What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

Probably the best HC prep is ST Coordinator, since that position works with both offensive and defensive guys while also requiring a lot more in terms of efficient practice time management since they get less but need to work different groups for KO, KOR, P, PR and FG/XP while also putting a lot of thought into clock management and situational concerns.

Head coach cliniced?

Back on topic with some big news this morning...

SD Buff (Rivals mod) got word that Deaysean Rippy is a potential early enrollee.

Very good news for us.

December 18th is a "Quiet Period" date and then the "Dead Period" runs from December 19th thru January 3rd.

That means that if Deaysean (or anyone else) is making a mid-year enrollment decision he only has this weekend and the two that follow to take official visits.

Back on topic with some big news this morning...

SD Buff (Rivals mod) got word that Deaysean Rippy is a potential early enrollee.

Very good news for us.

December 18th is a "Quiet Period" date and then the "Dead Period" runs from December 19th thru January 3rd.

That means that if Deaysean (or anyone else) is making a mid-year enrollment decision he only has this weekend and the two that follow to take official visits.

He said he may have a visit to Pitt next week. If it's true, it only leaves one week for others to compete lol

Considering he has already played three games for me in an Online Dynasty (circa 2012), I think it is only proper that he commits to CU (I know, I know, he's from PA):

Rippy.jpg

he tweeted "Everyone in Colorado better follow me ASAP"

and then a coach of his said " looks like you made a decision" and he replied saying " not yet coach"

soo idk

Sounds like it will drag out with this one. Pretty much expected. Hope we land him though. That would be huge.

he tweeted "Everyone in Colorado better follow me ASAP"

and then a coach of his said " looks like you made a decision" and he replied saying " not yet coach"

soo idk

I'll take that to mean he is a double eagle super secret silent commit. Woot. Welcome to the BnG!

If he does come to CU and is an EE, I bet we will see 2 Rippys starting at linebacker in 2012. What will we do with their names on their uniform? Both are D. Rippy? Terrible problem to have :lol:

If he does come to CU and is an EE, I bet we will see 2 Rippys starting at linebacker in 2012. What will we do with their names on their uniform? Both are D. Rippy? Terrible problem to have :lol:

Do. Rippy and De. Rippy?

Would be a big pickup. Doubt he has the size to start at LB right away though.

Just put Doug and Deaysean on the back. Kinda like how hockey announcers just call the Sedins by their first names ("Henrik with the puck, passes to Daniel, he shoots he scores").

I'm not sure Rippy is anywhere close to his listed weight right now.
Forgive me, because I don't know what it is, but what is Rippy's listed and estimated weights? Also, if he is an EE, 9 months at the training table should get him up at least some. And Mahnke had to be playing at 210, MAX

Just put Doug and Deaysean on the back. Kinda like how hockey announcers just call the Sedins by their first names ("Henrik with the puck, passes to Daniel, he shoots he scores").
Given that I am a CU alum and a current resident of Vancouver, I love your thinking :lol:

Rivals: 198
Scout: 200
ESPN: 210
247 Sports: 205

I am thinking about a couple threads on other boards that talked about Rippy when everyone assumed he was going to Florida. The consensus from a few posters who had seen him play thought he was closer to 190. We shall see.

This would really help out with the loss of Leilon Willingham from last season's class. I also love when college teams recruit bloodlines to a program. I hope he comes here to play with his cousin. I really felt Doug was one of our most improved players on defense this season and looked really good on blitzes.

Well, considering Mahnke was starting this year, I don't think weight is gonna be what keeps him from starting :lol:
:lol:

I like the sound of the 'everyone in CO better follow me' tweet. Any social media stalkers want to check Doug's page for any info?

There is some tweeting back and forth between Doug and Deaysean including a #TeamRippy hashtag.

Also, Doug retweeted a fans tweet that included the tag as #TeamRippyBuffs.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but let's hope!

Hard to believe Deaysean is not joining given that type of dialog going on. I checked out those twitter messages too. I really don't think Doug, who is a big-time Buff, is going to horse around and participate in getting friends and fans and maybe even coaches excited that his cuz is joining him at CU if it weren't true. I'd say the odds are REALLY high. I do bet that they want to play together one year and that Deaysean felt he had a legitimate shot at playing next year instead of redshirting.

Hard to believe Deaysean is not joining given that type of dialog going on. I checked out those twitter messages too. I really don't think Doug, who is a big-time Buff, is going to horse around and participate in getting friends and fans and maybe even coaches excited that his cuz is joining him at CU if it weren't true. I'd say the odds are REALLY high. I do bet that they want to play together one year and that Deaysean felt he had a legitimate shot at playing next year instead of redshirting.

If that's the case, it'd be nice if we got a verbal commitment like NOW so it could be used in helping get other kids here this year.

You're pretty cool...for a troll.

Go Buffs! Get (the new) Rippy!

I dunno, I still think he is a dick.
polar.jpg

Nice polar bear with a chain saw Daaah. Nobody touched Rippy in the PAC because of his CU connections. If you guys f ' this up it's on the coaches. My sources say CU but they've been wrong 25% of the time. Still, 75% certain is worth posting. Good luck nonetheless.

Nice polar bear with a chain saw Daaah. Nobody touched Rippy in the PAC because of his CU connections. If you guys f ' this up it's on the coaches. My sources say CU but they've been wrong 25% of the time. Still, 75% certain is worth posting. Good luck nonetheless.

If he stays close to home because of family, that's not an ooops on this staff. We've seen this before with a certain Cali WR who ended up at oregano because of mom and grandma.

Pulling Rippy II will still be a coup of sorts.

Back