What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

He very well might drop in the rankings, it is a bumper crop of QBs in the 2013 class after all. Should not matter too much though. The coaches had him as a top target and landed him, no settling here.

I agree with that, and it's really the only thing that matters. Our coaches did their homework we can be rest assured and went after him. He could have been rated a 2-star and I'd be just as pleased.

Lack of offers isn't all that uncommon for a lot of the top QBs this cycle. There's an elite group that everyone was going after. Then, there is a large group just below that which had all the top programs talking to them, not giving a committable offer to, but all the smaller programs knowing not to bother recruiting them. Every analyst following the west coast QB recruiting keeps repeating that dominoes are going to fall quickly once a key guy or two commit. They thought it would be Browne's commitment, but that didn't do it. CU outflanked a bunch of programs by offering Sefo early and making him the number 1 guy on our board even though there were probably 3 or 4 guys that would have been above him if recruiting was like the NFL draft.

Well played by Embree & staff on this one. We got one hell of a talent.

Just as another example: Brogan Roback out of Toledo, OH is the QB Rivals has ranked one spot above Sefo (Roback is 11th and 189th overall, Liufau 12th and 196th). Roback's offers are currently: Bowling Green, Ohio and Toledo.

Great news! Welcome to the Black and Gold Mr. Liufau!

Go Buffs!

4b2008ca-0be9-9f32.jpg

Welcome!

@Skiddy, at least use a decent picture of Colorado. He might think he accidentally committed to the ND State Bison.

:woot:....welcome to the BnG!!! :gobuffs:

future looks bright for the buffs under center....now just have to land some play makers around them, to make life a bit easier!

This type of prospect committing early should open up a wave of top talent becoming very interested in boulder.
I am especially hoping it opens up some blue chip receivers. Between Connor Wood, Shane Dillon and now Sefo we have a string of top tier PS QBs who have the potential to light it up and help big play receivers maximize their potential. PRich going down is devastating news for us, in part b/c we only have 1 known big play receiver.

Just as another example: Brogan Roback out of Toledo, OH is the QB Rivals has ranked one spot above Sefo (Roback is 11th and 189th overall, Liufau 12th and 196th). Roback's offers are currently: Bowling Green, Ohio and Toledo.

Roback is the only 4-star without a huge offer list, with the exception of Sefo. This is very rare in May. There are always guys who blow up over the summer and into their senior year. Usually the 4-stars have a full offer list by now as they got to be a 4-star from camping and having film available, which Sefo has in place. Again, happy to have him, but I don't expect him to keep 4 stars unless some offers start busting in.

The Spring Evaluation period started yesterday and goes through the end of May. Plus he has the Elite 11 camp stop in Oakland next month. I doubt things look the same at the end of next month.

it is really strange that he has no other offers, including offers from smaller schools.

Roback is the only 4-star without a huge offer list, with the exception of Sefo. This is very rare in May. There are always guys who blow up over the summer and into their senior year. Usually the 4-stars have a full offer list by now as they got to be a 4-star from camping and having film available, which Sefo has in place. Again, happy to have him, but I don't expect him to keep 4 stars unless some offers start busting in.

I really doubt he would lose his 4* because of his offer list.

The Spring Evaluation period started yesterday and goes through the end of May. Plus he has the Elite 11 camp stop in Oakland next month. I doubt things look the same a month from now.

Shane Dillon only ended up with about 5 reported offers last year since he committed to us in mid-May. One difference there was that he didn't commit until he was into the spring evaluation period. Also, Dillon had been doing a ton of camps.

Brock Berglund the year before had over a dozen reported offers. A big reason for that is that he waited until mid-October before committing to CU because he wanted to collect offers.

Zero other offers is unusual, but it's normal that there would be few offers when a guy commits in April. As long as he presents himself as completely solid with the Buffs, he won't get a lot of offers.

As I posted earlier offers are a two way street. If he has been focused on CU for a while now he may not have been seeking other offers with much enthusiasm. The offer list also is dependant on someone reporting the offers. If he or his supporters don't report them then they don't get listed. He may not have thought enough of an Idaho offer or an Eastern Washington offer to bother reporting it since he wasn't going to consider it anyways. Last year Erik Norgard had a number of schools that either offered or told him they would offer if he was willing to consider it, he said "No thanks" and they didn't end up reported.

Since the player isn't talking about this all we can do is speculate but I'm not overly worried about the lack of offers at the moment. The thing to look at now is which schools come in during the process and try to flip him although we may never know who they are either.

Liufau v Wood v Dillon sounds so much better than our previous QB competitions. Should be an interesting next 3-4 years.

Just watched his video and I'm SOLD. Good pocket presence and mobile enough escape pressure if needed. Also, quite a bit of hit throws were timing/anticipation. He threw multiple passes right where they were needed. So psyched

Really excited about this kid. Seems not only that he is a great talent, but is also a great kid.

Just watched his video and I'm SOLD. Good pocket presence and mobile enough escape pressure if needed. Also, quite a bit of hit throws were timing/anticipation. He threw multiple passes right where they were needed. So psyched

The only thing his tape doesn't show is him stepping up into the pocket. Mostly, there isn't one and he's scampering. But he looks a little quick sometimes to slide outside and I don't see one case where he steps into the pocket. That is easier to teach than trying to teach the other instinctual things he does well. But it will take some time and some coaching.

The only thing his tape doesn't show is him stepping up into the pocket. Mostly, there isn't one and he's scampering. But he looks a little quick sometimes to slide outside and I don't see one case where he steps into the pocket. That is easier to teach than trying to teach the other instinctual things he does well. But it will take some time and some coaching.

Ya I noticed that too, it looked like his has a bad OL. He did seem a little quick to scramble outside but was mostly money on those passes

Someone on rivals posted he is an academic risk. Hopefully not true

Considering that Rivals lists a 3.6 gpa. He has been mentioning that his meetings with CU academic advisors was instrumental in solidifying things in his mind that he wanted to commit to CU. I suppose that could be taken to mean that there were questions and the school laying out the plan for satisfying admissions requirements was important, but given the gpa I took it as meaning that the degree programs and assistance with balancing that with the demands of D1 football were well-presented to him.

Back