What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA CB Chidobe Awuzie (Signed to Colorado)

I'm not sure he's delaying, just clarifying.

ot sure we have another opening if we've accepted this kid. That would be #18.

Yeah, but you can't count on a fixed number of guys leaving. So you have to have greyshirts as your backup.

Buffnik's chart shows 15 commits (not counting known greyshirt Lisella, nor Reed, who early enrolled) for 10 available scholarships now.

That means we either get 5 guys to leave if we take no more guys.

HCMM has publicly stated 17 or 18 total guys and I'm assuming he's counting greyshirts as they count in this class (at least for now).

Awuzie may be an indication that M2 knows that we are going to lose a/some DBs to transfer.

Yeah, but you can't count on a fixed number of guys leaving. So you have to have greyshirts as your backup.

Buffnik's chart shows 15 commits (not counting known greyshirt Lisella, nor Reed, who early enrolled) for 10 available scholarships now.

That means we either get 5 guys to leave if we take no more guys.

HCMM has publicly stated 17 or 18 total guys and I'm assuming he's counting greyshirts as they count in this class (at least for now).

I have Reed already among the scholarship freshmen.

Otherwise, you're right on with that.

I really want Awuzie. We need more athletes, especially in the defensive backfield. Also, I would hate to start messing up the class balance we're finally starting to put together among the DBs.

MtnBuff - it's not. We just need DBs here. We have not a commit from any corners as of yet. We need one.

I have Reed already among the scholarship freshmen.

Otherwise, you're right on with that.

I really want Awuzie. We need more athletes, especially in the defensive backfield. Also, I would hate to start messing up the class balance we're finally starting to put together among the DBs.

Quite aware you had Reed with the freshmen. Was just trying to point out why you have 15 as your total, rather than 17 as Rivals shows...
link

Last edited:
I saw a headline on rivals saying that he'd make the call on Saturday. I'm assuming that didn't happen?

Said he won't tell anyone until he has a ceremony at his school

He did say he'd let coaches know. So I guess if we get an announcement that we got a verbal from another CB it would mean that he told us "no".

I guess the one signing day surprise. Adam said during the show that he was about 75% sure he'd sign with the buffs. The one day Wazzou verbal was an interesting twist. Seems like he was just trying to get the pirate out of his living room.

Has not announced he just knows where he is going. Here is what he said on Colorado:

"The coaches that were recruiting me at San Jose State went to Colorado and I had developed a strong relationship with them," Awuzie said. "Colorado is in the Pac-12 so that is attractive and I could be part of the foundation to turn that program around."

Hopefully us jumping the gun doesn't piss him off. Florida did that with a 4* DE today, so he signed with LSU instead:lol:

so much for his noon announcement - someone at CU screwed up.

If he wanted it to be a surprise, he should have faxed his signed NLI AFTER the noon announcement. CU is just tweeting them after they get 'em. I don't see anything wrong with what they did.

Great potential with this signing.... Welcome Chidobe! Now coach Mike Mac can work his magic! :congrats:

Back