What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX SF George King (Signed to Colorado)

Why wasn't he recruited in the last cycle? What am I missing here? He is part of the incoming 2013 class?

Dre rocks and really represented the Buffs well off and on the court and I am surpremely hopeful he ends up playing an important role on an NBA team. Not to disrespect him in any way, but King actually seems like ha has more upside than Dre b/c his offensive game is more developed and he also seems stronger already.

Why wasn't he recruited in the last cycle? What am I missing here? He is part of the incoming 2013 class?

He will be part of next years team....he was signed in the late period. Thomas, Hopkins and Fletcher were signed in the early period of recruiting.

Collier was an early signing for 2014-15.

He looks like he fits the profile that Tad has thrived on. Finding guys who are late developers and have a high potential for becoming "surprises" to everyone else.

He addresses a couple of needs. His dad is 6'8" and he is still growing. He grew 3" this year so that 6'8" is certainly within reason. He is also solidly built and looks like someone who doesn't mind the physical game. He could be our answer as a true PF but with enough quckness to deal with smaller, quicker guys as well. He also looks to be a decent outside shooter which is another area that we could have used help last year.

All in all a very interesting find by Tad.

He will be part of next years team....he was signed in the late period. Thomas, Hopkins and Fletcher were signed in the early period of recruiting.

Collier was an early signing for 2014-15.

Dom hasn't signed a thing. He's only a commit.

I go to the grocery store, and we get Dom. I leave for Tampa and we get King George. I guess that's just the universe's way of telling me I need to back away from the computer more often. That, or I'm actually Nik in disguise.

Welcome to the Black and Gold, George!

SECO explained it a bit. Basketball has 2 signing periods. There's the early period in November (when most sign) and the regular period in April/May (when hold-outs and late developers sign).

With King, I think we can look at a couple things. He is in San Antonio (not a hotbed for hoops recruiting) and plays for a 4A rather than a 5A high school. Also, he was a 6'2" guard averaging under 10 points a game as a junior. Now, he's a hair under 6'6", still growing, averaging nearly 18 ppg and 11 rpg, and killing it on the AAU circuit while showing 3pt range. He simply blew up as a senior.

Leave for a weekend trip to Phoenix and we rock the King! Looks like a great new member of the Squad. Roll freaking Tad, Roll! #RollTad

Quality pickup, maybe even a great pickup. Can't wait to see how everything plays out next year. #isitnovemberyet

SECO explained it a bit. Basketball has 2 signing periods. There's the early period in November (when most sign) and the regular period in April/May (when hold-outs and late developers sign).

With King, I think we can look at a couple things. He is in San Antonio (not a hotbed for hoops recruiting) and plays for a 4A rather than a 5A high school. Also, he was a 6'2" guard averaging under 10 points a game as a junior. Now, he's a hair under 6'6", still growing, averaging nearly 18 ppg and 11 rpg, and killing it on the AAU circuit while showing 3pt range. He simply blew up as a senior.

Thanks!!

And a big welcome to the King!!

"With King, I think we can look at a couple things. He is in San Antonio (not a hotbed for hoops recruiting) and plays for a 4A rather than a 5A high school. Also, he was a 6'2" guard averaging under 10 points a game as a junior. Now, he's a hair under 6'6", still growing, averaging nearly 18 ppg and 11 rpg, and killing it on the AAU circuit while showing 3pt range. He simply blew up as a senior."

Buffnik quote

His story really sounds similar to that of Anthony Davis. As a 6'3" Junior, Davis' only offer was from someone like Cleveland St. He grew a few more inches than George has, but it sounds like George is blowing up in a similar manner.

Last edited:
'13 TX SF George King (Verbal to Colorado)

"With King, I think we can look at a couple things. He is in San Antonio (not a hotbed for hoops recruiting) and plays for a 4A rather than a 5A high school. Also, he was a 6'2" guard averaging under 10 points a game as a junior. Now, he's a hair under 6'6", still growing, averaging nearly 18 ppg and 11 rpg, and killing it on the AAU circuit while showing 3pt range. He simply blew up as a senior."

Buffnik quote

His story really sounds similar to that of Anthony Davis. As a 6'3" Junior, Davis' only offer was from someone like Cleveland St. He grew a few more inches than George has, but it sounds like George is blowing up in a similar manner.

Davis was a 5* recruit and the #1 overall pick. Lets not get carried away.

Buffnik quote

He's an awesome prospect because should he get to 6'8", he'll have a PF build with legitimate ball skills and an outside game. I believe someone said he seems like a better prospect at this point in the game than Roberson was, and I agree due to his actually having perimeter skills in addition to his obvious athleticism and rebounding ability.

Buffnik quote

King is an unrated recruit while Davis was the number 1 overall recruit. I love Boyle but we are going a little overboard here. I am not sure why we got him at this point, doubt he will play much this season (if at all) and we are recruiting higher-rated players for 2014.

King is an unrated recruit while Davis was the number 1 overall recruit. I love Boyle but we are going a little overboard here. I am not sure why we got him at this point, doubt he will play much this season (if at all) and we are recruiting higher-rated players for 2014.

Ratings aren't everything. This kid is impressive and he will play this year. He will play A LOT if the growth spurt does indeed come.

He's an awesome prospect because should he get to 6'8", he'll have a PF build with legitimate ball skills and an outside game. I believe someone said he seems like a better prospect at this point in the game than Roberson was, and I agree due to his actually having perimeter skills in addition to his obvious athleticism and rebounding ability.

Yep.

'13 TX SF George King (Verbal to Colorado)

Again you missed the point. This kid, just like Davis, had a big growth spurt which put them on the scene. Davis' just came earlier than Kings. No one is saying King is going to be the #1 pick or play like the #1 pick in the draft.

And that's fine if he doesn't play this year. It's a great problem to have that we have to redshirt kids like King. Attrition will happen again next year and I bet somehow we will have three scholarships for 2014.

Last edited:
With King, I think we can look at a couple things. He is in San Antonio (not a hotbed for hoops recruiting) and plays for a 4A rather than a 5A high school.

They also mentioned in that tv report that his high school is only 3 years old.

He's got a crap ton of offers. Did all of those come in the late period?

Re: '13 TX SF George King (Verbal to Colorado)

Welcome George!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Will's article is up on Rivals:

Boyle first noticed King while he played with the New Mexico D1 Ambassadors at the Best Buy Mile High Classic April 26-28. He displayed a smooth jump shot with range beyond the arc, a willingness to play more physical than his size would suggest, true wing skills and explosive athleticism.

Also, I thought this quote was interesting in light of the XJ tweet that generated a ton of speculation:

Soon to be sophomore Xavier Johnson served as his player host as King visited Boulder on May 7

Xavier Johnson ‏@XtheCreator 7 May And we gotta play with the recruit tonight. Yah boy is tired

Back