What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ DE Darius Hamilton (Signed to Rutgers)

Fair enough. My intent wasn't to gloat especially since many kids will wind up choosing elsewhere but the bobbing smiling face emoticon would probably piss me off so you are right, and I apologize. This board has great recruiting info and there are four or five targets here that are in play between SC, Cal and Oregon right now in addition to a local Colorado kid still undecided. Even if CU is not in the mix, my thought was that some would want to know what may be shaping up, however, if CU is not in the running I understand not wanting to hear about any of them. We've sucked way longer than CU has and this is exciting to us. We usually don't see this type of recruiting success and my urge to share it blinds me to other sensitivities. I will refrain from posting anything further on Cal's targets here. I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate being a guest here. I didn't start the thread on Cal's class in this forum btw. I only posted baby Canadian bears and a fat bear with a 70's chick on that thread.
****ing gloater.

I think he is visiting Miami but still has one last OV. The staff may try to get him to hold off on a decision and take a trip here. Like I said, a Very long shot.

Looks to me like he has one more visit available. Darius meet Kanavis. Kanavis meet Darius... Just need a foot in the door!

If he's got an OV left, I think that there's too many connections here for him not to even listen to what the coaches are saying and maybe consider a trip out.

He is definitely going to Miami this weekend and is taking Caroo with him. Looks like Rutgers class might start to fall apart.

Well, that would make this one hell of a DL class. I think we'd have to pry syko off the ceiling.

Did he come out last spring with YW?

Great question but you would think that Yuri at least has talked to him as maybe has Tony Jones. That and Kanavis knowing his dad might be enough to get him at least listening a little bit.

If we could get him it would be huge. The PAC has a lot of smaller DEs, he has all the speed plus a bigger more powerful frame and could really tear it up. He would be a difference maker. Get him crushing pass blocking schemes and either smashing QBs or forcing bad throws to our CBs and the defense gets really fun to watch.

You don't have to guess, somebody keeps track of recruit visits.

I know he didn't take an OV here. I'm wondering if he came out for an unofficial with YW last spring. This thread states that he was potentially going to come, but it doesn't say either way whether he did or not.

Hamilton did not visit. Wright visited with Shumate and 2013 DE Al-Quadin Muhammad.

He is a CU lock.

Sorry. I just wanted to sound like I knew something about recruiting.

It's cool. You can make it up to me by convincing Hamilton to come on an OV this weekend.

My first reaction in the Yuri thread after his commitment was WooHoo!! now go after Darius. I'm afraid that's the best I can do...

Man, if he somehow become a Buff it would be a helluva recruiting effort, and a great start to return to respectability.

Come on CU staff make it happen!!

He's had Florida on his mind the whole recruiting cycle. Almost impossible to seriously compete for him now just because his other favorite will apparently drop out with Schiano moving on.

poster_wmu3e40n2d.jpg

Both Rivals and BuffScoop are reporting that CU is making a push for Hamilton. Odds are against us, but we are making the effort.

Back