What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA ATH Devin Ross (Signed to Colorado)

Makes sense to me then, id say a return man is and has been a need.

He catches with his hands, makes quick cuts and seems to get to full speed within his first few steps. That's pretty much ideal for a returner.

That's also the ideal for working the slot as an outlet receiver for the QB since you need to get open quickly in space. Good addition to the class if this is confirmed, since it complements what Bobo (size/leaping ability/huge hands) and Dunston (pure speed) bring to the 2013 WR class.

CU has always had good return men over the years, it makes an impact thats been missing. Im hoping Gerald can come in this year and do it, hell somebody, its a nice weapon to have.

If their was a 20 yard dash, this guy has it. This staff is very focused on what they want.

Looks like more of a CB to me. Great hips, and feet and excellent recovery speed.

Wasn't blown away by his stats, but watching his highlight video the kid has some wheels and looks pretty athletic. Definitely a good addition to the program.

Welcome, Devin. Much needed quickness. I think we'll see him at WR, but of course I could be completely wrong, and probably will be since I said this.

[video=youtube;PDSSGyPurmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDSSGyPurmE[/video]

I'm stoked for this kid. Very good athletic ability and hands look great. I also get the sense that he's going to be a pretty good route runner for us too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats Devin! Welcome!

It's always nice to get somebody that has a fair amount of other BCS offers.

:dance::dance::dance:
:dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:

Might need him at wr, we are thin.

1 year will make a big difference at both WR and CB. We only graduate Ebner from the WRs and lose no CBs. We should finally be in a position where we can play Ross where he is best rather than having to play him where we have the most need.

Well, with reading he is more quick than fast, id like him in the slot. We do the stuff we did last year, like alot of cross dog on D, id worry about deep routes with him at corner. 4.49 is pretty damn fast tho. Alot of people can run fast in a straight line. Stopping, starting, changing direction, and keep that speed seperates folks. Either way, good to have him at CU.

I think the kid is plenty quick and plenty fast. He's got a very smooth backpedal at cb but is more of a reactive, catch and drag tackler. I love what his ability could translate to out of the slot. Big upside there for a team that needs to generate some offense and put a defense on its heels more so the run game has some space to work.

Back