What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX DE Victor Irokansi (Signed to Oklahoma State)

Welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man.

Wondering out loud here, but how long has it been since we had 4 commits from Texas this early? No wait -- how long has it been since we had 4 commits from Texas, period?

Welcome to the Black-n-Gold, young man.

Wondering out loud here, but how long has it been since we had 4 commits from Texas this early? No wait -- how long has it been since we had 4 commits from Texas, period?

To give you an idea of the commitment this staff is making to Texas recruiting, SD Buff posted over on Rivals that in less than 8 months on the job they have gotten as many commitments from Texas players (10) as the previous staff did in 5 full recruiting classes.

To give you an idea of the commitment this staff is making to Texas recruiting, SD Buff posted over on Rivals that in less than 8 months on the job they have gotten as many commitments from Texas players (10) as the previous staff did in 5 full recruiting classes.

wow. Although we may always have a team compromised mostly of players from CA and CO and other western states, the boys from Texas just know how to play ball. We need to grab some of these guys every cycle and this staff is doing a much better job than "he who shall not be named". We're still looking at more players that could/should commit to the Buffs from Texas for 2012!

Welcome to the Buffs Victor! Looking forward to seeing him develop this fall and Kanavis molding him into a freak DE in Boulder!

Reminds of Uzo Diribe, A guy that can easily add about 25-30 pounds of muscle. Already has a very good fist step, Kanavis will teach him some pass rushing moves.

Agree with skier, if we're taking low rated prospects from anywhere, I'm glad it's from Texas. They just make them differently down there.

Not a commit. His interview on Rivals basically said "I'm committed as it stands now, but if I get more offers, maybe not...."

Last edited:
Not a commit. His interview on Rivals basically said as it stands now, but if I get more offers, maybe not....

Now that i've deciphered what this sentence means.....the same thing could be said about any committment. Things change and there is a long way until signing day. But the fact that he might change his mind doesn't mean that he's not a commit.

Sure, any kid can change his commit. But I will say strongly here that after following recruiting for a long time (since before some of you boys were born), that when a kid commits and sounds truly committed 100%, that says something.

On the other hand, when he says he will still take visits and is only committed depending on who else offers, within hours of making that commitment, that commitment is close to worthless. If he said something to this effect several weeks later, you start to downgrade the commitment. When he says it in his big happy day interview, it's not a commitment at all.

If your fiance is cheating on you before the wedding, you might want to keep recruiting someone else.... If she is cheating on you the day you gave her the engagement ring, well that is something else.

I'd strongly suggest we at least label this as a "soft commitment". This kid might commit to us Buffs and I hope he does, but he hasn't.

Last edited:
I think Irokansi and Kough are extremely soft verbals at this point. Hopefully as they look around for better players, we do the same. We could also use this to our advantage and try to use the slots are filling up argument on higher rated players.

On Buffscoop, he gave a pretty strong commitment. He even hit up Gerald Thomas on facebook talking about how they will bring CU back up. Now what's this kid's words worth? We'll find out.

I think Irokansi and Kough are extremely soft verbals at this point. Hopefully as they look around for better players, we do the same. We could also use this to our advantage and try to use the slots are filling up argument on higher rated players.

Some other good de's from texas still out there ...

Pretty much. If Baylor offers, he is gone.

Baylor very well could offer. They took only a few DEs / OLBs last year, and this year they've sighed one unranked DE. It doesn't look like they have offers out to a lot of DE / LB prospects right now either.

...Pflugerville?

Exactly! I work in "Pflugerville" which is about 15 miles north of Austin. Without being a dick, I will tell you that Waco would be not much different. If you like eating at nothing but chain restaurants being close to the endless shopping plazas with nothing but Khols, Best Buy and Ross then its a paradise. Come to Boulder Victor and get a chance to see and live in one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Come play in a conference that you won't be one of Texas' little step children and always play second fiddle.

Really happy to see verbals, Victor's included, keep rolling in. Whether or not some of them hold up through signing day - it is definitely nice to see buzz being generated.

Welcome aboard Victor!

Self admitted soft verbal:

"As of right now, out of the offers I have right now, I'm 100 percent committed to Colorado," Irokansi said. "It's life though. Something may pop up and I might take an official to Colorado and I might take an official somewhere else, and I may find out I like somewhere else better."

Self admitted soft verbal:

"As of right now, out of the offers I have right now, I'm 100 percent committed to Colorado," Irokansi said. "It's life though. Something may pop up and I might take an official to Colorado and I might take an official somewhere else, and I may find out I like somewhere else better."

Same thing as Kough it seems. We're simply their best offer right now so they're going to commit until something better comes along. Which is fine with me, but we should be looking to find better players too.

Back