What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NE ILB Jake Schany (Signed to Ohio)

Could also be a case where the player has told them that he wants to look out of state. They look at their situation with the limited numbers and good young linebackers and say in a normal year we go after him but this year if he wants to look elsewhere, we won't bother to spend a lot of time on him.

Could also be a case where the player has told them that he wants to look out of state. They look at their situation with the limited numbers and good young linebackers and say in a normal year we go after him but this year if he wants to look elsewhere, we won't bother to spend a lot of time on him.

Not the case whatsoever.

Who was the kid from Nebraska that originaly commited to the Buffs in the 90's and I think couldn't get in, then became an All-American for Nebraska?

some husker on another board says he committed to us. while he is known to be a troll, seems kinda random to just make up.

No mention of us in his latest scout article. But, since he seems to be a step slow, has anyone mentioned Fullback for him?

Not all that high on him but if Cabral likes him, I'm not going to protest. Have a feeling that if another midwest BCS school offers him he's going there.

Not all that high on him but if Cabral likes him, I'm not going to protest. Have a feeling that if another midwest BCS school offers him he's going there.
Who was the first midwest bcs school to offer him/.

Who was the first midwest bcs school to offer him/.
No one, which is my point. He's waiting for an Iowa offer but don't think he's sold on CU other than it's his best chance to play for a BCS team at the moment.

No one, which is my point. He's waiting for an Iowa offer but don't think he's sold on CU other than it's his best chance to play for a BCS team at the moment.
see what you wrote, then get back to me. You referred to CU as a midwest school. **** that ****.

Pretty much over this line of thinking. Our LBs are nothing special, so it is time for Cabral to step up his game too and land better players.

Pretty much over this line of thinking. Our LBs are nothing special, so it is time for Cabral to step up his game too and land better players.
Doug Rippy as been pretty good and Major was before he lost his speed after his injury last year.

Doug Rippy as been pretty good and Major was before he lost his speed after his injury last year.

...and both had multiple BCS offers. Hell, Major was a top 250 player. Quality LB depth needs to be built here, not just having one or (maybe) two good starters.

What's your point again?

That coaches are often wrong. In various sports pro and collegiate I've been burned far too many times by justifying questionable decisions with the mantra that, "the coach or GM knows more then I do so I should just trust their choice." I'd be happy to have Schany i'm not saying I don't want him I just don't like seeing someone following the train of thought I wrote above. I posted Dustin Garrison's thread because EB didn't want him but he's now starting as a true freshman and had 291 yards rushing in a game last week.

Do you know Dustin Garrison would have been admitted to CU? West Virginia isn't exactly CU and the staff can only take so many academic risks each signing period. You're right, the coaches aren't always right but I trust Cabral enough in his talent evaluation.

Not sure why, but I didn't watch Schany's vids before tonight. Couple of thots:

- when he gets his hands on someone, they go to the ground. Might also be a wrestler.

- even the blow-up hits were accompanied by a wrap-up.

- this kid causes turnovers.

- doesn't quit on plays

Overall, he's pretty much an old-school player. No question on his effort. I have no clue if he could be an effective d1 linebacker, so I'll leave that analysis to the experts.

Someone else mentioned the possibility of a move to fullback -- I agree.

Not sure why, but I didn't watch Schany's vids before tonight. Couple of thots:

- when he gets his hands on someone, they go to the ground. Might also be a wrestler.

- even the blow-up hits were accompanied by a wrap-up.

- this kid causes turnovers.

- doesn't quit on plays

Overall, he's pretty much an old-school player. No question on his effort. I have no clue if he could be an effective d1 linebacker, so I'll leave that analysis to the experts.

Someone else mentioned the possibility of a move to fullback -- I agree.

I'm pretty sure he is. I know his little brother won state his freshman year. Pretty impressive imo.

Freshman, Will Schany became the first Blair Wrestler to win a state championship with an 8-5 Decision over Blake Kennell of Nebraska City.

Last edited:
Chose Ohio.

I'm guessing that since Nebraska didn't offer he and his family looked at playing for Frank Solich at Ohio as the next best thing.

Back