going to end up the point guard a lot of people want to see him be, he definitely looked more like a shooter. Just kind of enjoyed the thought of having a frontcourt that deep. Would be a huge shift from where we were this year, especially considering how much stronger it looked like we were when Tunks got his game together towards the end of the season

With an open scholly and a couple of potential/possible transfers, there's room for a couple of transfers if things worked out perfectly.

Back