What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Gerald Thomas (Signed to Colorado)

Great pickup, and that comment about moving to Iowa nearly made me lose it at work. Not only are we getting players, but they all seem to have good personalities as well.

Kid looks good. Speed is legit and it doesn't take him forever to build up to it either. His YAC video reminds me of Reggie Bush a little bit. I'm not comparing his athletic ability to that of Reggie, just saying their speed and running style are somewhat similar. Very nice pickup. He and Thomas are very different players and I think in this offense, that's a great thing. Jeff can get down field but I really see him running the short to medium routes and moving the chains. Gerald Thomas is the deep threat who will be imperative to keep defenses honest against our top notch running game. I imagine he's going to make some big plays down field.

You made the right choice, brother from a different mother. Welcome. You will have great coaching and get a great education. I don't know what woot means but WOOT!

Kid looks good. Speed is legit and it doesn't take him forever to build up to it either. His YAC video reminds me of Reggie Bush a little bit. I'm not comparing his athletic ability to that of Reggie, just saying their speed and running style are somewhat similar. Very nice pickup. He and Thomas are very different players and I think in this offense, that's a great thing. Jeff can get down field but I really see him running the short to medium routes and moving the chains. Gerald Thomas is the deep threat who will be imperative to keep defenses honest against our top notch running game. I imagine he's going to make some big plays down field.

Funny you should mention Reggie Bush. GT's a big fan and, according to AZ, Embree agreed to save the number 25 jersey for him. :thumbsup:

Psyched about this commit. I'm a little weary of a commit not visiting yet but hopefully this one sticks. We need that Speeeeed

Actually reminds me a lot of Brian Lockridge in how he runs. BLock got here with much less football experience and probably 5'6" or 5'7" at best.

Psyched about this commit. I'm a little weary of a commit not visiting yet but hopefully this one sticks. We need that Speeeeed

Definitely hope this one sticks too, but I'm not too worried about commits that haven't made an official to Boulder. In my mind, Boulder is one of the greatest cities in the West; an official should seal the deal, if anything.

It should. But it's also a long time for a commit to go without an impression of Boulder in the back of his mind when other recruiters try to sway him

But he has worn #25 for the Saints and Gerald is originally from New Orleans (Katrina transplant).

The only reason he's wearing 25 in NO is because the NFL wouldn't grant his request to wear #5.

If Thomas REALLY likes Reggie Bush, he'd wear #5.

The only reason he's wearing 25 in NO is because the NFL wouldn't grant his request to wear #5.

If Thomas REALLY likes Reggie Bush, he'd wear #5.

You do realize that he was only like 12 years old when Bush last played at USC, right?

Don't be a dick.

Guys can we keep the side talk to a minimum and make sure the comments are positive? TIA:smile2:

I'm not being a dick. I'm being difficult. Obstinate. Contrarian. But not a dick.

And not mindful of which forum you're in and who your audience may be. At least use a smilie, man.

:lol:

Psyched about this commit. I'm a little weary of a commit not visiting yet but hopefully this one sticks. We need that Speeeeed[/QUOT to all the nay sayers that thinks Gerald going to change his mind about his commitment, cause he hasn't visited, need to know that he is not going to change his mind about his commitment to COLORADO and you can bet that!

to all the nay sayers that thinks Gerald going to change his mind about his commitment, cause he hasn't visited, need to know that he is not going to change his mind about his commitment to COLORADO and you can bet that!

Word.

Psyched about this commit. I'm a little weary of a commit not visiting yet but hopefully this one sticks. We need that Speeeeed[/QUOT to all the nay sayers that thinks Gerald going to change his mind about his commitment, cause he hasn't visited, need to know that he is not going to change his mind about his commitment to COLORADO and you can bet that!

In some ways I am glad that we have some guys who are commits before their official visit. These guys aren't coming because they saw some cute girl on campus (that will happen enough when they get here,) they aren't coming because of some highlights on sportscenter.

These guys are coming for the program, the coaches, the chance to be a part of something special. Lots of guys can go to a school that has been winning and when they leave say "Yea, we were pretty good when I was there too." These guys are going to have something special. Just like the guys from the late 80's, they are going to be able to say "We turned it around, Colorado football is good because we made it good." and that is something special to take away when your playing days are over.

By having some quality guys like this committed before they come on their officials they can contribute before they ever enroll. The coaches can work to schedule their visits to coincide with the visits of some important guys we are targeting. The coaches can control a lot of what happens on the official visit but you can't control attitude. Having a kid like Gerald involved when others are visiting could make a difference in the attitude of the group as a whole. Here's somebody who's legit, who had options just like they do, and he made his decision and is happy with it.

Another thing to keep in mind for all you guys worried about players de-committing, it is possible. A commit is nothing but a promise that has no real penalty for breaking. At the same time it looks like each of the guys we have commits from are quality young men, men of character, men to whom a promise means something. Combine this with the fact that things are different than they have been for the past few years. When a kid talks to Embree or EB or our other coaches they should see that they are talking with guys who have substance. I can understand guys de-commiting from Hawk because he talked a great game but the more you listened and saw the more you knew that the words were good but the substance was lacking. Everyone has criticisms and faults but lack of substance is not something I would ever associate with Embree in the times I have heard him speak. His passion runs deep to his core and recruits will come to know that and be glad they are a part of his program.

In some ways I am glad that we have some guys who are commits before their official visit. These guys aren't coming because they saw some cute girl on campus (that will happen enough when they get here,) they aren't coming because of some highlights on sportscenter.

These guys are coming for the program, the coaches, the chance to be a part of something special. Lots of guys can go to a school that has been winning and when they leave say "Yea, we were pretty good when I was there too." These guys are going to have something special. Just like the guys from the late 80's, they are going to be able to say "We turned it around, Colorado football is good because we made it good." and that is something special to take away when your playing days are over.

By having some quality guys like this committed before they come on their officials they can contribute before they ever enroll. The coaches can work to schedule their visits to coincide with the visits of some important guys we are targeting. The coaches can control a lot of what happens on the official visit but you can't control attitude. Having a kid like Gerald involved when others are visiting could make a difference in the attitude of the group as a whole. Here's somebody who's legit, who had options just like they do, and he made his decision and is happy with it.

Another thing to keep in mind for all you guys worried about players de-committing, it is possible. A commit is nothing but a promise that has no real penalty for breaking. At the same time it looks like each of the guys we have commits from are quality young men, men of character, men to whom a promise means something. Combine this with the fact that things are different than they have been for the past few years. When a kid talks to Embree or EB or our other coaches they should see that they are talking with guys who have substance. I can understand guys de-commiting from Hawk because he talked a great game but the more you listened and saw the more you knew that the words were good but the substance was lacking. Everyone has criticisms and faults but lack of substance is not something I would ever associate with Embree in the times I have heard him speak. His passion runs deep to his core and recruits will come to know that and be glad they are a part of his program.

WELL SAID! And from connecting with Gerald's fam at camps over the last year they are alot like us. Both sides have done their homework and decisions aren't made lightly. BUFF NATION is going to be the place to be........and other recruits will begin to take notice. WATCH! All of the commits for 2012 bring something special to the table. They just have to get there to show ya'll. And they will. GOOD TIMES! GOOD TIMES!

Back