What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ DE Darius Hamilton (Signed to Rutgers)

This guy looks like a total and complete bad ass. When was the last time we got a someone of this caliber on the defensive side of the ball? I guess maybe Kasa, but most folks were recruiting him as an olineman, right?

This guy looks like a total and complete bad ass. When was the last time we got a someone of this caliber on the defensive side of the ball? I guess maybe Kasa, but most folks were recruiting him as an olineman, right?

Not saying he will be because it has to be proven on the field but he could actually turn into our biggest impact front 7 guy since Alfred Williams, just be devestating for offenses. Again not saying he is but he has the raw physical ability to turn into that. He could be a program cornerstone for Embree like the H-boys were for Mac.

Not saying he will be because it has to be proven on the field but he could actually turn into our biggest impact front 7 guy since Alfred Williams, just be devestating for offenses. Again not saying he is but he has the raw physical ability to turn into that. He could be a program cornerstone for Embree like the H-boys were for Mac.

I really thought Kasa was gonna be our next dominant D-lineman

I really thought Kasa was gonna be our next dominant D-lineman

I had the same hopes. Maybe Florida was right and he was better suited for O-line, more likely the cluster**** that was the Hawkins era prevented his development. Maybe he just wasn't as good as everyone including us thought he was. That's why I say it has to be proven on the field but it looks like Hamilton has all the tools. I'd love to see him crushing PAC12 offenses for the Buffs.

A bit of a thread-jack, but wth... Kasa has good size, worked hard, is smart, but ultimately, he is not explosive. A DE has to be more than fast in the 100 yard dash, they need an explosive first step, followed up by an explosive 2nd, 3rd, and 4th step. He lacks it. That's why they tried him inside. Probably, if he hadn't come to CU mainly because he wanted to play defense, he'd have moved over to the other side 2 years ago.

A bit of a thread-jack, but wth... Kasa has good size, worked hard, is smart, but ultimately, he is not explosive. A DE has to be more than fast in the 100 yard dash, they need an explosive first step, followed up by an explosive 2nd, 3rd, and 4th step. He lacks it. That's why they tried him inside. Probably, if he hadn't come to CU mainly because he wanted to play defense, he'd have moved over to the other side 2 years ago.

That's really weird. In the All American game a few years ago I remember him being really quick off the ball. But since he came here I haven't seen it again. Hopefully his skills will be a better fit at TE: tall and fast (in a long strider kind of way).

The scale of the investigation is so large, that this could drag out for 4 years or longer. IMO no team will ever get the death penalty again. It could be that they loose 10 schollies a year for 5 yrs with 5 yrs probation or something along those lines.

The scale of the investigation is so large, that this could drag out for 4 years or longer. IMO no team will ever get the death penalty again. It could be that they loose 10 schollies a year for 5 yrs with 5 yrs probation or something along those lines.
I read that the ncaa is taking a look at how they are going to deal with violations given the scandals that have happened over the last year. They will calssify violations in terms like "egregious", "kind of ****ed up," etc. It sounds like they are going to get more serious about the really bad stuff. Oh, and they are going to cut scholarships from 85 to 80. I think that sucks.

"kind of ****ed up" - I can't wait to see who the first school to receive that penalty is.

"kind of ****ed up" - I can't wait to see who the first school to receive that penalty is.
I was at a loss for adjectives, :lol: They also are saying they will leave the lesser infractions up to the conferences. You know, like knocking $2 off a walk on's meal. My sense is that they are going to be harder on repeat offencers.

I read that the ncaa is taking a look at how they are going to deal with violations given the scandals that have happened over the last year. They will calssify violations in terms like "egregious", "kind of ****ed up," etc. It sounds like they are going to get more serious about the really bad stuff. Oh, and they are going to cut scholarships from 85 to 80. I think that sucks.

The NCAA will be obsolete before they ever get something like this accomplished.

Back