What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Peyton Williams (Signed to Colorado)

Happy to have him. Welcome Peyton!

As good as his speed probably is, sounds like he has the makings of a slot or possession receiver. His stats last season had him averaging about 12 yards a catch, so either they weren't using him as a deep threat or he's simply more useful on the shorter routes.

Great news! A HUGE Buffalo welcome to Peyton!

At this rate we'll have 223 recruits on signing day. I'm not really sure how this works, but will we have to pick up the scholarships from Oregon, Auburn, Georgia Tech, USC and Ohio State?

Great news! A HUGE Buffalo welcome to Peyton!

At this rate we'll have 223 recruits on signing day. I'm not really sure how this works, but will we have to pick up the scholarships from Oregon, Auburn, Georgia Tech, USC and Ohio State?

223 hmmm.. That would be 3 less than each SEC program ....

reminds me of Jordan Shipley...fast white guy that can catch just about anything you throw to him.

Big first night for Mr. Williams: 9 receptions, 145 yards, 1 TD. Southlake came from behind to win in a shootout, 38-31.

BTW, I am thinking his teammate Sabian Holmes might get some serious looks going forward from BCS schools. He went for 167 yards receiving and two TDs.

Strong second week for Peyton: 7 catches for 93 yards and 2 TDs in a 45-13 rout.

Every recruit we have that isn't injured seems to be having a great senior year... Good talent evaluation = winning :nod:

6 catches for 74 yards in an ugly 20-10 win. Southlake had four fumbles, including one by Peyton.

I'm not sure what to make of Williams. He's a track star, so you would think he'd be a deep threat, but he seems to always be much closer to 10 yards a catch than 15 or even 20. Hopefully that means he's a solid route runner and a safety valve for his QB.

I'm not sure what to make of Williams. He's a track star, so you would think he'd be a deep threat, but he seems to always be much closer to 10 yards a catch than 15 or even 20. Hopefully that means he's a solid route runner and a safety valve for his QB.

Or it means that he doesn't have a QB who can get it to him down the field on a regular basis.

7 catches for 56 yards tonight in a hard-fought 28-26 victory (opponent failed to tie the game on a two-point conversion). Southlake's QB had a rough night throwing 3 INTs, although he did have two rushing TDs. Seems like Southlake played conservative tonight and relied on the running game more than the passing game.

2 catches for 47 yards and a TD in a 26-21 win. He had half the total receiving yardage for his team tonight. Southlake seems to content to let their QB win with his legs (175 yards rushing tonight) rather than his arm.

Something is up with that team. They jumped up 26-0 and just seemed to take the foot off the gas. Glad Peyton is doing well though. It just doesnt sound like the Southlake they usually are.

I think they are ranked Top 5 in the state. Seems like the typical Southlake to me.

They're not. They dont usually just squeak by, sometimes name alone down there gets you ranked. Dont get me wrong, they are really good but I dont think they are as strong as past teams. As long as they win and Peyton is having a good year, thats all that matters not my opinion.

Back