What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO DE Austin Berk (Signed to CSU)

Don't see him going to CSU. With the limited numbers of schollies available I don't know if CU offers (hope they do) but either way I think he is going to have better offers than CSU. Just a matter of time until AQ level schools start offering.

I want this guy in a Buff uniform.

I agree. Definitely a Solder type player. I know I'll get hammered on for saying this but, the fact that he is a legacy makes it even better. I believe it would help to repair relationships with the local HS. IMO We've had pretty good luck with kids like this it seems, especially from the Central and Western slope areas (no source just pure observation)

If he does get a CU offer it will very late in the game after we have missed on our Plan A guys. I would love to keep the legacy kids here. It is tough when we are only projecting at 13 to 18 schollies. I hope he would consider a GS like McCartney did. There are some real advantages to having an extra year to let your body mature while not taking a pounding on special teams and in practice daily. His measurables look like D1 material to me. I think you would have to see how he fared against the best OT's he faces this year. I hope he also plays some TE so we can see how he would be as a pass blocking TE initially.

Really needs to get to some camps this spring and show off that he is worthy of a scholarship.

If he does get a CU offer it will very late in the game after we have missed on our Plan A guys. I would love to keep the legacy kids here. It is tough when we are only projecting at 13 to 18 schollies. I hope he would consider a GS like McCartney did. There are some real advantages to having an extra year to let your body mature while not taking a pounding on special teams and in practice daily. His measurables look like D1 material to me. I think you would have to see how he fared against the best OT's he faces this year. I hope he also plays some TE so we can see how he would be as a pass blocking TE initially.

He is likely graduating in December, so a grayshirt is not really a good option in this case.

But, he could be a class of 2012 option if one or more from the class don't qualify, right?

Yep. I think our coaching staff is waiting to see how numbers shake out this spring and if any 2012 recruits do not qualify.

No GS option really hurts his chances of being a buff.
We are sitting on one scholly right now however so there is that option also. I expect attrition to get another couple of schollies.

Yep. I think our coaching staff is waiting to see how numbers shake out this spring and if any 2012 recruits do not qualify.

At this point, though, does it really matter which class he counts against? With a small class this year, the issue is the limit of 85, not the class size. Or are you saying he'd bring depth if a 2012 d lineman doesn't qualify?

At this point, though, does it really matter which class he counts against? With a small class this year, the issue is the limit of 85, not the class size. Or are you saying he'd bring depth if a 2012 d lineman doesn't qualify?

85 is the key consideration, but you always want to count guys back if you can in case it could give you an extra slot in the class that follows.

Info from the burrito stand says Berk will be visiting the three in-state schools over the next couple weeks. Also will be going to the LA Nike Camp at the end of the month (this is a big opportunity to shine).

I have a feeling we will find a way to get Berk in as a Legacy guy. I think Embree really respects that and that Berk will respond well to him. This is just spit-balling though.

Unfortunate to see him head up north. Tough year to try and get in with CU due to the limited schollies. Wish him well

Kinda figured it was going to end up this way once Derek McCartney got an offer.

This is Austin's Dad and we are totally supporting his decsion to attend CSU. We were very pleased with the new Coaches and feel they will make CSU a solid program soon! The risk of waiting for an offer to CU was one he did not want to take as well really wanted to make early. He plans enrolling in Jan 2013 and waiting was not an option for him. Thanks for all the nice words mentioned about him and I will always have BnG in my hart except for when the the Rams play the Buffs!

Back