What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX PF Dustin Thomas (Signed to Colorado)

Regardless of Thomas's numbers or ultimate ranking, I think we should take it as a very good sign that the staff immediately accepted his commitment given the caliber of players we were still in on and the fact that it was likely the last available spot in this year's class.

Welcome Dustin. Nearly every bball recruit mentions us winning the Pac-12. What a great recruiting tool

Thorburn:

Just ran into Andre Roberson on campus. He said new #CUBuffs commit Dustin Thomas is legit and can "shoot the lights out."

Hearing more and more people commenting on the kid's shot. If he's as good of a shooter as people are saying.....

#RollTad

He averaged 20 points, 14 rebounds, five assists and five steals while shooting 48 percent from three-point range for Pleasant Grove as a junior.

Yeah, I'll take that. Way to go Tad.

his stats kinda compare to Dufault but I think he is facing tougher competition.

SENIOR:

26 points
12 rebounds
4 assists
3 steals
2 blocks

named North Dakota Mr Basketball
McDonald's All-American nominee

JUNIOR:

20 points
8 rebounds

his stats kinda compare to Dufault but I think he is facing tougher competition.

SENIOR:

26 points
12 rebounds
4 assists
3 steals
2 blocks

named North Dakota Mr Basketball
McDonald's All-American nominee

JUNIOR:

20 points
8 rebounds
Texas competition >>>> North Dakota competition

Yeah, top 10 player in Texas is going to likely be better than just about any player from North Dakota ever. I'm not sure where the Dufault comparisons came from, but I don't see this kid having to fill his shoes or something.

Yeah, top 10 player in Texas is going to likely be better than just about any player from North Dakota ever. I'm not sure where the Dufault comparisons came from, but I don't see this kid having to fill his shoes or something.

agreed. The reason I am posting the Dufault comparison because I think he might become what we all hoped Dufault would be when he was here: A big man who can step outside and hit a 3 point shot. He looks like he has the frame to be above 220 by his Sophmore year in college.

Dufault was a good player for us. I don't want to talk negatively about him. He was a big reason we won a conference title.

Regarding his high school stats, not only was that in North Dakota but it was in the small school division. What made him a viable recruiting prospect was when he performed well with a traveling team in a Vegas tourney. Very similar to Thomas in that latter regard.

Gotcha. Appears to be a solid signing for sure. Would LOVE to SEE some VIDEO to further amp up my excitement.

tad for bball coach/AD

If Tad ever wanted to move up to the AD position he would probably be great at it. Top flight people skills, highly organized and driven, ability to see future developments.

That all said I just want to keep him as BB coach, at least until we win a couple of NCAA tourneys.:nod:

Dustin is also just two spots away from claiming that Top 100 list. Also Jaron is about five spots. Hopefully they can both have tremendous senior years and get there.

Holy ****. From unknown to 4*. Damn.

The Buffalo Bump for committing. :thumbsup:

Holy ****. From unknown to 4*. Damn.

The Buffalo Bump for committing. :thumbsup:

:nod: He is only a 4 star because he committed to the buffs. Had he choose a non basketball school like UCLA he would only be a 3 star.

OK, nice writeup from ESPN. Praises his shooting and athleticism. Good passer. Can defend in the post and on the perimeter. Apparently he had a 4" growth spurt that really caused him to start getting attention. The only knocks they really list? He needs to continue to get stronger and should continue to work on his ballhandling.

OK, nice writeup from ESPN. Praises his shooting and athleticism. Good passer. Can defend in the post and on the perimeter. Apparently he had a 4" growth spurt that really caused him to start getting attention. The only knocks they really list? He needs to continue to get stronger and should continue to work on his ballhandling.
Why do we keep hearing this about Tad recruits? Dude knows what he is looking for.

Why do we keep hearing this about Tad recruits? Dude knows what he is looking for.

The only thing that's missing is "left handed".

/waits for someone to find out he actually is left handed at this point...

The only thing that's missing is "left handed".

/waits for someone to find out he actually is left handed at this point...
I kind of want to field an all left handed starting lineup. Just cause.

Back