What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA WR Bryce Bobo (Signed to Colorado)

If there is a bump, it is more due to the number of subscribers to the premium site a fanbase has than it does the relative national prestige of the program. Every business panders to its best customers.

In terms of Rivals, it's a good thing for CU that Adam got an award this past years for having one of the fastest growing Rivals boards. Gives him some pull when he makes a stink about a CU recruit needing to be re-evaluated.

Not intending to stir the pot, just trying to point out that seems like many times we get caught up in *ratings of these recruits, or which schools we are recruiting against. He wasnt under OUR radar. If this staff has been watching this kid for a year now and extends an offer, Im good with that..... I trust he can play. The rating is not material at this point. I should not have mentioned recent qb ratings.

I wonder if the Upland trio had some input on his offer. He looked like he made a few plays against them. Was that Mosley who loses him but makes the tackle?

Btw, great update article on Bobo from Adam at Rivals. He interviewed Bobo's coach. Looks like this guy knows EB really well and that was how we got turned onto Bobo.
http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377180
"Bryce has huge mitts. We have trouble finding him gloves that are big enough for him. He wears XXXL gloves. Every time I introduced him to a coach that came through recruiting, they would shake his hands and be really impressed."

You mentioned that he has deceptive speed. Do you think the perception that Bobo is not a very fast receiver kept a lot of other colleges from offering him a scholarship this spring?

"Yeah. Unless you came out and actually saw him play and practice in-person, you wouldn't be able to tell it on film. There were colleges that liked everything about him except they were questioning his speed. He just doesn't need to take as many steps as those shorter receivers do."

Last edited:
I'm liking this kid more and more. His 6'3 frame and huge hands can be a HUGE asset for a QB with accuracy in the red zone. Think about how many times Tom Brady used Randy Moss in corner of the endzone TD's.

Bobo fits a role that will be very useful. We have other WR's that can burn a DB long or go over the middle. It's harder to find the big athletic WR who can go up and over the DB and bring down the jump balls.

He could score 12 TD's in a season on 50 catches.

EDIT: The 1st highlight on his film and again at 1:11 shows exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Just watched his vids. He definitely is not a burner. He has prototypical size and catches very well with his hands. Possession type receiver imo

Just watched his vids. He definitely is not a burner. He has prototypical size and catches very well with his hands. Possession type receiver imo

Possession receivers can also go deep for you if they're big... and he is. You're just not going to get the runs after a 5 yard slant like the video game highlights P-Rich had against Cal.

Bryce Bobo.
Run precise routes.
Get to your target fast.
Destroy the defensive back seven.

4b2008ca-2f82-578f.jpg

Possession receivers can also go deep for you if they're big... and he is. You're just not going to get the runs after a 5 yard slant like the video game highlights P-Rich had against Cal.

Think Phil Savoy or Derek McCoy here...

His hand is almost as long as the football.

Slider - please change image post to link. Copyrighted photo.

I like this pickup...big mitts...if he can catch the ball...that will be GREAT! I'm still miffed about the number of dropped passes the last six years. A big :thumbsup: on this one.

PHP:
Solid possession footage. Body catcher. Needs to change that. Not the dynamic possession player Jeff Thomas was on film. Slick route running. Not fast but knows how to find holes in zones and set cb's up. His play reminds me of Rod Smith a little.

Who is his QB? looks pretty good. nice footwork and didnt give up on anyplays.

Dan Patrick was talking about a receiver in the 80's for Arkansas named Donnie Bobo today, got me curious if there was any relation.

Dan Patrick was talking about a receiver in the 80's for Arkansas named Donnie Bobo today, got me curious if there was any relation.

What i'm really curious about is if he is related to a 4* WR in the allbuffs Ncaa13 Dynasty. Currently Virginia is his top school. Cousins?

Back